Weekend Read: A Peek Inside Mollie Makes Home

Mollie-Makes-Home-Magazine-Coverscandi-style-kitchen-diner-white-blue-chairsvintage-blue-vasescolourful-homespun-home-interiorcolourful-home-made-cushions-throws-pillowsscandinavian-window-seatcolourful-vases

The last few weekends have been so busy that I’ve not had much (read: any) time for magazine reading but I’m determined for this to change. I love to wake up on a Saturday morning, walk into the kitchen and brew some fresh coffee to enjoy with the latest magazines that have dropped onto my doormat throughout the week. This weekend I plan to enjoy reading the second issue of Mollie Makes Home which is packed full of exclusive home tours and has been guest edited by Caroline from 91 Magazine. I’m delighted to share this sneak peek inside with you all today because the spaces feel very in-line with my own tastes. I often dream of a Scandinavian home that’s filled with lashings of natural light and pops of colour against a cool, refreshing white base. The kitchen-diner space of Erica Quincy and Andrew Hatcher’s home really hits the right notes: that combination of blue accents, exposed wooden textures and white floors really is a winning trio, don’t you think? Which spaces are inspiring you from these sneak peek inside Mollie Makes Home? Do you have any colourful homespun pieces in your own home? Have a great weekend, friends!

// Photography by Martha Holien Bo and Michael Sinclair

• Reply Vic @ Cush & Nooks September 20, 2013 at 2:18 am

It’s all pretty gorgeous. I love the rustic wood table with the different blue chairs in the kitchen. And the little trio of vases above is super cute! I’m in the same boat as you, Will. I have a couple of divine looking mags, and a really good book, but have been too busy to pick them up – argh! Hopefully this w/end I will. Have a good one x

• Reply Lee September 20, 2013 at 2:47 am

What a gorgeous, fun, colourful home, thank you for sharing Will.

Lee πŸ™‚

• Reply Emelie @florainspiro September 20, 2013 at 8:45 am

I love the kitchen with all the different blue chairs! (when will I ever have a big kitchen like that?!) And the mint table on pic 7.

I really hope you get some nice time off for a quite and refreshing morning with yopur magazines! Have a lovely weekend!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 20, 2013 at 9:58 am

@Emelie – I dream of a kitchen like this as well! πŸ™‚ And, you know me, a total mint addict!

• Reply gudy herder September 20, 2013 at 9:05 am

Unfortunately I don’t get Mollie Makes Home over here but when traveling always try to get any issue at the airports. The guest curating gives a different look&feel, I think it is a brilliant idea!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 20, 2013 at 9:57 am

@Gudy – Mollie Makes Home is an off shoot of Mollie Makes, this is only issue two of the home edition so let me know if you want to me to pick up a copy and post it to you!

• Reply Monika@secretgardenhome September 20, 2013 at 10:24 am

Thanks for sharing Will. That’s what I needed this morning, and now the sun came out as well.
    Absolutely love the kitchen and the living area. The wall prints are so funny and colourful. I love colourful Scandi style.
    My kitchen is definitely the most colourful of all the rooms, and thanks to yellow (I know you love it too), it’s one of the most inviting spaces in the whole house.
    Have a nice weekend.

Monika

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 20, 2013 at 10:32 am

@Monika – You are right – I love yellow! Your kitchen sounds delightful; I also have a yellow kitchen and it is such a warm and inviting space. Have a great weekend, too!

• Reply Louise - 30s Magazine September 20, 2013 at 10:36 am

I really hope we will get this magazine in the Netherlands. It looks great.

• Reply Lucy September 20, 2013 at 10:57 am

I love the rustic nature of the first photo, the bright playful blues juxtaposed against the very adult animal hide rug, and the addition of black and white stripes in the bottom 2 photos.

Happy Weekend!

• Reply Anya September 20, 2013 at 12:42 pm

What a lovely home – and magazine – wish we could buy it here too!! Happy weekend Will,
    Ax

• Reply tim@Designmaze September 20, 2013 at 1:27 pm

oh i love that kitchen! crisp blue and white + warm rustic wood. chris may actually let me have this one! HELLO minty table with black & white striped rug!

happy weekend Mr!

• Reply Valentina September 20, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Wonderful man!!!!!!!!!!!! I love these peeks, these colors and this Magazine, which unfortunately is not distributed in Italy. Thank you guy! Bye bye from Italy!

• Reply Hege September 20, 2013 at 5:03 pm

I love the kitchen! Well done, Caroline! I’ll try to get a copy.
    Happy Weekend! hx

• Reply geraldine September 21, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Such beautiful, colourful spaces. Everything I would love in my own home. I remembered reading the first Mollie Makes home, will definitely look out for this one. Lovely seeing you last night at the launch party and looking forward to LA soon. Happy weekend x

• Reply Chichi furniture September 24, 2013 at 11:02 am

A truly happy home, I love the kitchen, I adore rustic tones against white anyway, so with the added pops of blue – it adds just the right amount of colour to make the room inviting, warm and interesting :O)

• Reply Lily | Birch+Bird September 29, 2013 at 8:20 pm

What a fun, happy home! The kitchen is especially adorable and I’ve always had a weakness for blue and white…my dish collection is getting a little out of control!

• Reply Nicole February 1, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Would love to know where that awesome poster is from — the one with the redheaded woman and the bearded man. Any help tracking this down would be much appreciated!!!

• Reply Astrid June 28, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Hej! I love your photos, can you tell me some info on the print of the red haired girl and bearded guy you have framed in one of your photos? I’d love to know who it’s by/ where I could get one! Thank you!

• Reply Mary January 1, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Hi Will! I am a massive fan of your book and go gaga every time I see those beautiful animal pillows you picture in some of your rooms. I would love to know where you purchased them from.
    Thank you!!!

• Reply Katelyn May 4, 2017 at 1:51 am

Hello Will, I love looking at your beautiful designs! I have fallen desperately in love with the poster of the redhead and bearded man. Could you tell me the artist or who I could purchase this image from?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 7, 2017 at 11:36 pm

@Katelyn – I’m not sure, I’m sorry. Probably best to contact Mollie Makes and ask them as they ran the feature first! Good luck! πŸ™‚

• Reply Sherri May 4, 2017 at 6:03 am

Yes I too would love the print of the red headed woman and bearded man – is it an Alexander girard print?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 7, 2017 at 11:36 pm

@Sherri – I’m not sure, I’m sorry. Probably best to contact Mollie Makes and ask them as they ran the feature first! Good luck! πŸ™‚