Colourful Handmade Wooden Pendant Shades

Factory-twenty-one-pendant-shadeshandmade-wooden-pink-pendant-shadehandmade-wooden-blue-pendant-shadehandmade-wooden-yellow-pendant-shadehandmade-wooden-pendant-shades

Factory Twenty One has to be one of the most exciting stores I’ve found on Etsy for sometime. Working out of a small workshop on a farm in Sussex, England, Christopher Berry makes all of his goods by hand and the range includes picture frames, coat hooks and business card holders. But it’s his beautiful handmade pendant shades that piqued my interest the most. Christopher uses a large amount of recycled materials, mainly English oak or old pallet wood; the pendants are made out of recycled pallets and are handmade right down to the finest detail. I love the ombre colour effect he applies to each shade once it’s been made. With five different shade colours and six different elastic colours there are 30 different options to pick from – perfect for a colour addict like Mr. Bazaar! The ‘colourful rustic’ look of combining a rustic texture with a vibrant hue is one of my favourite design aesthetics; I’d love to hang the blue and yellow design side-by-side. Which of the coloured recycled pallet pendants do you like best, folks?

// Photography by Factory Twenty One | Pendants: Pink | Blue | Yellow

• Reply caroline @trend-daily July 26, 2013 at 12:16 am

Great find Will! So nice to feature local craftsmen-they’re lovely-particularly the dark (indigo?) one! xx

• Reply Katja July 26, 2013 at 5:40 am

The lamps look just great! Love the fact that they are made of recycled wood, and the shape of the lamp is both rustic and modern, a combination hard to achieve. The ombre coloring gives a fresh twist to the warm wood :). I like all the colorings, but would choose a turquoise/ teal coloured, if there was one.

• Reply Eleni July 26, 2013 at 10:42 am

Love them all. Have a nice weekend!

• Reply Helen July 26, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Genius using the different coloured elastic to give the numerous permutations. Loving the purple with orange elastic, but also think I spy a pink with green elastic at the back of the main pic – another favourite combo. So hard to choose!

• Reply Pauline Kiwii July 26, 2013 at 5:54 pm

They’re all looking cool, but my favourite is the pink one, like the gradation !

• Reply susan July 26, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Wow, what a find on Etsy! Thanks for sharing Will…bon weekend!

• Reply Joanna thornhill July 27, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Love these Will – great find, especially as they’re handmade in UK from recycled materials – lots of ticks! Am still looking for a light for my semi-decorated bedroom – I think I might have to get the blue ombre one to match my Dulux ombre wall, non?!

• Reply my scandinavian home July 28, 2013 at 10:19 am

The blue!! 🙂 /Niki

• Reply M~w July 28, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Love them all, also because of our on-going theme ‘rainbow days’; loving the colors more. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply The Office stylist July 29, 2013 at 8:13 pm

SO gorgeous! New obsession!!

• Reply simply grove July 30, 2013 at 6:26 pm