Magpie Miller: Spring Pastels Decorating Ideas

magpie-millerpastel-geometricstea-towels-as-artmagpie-miller-1raindrop-tote-bag-traypastel-plates

Since we’ve made it to half way through the week to Hump Day it feels appropriate to indulge ourselves in some new homeware goodies, don’t you agree?! This indulgence comes courtesy of Magpie Miller, an online interiors store that’s just launched it’s spring collection – and, luckily for us, it’s packed full of cheerful design finds. Some of my favourites include the rain cloud tray and the dipped origami lampshade. In fact, their styled shots for the collection are full of quick and easy decorating ideas for spring – from using washi tape as a frame for art prints to hanging a collection of tea towels, there’s an idea that will work for all. Plus, how great are those geometrical candle holders that fuse masculine and feminine design elements thanks to their pastel colouring? Love them! What’s catching your eye?
// Photography by Magpie Miller

• Reply Jayeeta April 24, 2013 at 3:49 am

Amazing palette! So pretty!!

• Reply rachie April 24, 2013 at 10:32 am

I just love this collection – there are some really pretty items like the raincloud tray and the Oh la la print! xx

• Reply tim@designmaze April 24, 2013 at 12:17 pm

fun collection! I also love the origami pendant and the raindrop vignette also caught my eyes: heading over to check out that tote bag right now 🙂

love your lesson on how pastels + geometric = perfect marriage of masculine & feminine … didn’t think of that but it’s so true!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 24, 2013 at 12:19 pm

@Tim – Pleased it was helpful! P.S. You could totally rock that tote!

• Reply Elba :: Live Colorful :: April 24, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I love the fun feeling

• Reply my scandinavian home April 24, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I love the geometric shapes in pastels, and the raindrop design – so cute! Hump day? Haven’t heard that before!! 🙂 Having a little give-away which I think Mr Bazaar would like….enjoy the sunshine!

• Reply JANE FRANKS April 24, 2013 at 5:10 pm

The hot water bottle is GORGEOUS!

• Reply jo April 24, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I really love that raindrop tote bag Will. Very appropriate as it’s just started drizzling here in Somerset. Also I really like the teapot with the glamorous legs handle. That would make a welcome addition to my collection and I would find a suitable tea, perhaps Lady Grey, to have in it.
    As for humpday, as a nurse it is usually humpnight we talk of,
    Jo x

• Reply chiCHI furniture April 26, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Great pics and i’m so glad you say ‘hump day too’ not everyone I know has heard of that expression!
    A beautiful collection in such pretty, calming colours, but I also love how they are contrasted against the black – it is striking. Particularly love the little hanging birds, tea cup, saucer and teapot. Pastel colours are so great in a home (be it accessories or furniture, or wall coverings), as you can have them on there own adding touches of delicate colour in a room, or like above matched with black to create striking features.

• Reply Je muur opvrolijken met washi tape - Meubeltrack blog February 24, 2017 at 7:21 am

[…] 1. instagram //  2. decoration bebes //  3. pinterest //  4. bright bazaar blog //  5. maikonago //  6. pinterest //  7. ohhhmhhh //  8. french by design //  9. pinterest // […]