BRIGHT.LIFE

Holiday Decorating In Mr. Bazaar’s Kitchen

Remember how I talked about this West Elm kitchen inspiring my holiday decorating last weekend? Well, I took heed of my inspirations and decided to bring some festive cheer into my own kitchen. I swapped out some of the non-holiday pieces (shared here last month) on my freestanding kitchen unit for some quintessential Christmas finds. I’ve not reinvented the holiday decorating wheel here, but simply stuck to the tried and tested classics for the season: think candy candy red and white stripes, playful polka dots and whimsical Scandi touches. For me Christmas is the time of year we can all embrace the kid within us, after all wasn’t it the most magical time of year when you were growing up? With this in mind I always try to include some charming youthful touches to my decorating, hence the lovely Pixie I bought in Copenhagen. (In fact, a friend I was travelling with joked that I had to buy it because I had worn nothing but an array of fairisle jumpers for the whole trip!) That said, I’ve still kept the look practical because this is a working space. With minimal foliage and no lights, I used everyday items from within the red palette and stripe or polka dot patterns to create a cohesive look. Meanwhile, leaving free space in the centre means I can still use the surface for food preparation. I’m smitten with how this corner of my kitchen has turned out! What do you think, friends?

// Styling & photography by Will Taylor

• Reply Summer Martin November 28, 2012 at 12:46 am

Love the festive look. And that pixie is adorable.

Summer

• Reply Julia November 28, 2012 at 1:26 am

love the stripes!

• Reply Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy November 28, 2012 at 3:08 am

Lovely Will! You are the best!

• Reply Libby November 28, 2012 at 5:30 am

Such a charming kitchen!You are so talented Will!!!

• Reply Sandy a la Mode November 28, 2012 at 6:07 am

can you come over and decorate my home for the holidays… and all the time! πŸ˜‰

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

• Reply Tim November 28, 2012 at 6:13 am

you are killing me!! so adorable and what a cheerful and charming vignette!! LOVE .. just LOVE!! of course your images are absolutely stunning as always … but since I truly have a soft spot for Christmas, your kitchen vignette is just that much more special to me.

xoxo

• Reply Meghan @ Wishful Thinking November 28, 2012 at 7:45 am

OOOh love this! It's the kind of set-up that would put a smile on my face every day. I love your idea of filling glass jars with cupcake cases (mine are currently buried in the recesses of my kitchen drawers), I'm also coveting your mug with the striped handle!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 28, 2012 at 11:33 pm

I was amazed how much cheer it brought to the room, as well as being a practical storage solution, too, because I can just keep them in the jar until next Christmas!

• Reply Hege November 28, 2012 at 8:03 am

Love the jar filled with cupcake cases idea. hx

• Reply Lost In Cheeseland November 28, 2012 at 8:08 am

Adorably festive but I expected nothing less from you sir Will!

• Reply We Heart Home November 28, 2012 at 8:43 am

Ahh, Im getting so incredibly excited for Xmas now! Love the pixie man.

Such a festive post – are those mini mince pies I spy? MMMMMM, I'm getting my mum to bring me mince pies to Berlin when she comes to visit.. there is no way I can cope until I go back!

Or do you have a good recipe?

Thanks for the christmas cheer Will,

Trisha

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 28, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Hi Trisha! They are mini vanilla sponge cupcakes but I love your idea for mini mince pies! πŸ™‚

• Reply stayinnotgoingout November 28, 2012 at 9:08 am

I think Red and white is my favourite colour combination, love the PIxie, especially the Fair Isle jumper!

• Reply Ferren November 28, 2012 at 10:18 am

gorgeous x

• Reply ach! November 28, 2012 at 10:20 am

Nice! and you have a polish enamel saucepan πŸ˜‰ ach!

• Reply LatteLisa LisaHjalt November 28, 2012 at 10:47 am

LOVE THIS!
    This make me happy.

• Reply Esther November 28, 2012 at 10:51 am

Lovely, Mr. Baazar ;-). Still need to get my christmas deco up, and I am having problems choosing the color (totally regretting my green living room wall now)…

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 28, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Oooo you could go for really opulent and indulgent purples and amethyst tones to accent your green walls!

