I’d Like To Be…

Ever since I was a kid I’ve been fascinated with the red buses in London. Perhaps it was the fun of being able to ‘hop on, hop off’ from either the front or back of the bus as it pulled into a stop. Or it could of been the excitement of travelling to see a new part of the capital city. Either way, I couldn’t not choose the red bus driver print from I’d Like To Be, especially as the driver seems to love bow ties as much as Mr. Bazaar! This creative series of prints is designed by Jamie Nash, a London-based designer who hand silkscreens every print. So, tell me, which print is for you, friends?
// Photography & animation by Will Taylor

• Reply jeni May 9, 2012 at 1:00 am

the golden chef!

• Reply Natasha @ Northern Light Blog May 9, 2012 at 2:28 am

How FUN ๐Ÿ™‚ I pick A Champion Driver!!!! My dad was a race car driver in his younger days, he taught me to drive, LOVE driving, but my husband hates (!!) driving with me…. wonder why, LOL!

• Reply Designwali May 9, 2012 at 2:48 am

ooh tough one. Either a prima ballerina or a space robot! my uncle was actually a red bus driver in London!

• Reply Libby May 9, 2012 at 5:54 am

How cute! I love how the darling ballerina preens.But I'd like to be the cook.

• Reply Hannah May 9, 2012 at 6:23 am

Bus for me too! I always love to see a red bus as soon as I arrive in London. I love red too!

• Reply Wibke May 9, 2012 at 6:44 am

Aaawwww, all prints are so cute! The cooking mummy for me please. And I really like the red bus! The original old ones. I'm not a fan of the new London buses…
    Liebst,
    Wibke

• Reply cafenoHut May 9, 2012 at 7:58 am

I would like to be a creative cook. I found myself in the kitchen very late but I'm so happy in there.

• Reply samantha ThisHomeSweetHome May 9, 2012 at 9:13 am

what a fun little post! I'd be each of them for a day….

• Reply Cristina | Positively Beauty May 9, 2012 at 10:32 am

Why, a prima ballerina of course ๐Ÿ™‚ Cute prints!

• Reply C.B. May 9, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Oh the red bus driver is sooo cute! I've never had the chance to go through the streets of London (I've never made it out of Heathrow airport) but when I do get the chance, I can't wait to get on one of the double deckers. I've always loved buses in general as a child. I used to call school buses “polar” buses (because in French it's “autobus scolaire” so I changed it to “autobus polaire”). And then when my mom and I moved to a new city I got to take the buses with toilets on board and finaly when I got to my current city, I discovered they had “acordeon” buses….my mind was blown away!

• Reply Susan May 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Very cool Will! I have to go with…prima ballerina, although a red bus driver sounds pretty darn awesome too!

• Reply Julie-White Tapestry May 9, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Hand silk screening is a really creative and long process! I like the sheriff the most. Hope you're great and one of these days I'll make it to England!

• Reply Mat May 9, 2012 at 5:46 pm

i enjoy the bus print loads!

• Reply Ice Beautiful May 9, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I could not choose between a creative cook and a champion driver :)Great interior detail and a necessary reminder not to forget who we wanted to be . . . Lovely post! It made my day ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Igor Josifovic May 9, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I'd like to be a space robot:-)) Wall-E!!!!

• Reply LatteLisa LisaHjalt May 9, 2012 at 7:00 pm

The bus driver is fabulous!
    I wanted to be a teacher when I was little and since that is not available I'll be the creative cook ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply Rachel from Birch + Bird May 9, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I've always loved a long drive, so I'd have to go with either bus driver or champion driver. Maybe both depending on the day. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Tim May 9, 2012 at 8:11 pm

OMG .. .that's so adorable! I will now have to go find one for myself! Maybe one for my kitchen, now that I'm almost done with the gold accent update!

• Reply christine May 9, 2012 at 8:13 pm

So bright and happy as always your posts!

I think I'd want to be a space robot too. Wall-E has always had a special place in my heart.

• Reply Eleni May 9, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Beautiful animation Will! I'd love to be a prima ballerina if you asked ^_^

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair May 9, 2012 at 8:55 pm

These are stunning! Love the prima ballerina one – so lovely in a little girls room! x

• Reply Rachel {little bits of lovely} May 10, 2012 at 3:38 am

I love these Will! I do love the chef + the bus version, but they are all so adorable! xx

• Reply iheartsunnydays May 10, 2012 at 12:13 pm