Bluebellgray: Decorating With Florals For Fall

decorating-with-floralswee-archie-velvet-fabric-bluebellgray

Decorating with florals for fall, I hear you ask? Well, yes, floral interior design can work in autumn! Admittedly they wouldn’t be the first print I would call on for a quintessentially autumnal scheme, but as these eye-catching spaces by bluebellgray prove it really can be a stylish direction for the fall season. The brand releases it’s first luxury velvet fabric this season and it’s an update on their much-loved Abstract fabric. Most of the designs Fiona Douglas creates are named after her nearest and dearest and this new velvet floral fabric is no different as it’s named after her new baby, Archie! The painterly design features an autumnal palette of rich plums, pinks and teals all in the signature bluebellgray watercolour marks. The key to making the floral print a success for the fall season is to pair the print with a cocooning, deep and intense base palette, such as the midnight blue seen here. I’m totally sold on this approach to decorating with florals and think this is a refreshing take on autumnal decorating. Do you have any floral prints in your home? Have a lovely weekend, friends! See you back here on Monday for a new edition of 10 Things.

// Photography by bluebellgray

• Reply LatteLisa October 19, 2013 at 8:25 am

Florals in autumn – why not? Currently, there are no florals in my home but I have to say that I love the contrast of that dark wall. These colours look beautiful together.

Have a wonderful weekend, Will ; – )

• Reply JANE October 19, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I never thought to decorate with floral prints for autumn but as you say these spaces work really well. I think I might have to give it a try if my husband will let me!

• Reply susan October 19, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I’d happily bring the cushions, curtains and the print on the wall into my home.

• Reply TIM October 19, 2013 at 12:24 pm

The dark colored walls help to make the curtain print pop. I like the contrast with the white floor.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 19, 2013 at 12:25 pm

@Tim – I agree, I think the whole scheme works so well. The stark contrast between the white floor and dark walls is softened by the florals so it all hangs together well.

• Reply Jules October 19, 2013 at 12:24 pm

This is very inspiring!!

• Reply Georgia October 19, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I love Bluebellgray. I wish I’d bought the floral armchair from John Lewis before they sold out. And I’m glad I’ve found your blog too, Will. Perfect for rainy day reading today.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 19, 2013 at 1:51 pm

@Georgia – Thank for the kind words, I’m so pleased you’re enjoyed the blog! πŸ™‚

• Reply chichi furniture October 21, 2013 at 11:02 am

I think its a great idea to bring in florals in the autumn. As the flowers die and all becomes dark and dingy a bit of colour and floral pattern is a welcome sight. The above scheme is wonderful, the florals really compliment and soften the dark walls, pulling the whole look together.

• Reply Leslie-Anne October 21, 2013 at 11:17 am

I love everything from bluebellgrey and this pattern is no exception. The colours look so comfortable and warm.