Colour Block Inspiration: Red, Yellow & Blue

I loved this recent shopping story in Livingetc where the team grouped together some of the latest homeware buys by their colour. Want to know a not-so-secret secret? ‘Warm Yellow’ has to be my favourite! Well, given I own a number of the items in the shoot, including the limited edition yellow Billy bookcase (which I snapped up after writing about here) and the dipped yellow terracotta pot seen upon it, it couldn’t really not come in at my number one spot. That said, Inky Blue and Hot Scarlet are also fighting for Mr. Bazaar’s affections. The Oka rugs in the former are striking statement pieces that wouldn’t need to fight their way into my home, and the ‘J’ print from Liberty is flirting with my typographical side. As for the little red stool, well that’s also super cute! Which look is for you, friends – Warm Yellow, Inky Blue or Hot Scarlet?
// Livingetc, May 2012 | Photography by Chris Everard & Simon Bevan | Styling by Milly Goodwin; assisted by Holly Sneezum & Eloise James

• Reply Igor Josifovic May 14, 2012 at 11:39 pm

one of my favorite colour combos is blue and yellow. I love the combination of blue freshness and coolness with the vibrant, warm yellow.

• Reply Jaclyn May 15, 2012 at 12:51 am

This gives me so much inspiration for my place. Yellow is such a happy color, but I'm anxious to try decorating with a few other colors like red and blue. I've never added much of it to my home.

Stay in the Lines

• Reply Helene @ Homebound May 15, 2012 at 6:48 am

mine would be hot scarlet since i love the locker and the rug!

• Reply elisa May 15, 2012 at 8:30 am

i love the scarlet, though i probably wouldn't want to live with much of it – that locker is gorgeous though. reminds me of the white one chez larsson painted up, such a great piece.

• Reply Rebecca May 15, 2012 at 9:28 am

I think the yellow has to be my favourite too, especially with all the grey skies and rain around here!x

• Reply Rachel {little bits of lovely} May 15, 2012 at 11:21 am

These are such warm + lovely shades. I would say a toss up between the blue + yellow. I just love the yellow steel chair + those blue velvet curtains look incredible! xx

• Reply Cristina May 15, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Yellow like the sun! πŸ™‚ so bright, happy and energetic!

• Reply mikky May 15, 2012 at 5:46 pm

The yellow setup just screams happiness. I especially like the yellow cups. This shade of yellow is just perfect. That fun cat art in the blue room is great too.

πŸ™‚
    mikky

• Reply Shelly@ConfettiStyle May 15, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Red is my favorite color and makes me happy in any application. Red rooms are full of engery and vibrancy and Red is one of my favorite colors with decorate with.

• Reply louly May 15, 2012 at 6:15 pm

In the first picture, the chair on the right and the bowls on the table, are the first yellow I would consider decorating with, it's more like creamy butter. You wouldn't know where they come from? I'm crazy about the chair. I have a salvaged wood dinner table made by a friend, I can really see it with the yellow chair πŸ™‚ Funny too, all I think about these days is blue everything.

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair May 15, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Hmm think I am the blue but I also love that red rug ! X

• Reply Tim May 15, 2012 at 10:38 pm

tough call!! i love them all. .. the blue floor covering and the dynamite red floor lamp. But yellow still has me at hello!

• Reply The Magical Christmas Wreath Company May 16, 2012 at 7:34 am

I'm dithering between yellow and blue. OK yellow, no Blue….

• Reply Ice Beautiful May 16, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Every pick itself is perfect so it is difficult to choose between them. Yellow dining allows you to enjoy the foot at it's best; blue living room is a good place to relax; red dressing area helps when morning is not your favorite time . . . Blue is my choice most often but this time I felt for yellow!