Four Ways To A Colourful & Stylish Bathroom

cp-hart-colourful-bath-tubCP-hart-bathroomsCP-hart-monochrome-bathroomcp-hart-bathroom-sinksfooter

I’ve lost count of the all-white bathrooms I’ve seen over the years, so it’s no surprise that CP Hart’s impressive selection of bright designs for bathrooms caught my colour-loving eye. The first idea to invite more hue into a bathroom is to focus on the focal point of the space – the bathtub! Painting your bath tub is a sure fire way to demand design attention in a space and works really well if the room is lacking a natural point of interest, such as an architectural detail. For the strongest results with this approach it works best to foil the tub with a simply decorated space so that it really makes the tub pop. Alternatively you can go for a colour block approach across the whole space, like in example number two – lavish your walls with colourful abandon and colour match your textiles and accessories for a chameleon layered effect that will entertain the eye. Too much hue for you? No worries, a monochromatic scheme with check board tiling is a great way to keep things muted yet interesting. This third example works wonders in a traditional property. Finally, you can also turn to colour to make an awkward architectural detail the main feature of a bathroom. The four bathroom shows how a lick of intense blue paint gives a subtle nautical flavour to the space, while also framing the mirror and creating visual interest out of the wall shape. Which of these four colourful bathroom design ideas do you like best? How do you invite colour into your bathroom?

// Photography by CP Hart

• Reply Kristin March 18, 2014 at 12:56 am

Love the green splash of color in image two. Makes me want to grab paint bucket.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 18, 2014 at 8:02 am

@Kristin – It’s such a bold and energising approach that works a treat in that space!

• Reply Bea March 18, 2014 at 7:57 am

I need to paint my bathtub stat! What an awesome idea!!

• Reply James March 18, 2014 at 7:58 am

I like your idea to use color to create a feature from an existing odd shaped wall… works well.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 18, 2014 at 8:17 am

@James – Totally! I think it works wonders for an awkward space like this.

• Reply chichi furniture March 18, 2014 at 9:29 am

I love the painted bath best – a fab feature. If I had a larger bathroom, I would add colour by way of features, like the painted bath, or by using painted furniture additions like a beautiful country chic cabinet to display towels and vanity items rather than a boring bathroom cabinet. Maybe even an upholstered chair in the corner to create a relaxing vibe :O)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 18, 2014 at 9:57 am

@ChiChi Furniture – I love your ideas for a colourful cabinet and an upholstered chair – there’s something very luxurious about an upholstered chair in a bathroom, isn’t there! πŸ™‚

• Reply Leslie-Anne March 18, 2014 at 11:24 am

Colour block makes me happy.

• Reply Sarahmia March 18, 2014 at 11:33 am

It has literally never occurred to me to paint a bathtub and now it’s all I can think about…

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 18, 2014 at 11:35 am

@Sarahmia – Me too, I am obsessed with this idea! So unique and stylish.

• Reply jillian March 18, 2014 at 1:10 pm

love that tub!! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

• Reply michele March 18, 2014 at 4:34 pm

I absolutely love the rug in the 2nd picture. It’s fabulous!

• Reply Martha March 18, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I have actually painted the bottom of a clawfoot tub – it was a denim blue. it was AWESOME.

• Reply martha March 18, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Love your blog, BTW!!!

• Reply KMP Furniture Blog November 4, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Wow, I cannot decide which one I would choose, honestly. But I must say the 3rd option looks very elegant and mesmerizing. I love how there’s something for everyone.