Three Ways To Colourful Steam Shower Therapy

headermulti-coloured-bathroom-tilespink-shower-roomyellow-wet-roomfooter

OK, so I’ve blogged about how therapeutic and inspiring the colours of L.A. were and also how I was on the hunt for inspiring shower enclosure ideas. So it will come as no surprise that I was super excited to be able to spend an afternoon with Martha Orellana who is the inspiring leader of steam bath company, Mr. Steam during Blog Tour L.A.. During a tour of their steam baths in a fancy pants L.A. showroom I learned that the company offers a chroma therapy system alongside their range of steam showers. Well, you don’t need to mention chroma therapy to Mr. Bazaar twice: of course, my ears pricked up the moment I heard the words “hot steam” and “colour” in the same sentence! Mr. Steam’s Chromasteam system uses a multiple LED cluster to utilise the wellbeing qualities of colour, harnessing them to make the bathing experience all the more restorative. This totally sounds like an in-home spa experience that Mr. Bazaar can get down with – and by the looks of the models that tried the showers in L.A., they loved it.

So with colourful shower experiences still on the mind I felt inspired to pull together three shower room schemes that put hue front and centre. The first is a playful take on multicolour with large oversized tiles that create a graphic, upbeat and youthful feel. This scheme would be perfect for a fun family shower room, don’t you think? Bathed In Pink is the second colourful shower room is more sophisticated in it’s look and feel but still sees colour at the heart of the space. A pink skylight above the shower chamber sees the wet area bathed in an intense pink light. I’m closing my eyes and imagining how wonderful this would look accompanied by Mr. Steam’s Chromasteam system. One day, one day! Finally, I think the all over colour block approach of the third colourful shower room is perfect for a wet room. A small space that is used for showering offers the opportunity to use colour create a cheerful and playful space; the bright sunshine tiles of this final look offer the bather the energising qualities of yellow – ideal for a shower room! Do you have any colour in your shower room? Which colours do find find restorative and motivating?

// Photography by 1. Apartment Therapy | 2. Coco Kelley, via | 3. The Common Pursuit

• Reply geraldine@littlebigbell November 5, 2013 at 12:42 am

Hi Will, a wonderful post. My favourite is the first colourful shower room. I’m sure my kids would have loved it compared to their current neutral one. As for steam therapy and that spa experience at home, definitely on my wish list when we next refurbish.x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 5, 2013 at 7:40 am

@Geraldine – Excellent choice! I was just chatting with T last night telling him about the steam baths and now he would love one as well! x

• Reply naomi November 5, 2013 at 1:22 am

Hands down, the pink wins. It doesn’t hurt that its balanced out with the white and brass.

Naomi
    LOST+FOUND

• Reply gudy herder November 5, 2013 at 9:04 am

That’s a nice approach, Will! My colors are very natural in my bathroom but actually I was thinking about painting the wall I have above my tiles. We’ll see..xx PD: nice graphic design!

• Reply argone November 5, 2013 at 9:46 am

I like the shower with these bright coloured tiles … great !

• Reply Carmen Achados de Decoração November 5, 2013 at 11:10 am

Hi Will! You know what? I loooooooooove you love colors because itΒ΄s the thing I love most in Interior Design. πŸ˜‰ I feel so happy when I read your posts!!!

Kisses from Sao Paulo – Brasil,

Carmen

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 5, 2013 at 11:28 am

@Carmen – That is so great to read! Here’s to colour lovers the world round! πŸ™‚

• Reply caroline @trend-daily November 5, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Hi lovely-quite fancy a bit of pink myself! Hope to see you and Carole Thursday xx

• Reply molly {Dreams in hd} November 5, 2013 at 1:06 pm

the pink shower is just amazing!

• Reply susan November 5, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Just looking at that pink shower I feel more relaxed!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 5, 2013 at 3:47 pm

@Susan – I totally know what you mean, it has a lovely soothing glow to it.

• Reply Toni @ Skandivis November 5, 2013 at 4:18 pm

For me it’s the white bathroom bathed in pink! Crisp (which I love) with the pink making it welcoming and kind of romantic. x

• Reply Chichi furniture November 6, 2013 at 11:09 am

Pink all the way for me – love it :O)

• Reply KMP Furniture Blog November 4, 2017 at 1:17 pm

okay, I absolutely adore the first one with the colorful tiles. Wow it’s better than some colorful shower curtain and I can imagine the place above the bathtub being tiled like this. Beautiful !