Colour Cocktail: The Pumpkin Smash

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
As this year’s All Hallows’ Eve approaches, rumours are rife that there’s a new cocktail in town that’s set to tear up the town with its stylish sensibilities. Well, folks, it’s true and the colour cocktail takes inspiration from the seasonal gourds of the moment. The Pumpkin Smash mixes up a refined palette of slate grey and gunmetal, with an added shot of spicy tangerine and pumpkin accents. For those who prefer their schemes on the calmer side, I would opt for a one shot version. However, for those who like to go all out on Halloween and in their decorating, you’ll want to order the triple shot version of The Smash. The stronger cocktail is made by accenting the elegant and refined grey notes with a heady mix of pumpkin-hued pendants, accessories and textiles. One shot or triple shot, this cocktail hits the right note for the season by bringing a welcome warmth to the cooler days.
// Lifestyle photography by BH&G | Ferm Living

• Reply Tim October 18, 2012 at 2:18 am

funny I was never a big fan on Halloween but now I maybe convinced thanks to your sophisticated take on this “trick or treat” season. Love that rug!!

• Reply Tracey Ayton Photography October 18, 2012 at 2:19 am

i just photographed an interior with the warm hues that fall brings, she had gourds on her mantel, they looked so good there. I'm lovin' the colour cocktail !!!!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 18, 2012 at 8:55 am

Ohhh, Tracey, that sounds like a great home to shoot! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Jacqueline October 18, 2012 at 4:34 am

I love this color scheme! Gray with orange is unexpected but I love the look of it.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 18, 2012 at 8:56 am

I agree, Jacqueline! I like how you can switch up the feeling of the space by layering in more or less of the pumpkin accents.

• Reply Appunti di casa October 18, 2012 at 9:41 am

every time I read this column I want to use the cocktail of colors in my house … what can I do?? Great post dear Will!
    ciao!!!
    vale

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 18, 2012 at 11:03 am

Yay! So pleased you enjoy the Colour Cocktails. Cheers from London! 🙂

• Reply Hege Sletsjøe Morris October 18, 2012 at 9:45 am

Love the sofa and the print! hx

• Reply Gild and Grace October 18, 2012 at 10:07 am

Orange and grey are a particularly good match Will! Loving the couch and those gorgeous cushions 🙂

Abbey x

• Reply Debra finn October 18, 2012 at 10:12 am

Would love to have that sofa….

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair October 18, 2012 at 11:32 am

It actually looks very stylish! x

• Reply Beauty Follower October 18, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Wow, orange matches so well with grey!

• Reply house of earnest October 18, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Love your choices! and those pillows?!? striking!

• Reply Amy October 18, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I love those cushions! Orange and grey is such a great combination.

• Reply Vic Bibby October 18, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I like the sound of the pumpkin smash 🙂 I never used to like orange much, but after this year, with tangerine being the colour for 2012, I have become quite smitten. That light shade is divine, and love your sofa pick too. x

• Reply Swati Verma October 18, 2012 at 7:11 pm

It's such a happy color! I will paint my front door some day in that color! for now, I am sticking to pumpkin comforters, cushions and throws. And, oh I loved that bedside table.

• Reply Loi Thai, Tone on Tone October 18, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I love touches of orange to brighten up my Swedish grey interiors. Usually it's orange tulips, roses, etc. Loving the IBM clock….will check out your source ~ cheers, Loi

• Reply Loi Thai, Tone on Tone October 18, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Wow, they have a location in NYC. Gotta check out next time I visit.

• Reply Holly October 18, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Just my kind of colour cocktail 😉 Great curation Will!

• Reply staceysheppard October 18, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I don't normally gravitate towards orange, but when teamed with grey it has a whole new appeal!

• Reply vosges paris October 18, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I once was at London during Halloween The streets were full with dressed up people #fun Enjoy !

• Reply Birch + Bird October 19, 2012 at 3:51 am

Those neon orange pillows are fantastic! Loving the colour combo 🙂
    ~Lily

• Reply Carla Coulson October 19, 2012 at 6:19 am

Orange is such a statement colour love some of these little pops of colour!
    Have a fun filled Halloween Wil and a great weekend.
    Carla x

• Reply Elli October 19, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I like your post even if i don't like orange!!I love the pillows!

• Reply Caroline @trend-daily October 19, 2012 at 10:22 pm