91 Magazine: Mrs. Pastel Meet Mr. Neon!

I was so excited when the new issue of 91 Magazine launched yesterday because it included a shoot by one of my favourite interior stylists Charlotte Love or as I like to call her, The Queen of Pastels! I’ve featured Charlotte’s work on Bright.Bazaar before and it’s a pleasure to showcase her talents again her today. After all, we should be championing the great creatives of our day, right? This latest shoot once again shows how a combination of pastel and neon hues results in one seriously happy (and colourful!) marriage. Mr. Bazaar is thinking he’s going to have to introduce one of the wooden bead lights into his home as a result of this shoot. I also think the idea of sticking jam jar lids to the underside of a shelf and using them as storage pots for stationery is a great idea, don’t you agree? Plus, notice how a collection of pretty and graphic rolled up wrapping paper placed in a basket makes for a quick, simple and winning style statement. Not only does 91 Magazine give inspiration for this scheme, it also shows us how to execute it in practise with a tour of blogger Anna Weinreich’s Danish home. Anna, if you’re reading, I think your mix and match pastel chairs are the definition of happiness! Tell me folks, which elements from this look would you like to work into your own home?
// Styling by Charlotte Love (1-3); Photography by Jonathan Gooch (1-3); Anna Weinreich (4 & 5) for 91 Magazine

• Reply Claire September 12, 2012 at 12:28 am

It's all so bright and happy!! Especially love the bedroom (and the cute pompom edged cushions!) and that fun, colourful desk space… love!

• Reply Jessie September 12, 2012 at 1:59 am

Wow! I love these spaces, how bright and happy! I adore that yellow fan and that fabulous work space (especially that chair!). Very inspiring rooms, beautifully styled as well!

Great post, Will!

Jessie

• Reply Monica | Hola!design September 12, 2012 at 2:52 am

Wow! Charlotte is so talented! Great use of color.

• Reply pspontaneity.com September 12, 2012 at 3:37 am

i am in love with your blog and look forward to the cheery and bright posts every single day! neon + pastel = perfection

||| tara | planned spontaneity |||

• Reply Elements September 12, 2012 at 5:44 am

The little yellow legged stool as a bed side. That can come to my house if it needs a home.

• Reply Rachel {little bits of lovely} September 12, 2012 at 6:02 am

These colours work so well together + are so happy + cheerful! The first pic with the yellow + aqua fan is so lovely (I'd love to find one of these!) xx

• Reply Meghan @ Wishful Thinking September 12, 2012 at 7:03 am

Yay! Another brilliant mag to add to my weekend reading list. I've just had a quick skim through it and I love it! I have already bookmarked some fabulous ideas I spotted!

• Reply two hippos September 12, 2012 at 7:11 am

I love the aqua and yellow fan, perfect!

• Reply Preciously Me September 12, 2012 at 9:03 am

Wow! Love all these pastel and colorful pictures ♥
    We really need these beautiful colors specially now that fall is so close…!
    Thank you Will for bringing sunshine into my life once again!

• Reply Gild and Grace September 12, 2012 at 10:37 am

A match made in heaven Will! Love pastels and neon and this is one gorgeous photo shoot 🙂

Abbey x

• Reply homestilo September 12, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Totally agree- the styling is splendid. Now, off to check out the magazine (thanks for the intro as I hadn't heard of it before!)

• Reply Riell [project:Home] September 12, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Love them all, great!

• Reply Alison September 12, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I don't usually go for pastels as much but that first image is capturing! I love that fan and the grey with accent bedding set is beautiful.

• Reply Sarah @ Modern Country Style September 12, 2012 at 6:53 pm

wow! What a completely original post. I really like that pastel blue chair with RRRRRED legs!!! So cheerful!

Sarah

• Reply Elli September 12, 2012 at 7:49 pm

wow!!!what a post!!the photos are amazing!!awesome!Will please do a magazine!!we all need such a good interior writer!!!
    like like like!!!

• Reply Swati September 12, 2012 at 8:00 pm

this is like a crayola-happy post! Just right for the gorgeous weather we have been having lately………i love those bead lamps…waking up to them might just cure me of any morning blues I may have!

• Reply mikky September 12, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I`ve always loved that pastel pink glasscup from Ikea, I always resisted buying it and last time I went they didn`t have it anymore, so now I am kicking myself!
    Love the colours in this post. I really like the beaded pink cord light.
    This post makes me crave some candy!

🙂
    mikky

• Reply Sana September 12, 2012 at 9:02 pm

You know I'm all about the brights. What a great combo!

• Reply Jennifer Chong September 12, 2012 at 10:45 pm

oh love them all! – the colorful light fixture is the best!

• Reply lovers of mint September 13, 2012 at 7:25 am

J'adore Charlotte Love, moi aussi.
    Your blog is so nice, bravo !

• Reply Appunti di casa September 13, 2012 at 11:28 am

love at first sight! I fell in love …. I feel the urge to have a house like this …. ops now it is not so … My husband will kill me …. better think …… I'm a little 'crazy, I know….
    smack!
    vale

• Reply Lianna September 13, 2012 at 1:09 pm

ooo – I love that office space! What a nice creative way to get through your day!

• Reply Chelsea C. September 13, 2012 at 6:13 pm

This post is my new everything! I am obsessed!

• Reply Susan September 14, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Clearly I need to check it out!

• Reply Birch + Bird September 17, 2012 at 5:31 am

What a fun/happy colour combo! So unexpected and bright! Not sure if I could live with it but definitely love seeing it here, gorgeous 🙂

• Reply Elisa April 7, 2015 at 9:39 am

Love all these pops of color! Especially the office corner.