Online Resource: How To Curate Gallery Walls

artfully-walls-online-gallery-wall-tool-1aartfully-walls-online-gallery-wall-tool-1bartfully-walls-online-gallery-wall-tool-2artfully-walls-online-gallery-wall-tool-3artfully-walls-online-gallery-wall-tool-4artfully-walls-online-gallery-wall-tool-5sivan-askayo-art-print-1asivan-askayo-art-print-1bx-itzu-rimmer-art-print-on-canvas

Aren’t gallery walls the best? They are such a great way to make use of empty wall space that needs filling but doesn’t merit one standalone, over-sized piece due to other elements in the space. I also feel that they provide an inspiring visual snapshot of the owner’s taste and inspirations. It’s fascinating to see how different people group together their chosen pieces, and to observe how they have married colour, pattern and artistic approaches to tell their own story through art.

In my office I created a gallery wall using a mixture of my own photographic prints and of several artists I admire – I can’t wait to share it with you all in the first Bright.Bazaar book next spring! I was reminded of the process of creating my own gallery wall earlier this week when my talented photographer friend, Sivan Askayo wrote to me to introduce Artfully Walls. All I can say is that I wish I had known about this website when I created the gallery wall in my office – this really is a fantastic online resource for helping you decide how to create your own gallery wall. The website is a curated art market place featuring a collection of beautifully styled gallery walls that showcase a hand-picked portfolio of art. Artfully Walls offers a really wide range of art options including museum quality fine-art prints that are made with archival inks on premium paper and canvas. There’s also an amazing iPhone app that used augmented reality technology to allow you to see how your chosen art from the site will look on your walls – pretty awesome, right? I’ve pulled together some of my favourite gallery walls I spotted over on Artfully Walls, along with three of my favourite pieces of art on the site that caught my eye. Do you have any gallery walls in your home? Do you have any advice/tips to share? I’d love to hear them. Have a fantastic weekend, friends.

Gallery walls: 1. | 2. Grounded, Surreal, Abstract and Real | 3. Pop and Bold | 4. Soft, Full Inhalation | 5. Dishes | 6. Uniquely Pink
Art: 1. Checkered Floor in Buenos Aires | 2. Trays in Buenos Aires | 3. Hora

• Reply susan October 12, 2013 at 12:07 am

I need to share my gallery wall (in our den), and my tips. Nothing original as far as strategy really, but it turned out beautifully! Bon weekend!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 12, 2013 at 12:22 am

@Susan – Yes, I would love to see that and read how it came together! 🙂 Have a fab weekend! x

• Reply Andi October 12, 2013 at 5:03 am

Gallery wall are totally the best!

• Reply Sivan October 12, 2013 at 6:38 am

Can’t wait to see your Gallery Wall, not to mention Bright Bazaar Book and honored two of my photos caught your eye. 🙂

• Reply geraldine October 13, 2013 at 12:08 am

What a fantastic idea to try out a wall online or via app before purchasing. I’m sold on the idea. Off to explore now. I’ve still got quite a few bare walls, but then again, also quite a few prints left in their scroll containers. Happy weekend x

• Reply Tracey October 13, 2013 at 4:34 am

Ah yes, this helps me get my butt in gear and get the gallery wall that I have been meaning to do, done! I love that pile of crates against that dreamy blue brick wall.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 13, 2013 at 9:27 am

@Tracey – Me too! Makes me wanna go to explore the country right now! Glad you enjoyed the post. 🙂

• Reply argone October 13, 2013 at 7:51 am

very nice and colorful !

• Reply tamar October 13, 2013 at 4:14 pm

SO excited to see my sister’s delightful DISHES art!!
    xox

• Reply amy@everythingbegins.com October 14, 2013 at 3:03 am

Oh I love this! I just wrote a blog post for The Interiors Addict about Choosing, Buying & Displaying Art and would have included it if I had known about it before! Thanks for the intro Will! Amy x

• Reply mel October 14, 2013 at 9:41 am

Oh The Trays in Buenos Aires is superb! Gorgeous colours. I usually always have a gallery wall and tend to mix the styles which works for me. M xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 14, 2013 at 9:52 am

@Mel – Right? Sivan has such a good eye for a shot. Love that one! x

• Reply Galina October 15, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I have no gallery wall.But I want to create my gallery.
    Thanks for ideas.

• Reply Anna October 17, 2013 at 8:27 am

EYE SPY my artwork! What a small world! I am working with Artfully Walls and it’s so nice to see it pop up here! LOVE it!!! 🙂

• Reply Hang Your Picture Frames Just Like A Professional August 1, 2016 at 9:59 am

[…] Image Source: How To Curate Gallery Walls […]