• Reply Andreia November 28, 2012 at 10:53 am

Love the stripes too!

• Reply Lena @ minamoka November 28, 2012 at 11:40 am

Love that “le lait” print! I searched for it but couldnΒ΄t find it on the ryan gillett website – do you know of it is still available somewhere?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 28, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Hi Lena! It was a one off print that Ryan did from a screen print for me, so that might be way it wasn't on the site. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful on this one.

• Reply Yvonne Eijkenduijn November 28, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I want to move right in that corner, how super cosy!!! I love all the stuff you've gathered and displayed and that pixie … that jumper, too cute!!!

• Reply Julie-White Tapestry November 28, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Your Christmas posts always get me so excited to start decorating! Love the milk carton sketch. xo

• Reply Susan November 28, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Looks fabulous Will, so cheery & festive!

• Reply designchic November 28, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I just love red and white details at Christmas and the kitchen is a wonderful place to start…so fun!

• Reply Sara @ LiteraryLima November 28, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Awesome! Love the colour scheme and how you incorporated it into everyday items like that wee pot. The fairy's the best, though. πŸ™‚

• Reply Anya adores β˜† November 28, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Love it and I am in awe of your small dots that magically tells me where to buy.
    And that Pixie from Maileg is fab ins't it? I had no idea you'd been to Copenhagen, next time be sure to pop by for a coffee :))
    Axx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 28, 2012 at 11:37 pm

That would be so lovely! If I am lucky enough to visit again I we must meet, Anya!! x

• Reply Style Studio by Anna MΓ₯rd November 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Lovely christmas kitchen!! I really have to start doing a little bit of christmas at my home… I better start!! πŸ™‚ Thank you for the inspiration!

• Reply Clarissa Fidler November 28, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Absolutely LOVE it!

• Reply megan soh November 28, 2012 at 5:27 pm

oh man, oh man i love it! this looks fabulous, will! and how you did that hover-over image is great, too! how nifty.

• Reply Elizabeth @ Rosalilium November 28, 2012 at 5:31 pm

*swoon* this is such an inspiring little space. And I love that you have thinglinked it. So cool…

x

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair November 28, 2012 at 8:38 pm

It looks fab! Your styling skills are so good!! xx

• Reply Heather Maloney November 28, 2012 at 9:48 pm

It's quite possible that this is just the most gorgeous little corner of a kitchen I think I might have ever seen!
    Heather

• Reply Rosa @ Flutter Flutter November 29, 2012 at 12:48 am

I've started to decorate… half way there… but I haven't focused any attention on my kitchen yet. Now I'm inspired! πŸ™‚ Thanks!

• Reply Sandy Cash November 29, 2012 at 1:18 am

The little fair aisle pixie is fantastic. I am so in love with that brand [Maileg] it has the most divine little wooden dolls furniture and bunnies, christmas decorations etc. Love the Dr Suess-y mug with the red handle. Cat in the hat? Is that why it makes me think of him. Or that I just think of him a lot because he is a genius. Whatev. Your scroll over to shop piece is uber clever. And I love it all. Swoon. thanks for so much cheer!

• Reply Tommy November 29, 2012 at 2:11 am

Lovely! And nice touch with the hover-for-info layer.

• Reply Kayla Poole November 29, 2012 at 2:26 am

Holy shiz, your kitchen is Cute with a capital C!

• Reply The Shiny Pebble November 29, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Hi Will, this looks GREAT! I love your editing style ( I will be taking notes while here πŸ˜‰ ). Thanks for stopping by today. I miss hearing from my old friends. – Catherine

• Reply Mat November 30, 2012 at 9:35 am

such a sweet drawing of the milk bottles, ace!

• Reply Anya adores β˜† November 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Dear Will, Congratulations – absolutely lovely simple things, styling and photography.
    – well done and look forward to seeing and hearing loads more from you:)
    Happy weekend,
    Ax

• Reply Stacey December 4, 2012 at 3:12 am

I LOVE IT Will! It's inviting, whimsical, simple, fun, and undoubtedly exudes a very festive Christmas spirit. Well done! XX

• Reply Irma Navarro-Hankins January 2, 2013 at 3:00 am

So cute! And just fun to look at. πŸ™‚