BRIGHT.LIFE

DIY: A Quick & Useful Industrial Storage Update

IKEA-DIYIKEA-hack

Do you have plans for this weekend? Every now and then I like to take on a little DIY project (see more DIY ideas, here) over the weekend and this industrial storage with spray-painted numbers on the doors is just the kind of simple crafty update I like best – quick yet effective! Of course, you don’t have to use numbers, you could create the same look with typographical letter, perhaps the initial of each family member, or you could spell out a word. I’ve added instructions to the image above but my two top tips would be to take time to do the prep well because this DIY will only work if all the spray-painted numbers/letters are the same size and height. The second tip would be to fix newspaper around the edge of each stencil to make it easier to spray the stencil without getting paint elsewhere on the cabinet. Have you ever done a DIY like this? What crafty projects have inspired you lately?

// Photography by Patric Johansson via Livet Hemma

• Reply Jennifer March 1, 2013 at 2:21 am

love this idea!… i just need more space.. ha

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 1, 2013 at 7:35 am

@Jennifer – Ha! Totally know what you mean! I think it could also work for a bedside table or lamp table in a smaller apartment.

• Reply tim@designmaze March 1, 2013 at 4:47 am

good tip! I will be resting this weekend and try to wrap my head around getting my financial numbers together to get ready for around round of tax season … fun stuff!

my DIY projects usually are around artwork at home … I love this industrial project you tabled here … will we see a little spray/stencil love at your home too Mr?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 1, 2013 at 7:34 am

@Tim – For sure, I always have a few projects on the go! Rest up and hope you feel better soon!

• Reply sarah March 1, 2013 at 10:32 am

lovely! now i understand the Q!!

• Reply Lydia carter March 1, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Damn it Will, you post and tweet about everything I love, forcing me to keep retweeting you! Forgot to mention I went to your seminar at Interiors UK in Birmingham. It was excellent, for all levels of bloggers too!! Thanks for all the great stuff you enlighten us with. L x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 1, 2013 at 1:17 pm

@Lydia – Thank you for all the support and I’m so pleased you found the talk useful! Have a lovely weekend. x

• Reply susan March 1, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I love those lockers…no time for much DIY these days, but I’m not much of a DIY-er anyhow! I will be doing some for their birthday in July…

Bon weekend Will!

• Reply Ana March 3, 2013 at 12:19 pm

This would be great in an entry way!

• Reply Gem March 4, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I love this I need some more storage space, brilliant thanks for sharing!!!