Colorful NYC Art Prints by Remko Heemskerk

headerRemko-Gap-Heemskerk-park-avenue-new-york-city-printRemko-Gap-Heemskerk-colorful-NYC-printsRemko-Gap-Heemskerk-Tribeca-new-york-city-printRemko-Gap-Heemskerk-E10-street-new-york-city-printRemko-Gap-Heemskerk-5th-avenue-new-york-city-printfooter

I stopped in my internet scrolling tracks the moment I happened upon these bright NYC art prints by Remko Heemskerk. Remko’s art immediately reminded me of the colourful paintings by Izutsu Hiroyuki that depict Japan in a saturated and vibrant manner. Comparing these graphic and colour block visions of NYC to my the gritty and grey pictures I took in New York City recently shows the ironic take on Manhattan by Remko’s NYC prints. I like how the striking architecture of the city is highlighted thanks to the colour blocking approach – plus, you know Mr. Bazaar, he loves to look at the world through a colourful lens! What do you like about Remko Heemskerk’s NYC art prints?

// Art by Remko Heemskerk

• Reply Andi March 26, 2014 at 1:33 am

These are fantastic!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 26, 2014 at 1:42 am

@Andi – Right?! Great to see this unique take on such famous buildings.

• Reply SusaN March 26, 2014 at 1:35 am

You find the best art!! These prints are rockin’, especially the Empire State Building.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 26, 2014 at 1:41 am

@Susan – Thank you! I like the Chrysler Building one best, I think. Hard to decide!

• Reply Bea March 26, 2014 at 1:37 am

Thank you for sharing these…I tempted to order three for my office.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 26, 2014 at 1:41 am

@Bea – I think three of these prints alongside one another would look really striking – great idea!

• Reply Andrew Dunning March 26, 2014 at 8:02 am

These prints are almost architectural in the detail, but quirky too – and well, just awesome! Great prices too … I might have to buy a couple, Tribeca and Greenwich Village I love – my favourite areas of the city. Top find Will!

• Reply Tzevai March 26, 2014 at 8:43 am

These are cool – I love the colours!

• Reply Brooke March 26, 2014 at 10:33 am

These are fabulous. I think the Chrysler building is my favorite.

• Reply Trisha March 26, 2014 at 11:09 am

So beautiful. I’m going to visit my friend in NYC in May and this is making me uber excited! x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 26, 2014 at 11:10 am

@Trisha – Oh, I’ll be there in May as well. If you are in town on May 1st let me know as I’m having a book signing party! x

• Reply susan hutchinson (@fleurishing) March 26, 2014 at 11:45 am

Oh wow, I love these…the first one is my fav.

• Reply anya March 26, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Hey Will, how are you doing?? Lurve these – my favourites are 1 and last piece – gorgeous colour combo on all of them. Happy Hump day x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 26, 2014 at 6:33 pm

@Anya – Great, thank you! Hope you are too? Love your choices! 🙂 xx

• Reply Rebecca April 1, 2014 at 6:41 pm

I think they capture the vibrancy of NYC perfectly – represented by its energy, architecture and the people that live there. Seeing these fill my heart with glee. Can’t wait to go back home. Thanks for posting these. You’re an inspiring blogger that I’d love to meet some day SOON!

Xo,
    Rebecca

Twitter: @DaFashionista1

• Reply Mademoiselle Bagatelles April 9, 2014 at 8:16 am

Difficult to choose they’re all amazing! But perhaps a little preference for the third one: the contrast between the detailed buildings and the other ones is interesting…

• Reply Kate April 12, 2014 at 10:59 am

Ahhhh these are AMAZING! When I finally get my townhouse in Brighton (wishful thinking) I shall be using these to theme an NYC room, LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    P.S And your blog too, Mr Bright Bazaar 🙂