Home Tour: Beth Arrowood’s Miami Brights

Beth Arrowood is the founder of Miami-based NIBA rugs and her home is tropical treat of colourful decorating. Shall we take a look around? Come on in – the waters lovely! With walls painted in Caribbean Blue Water by Benjamin Moore you can’t help but feel like you have been whisked away on an exotic holiday when you see inside Beth’s home. Given her rug business it’s no surprise that Beth advises one to start with the rug and work up from there when decorating a space, but her space is testament to it being sound advice. I love how each room has it’s own unique feel yet the house as a whole flows with visual ease. This is helped by the core palette of turquoise hues that run throughout, both inside and out. Beth has added occasional yellow or green accents that break up the bold blue base tones. Great job! Anyone for a trip to Miami?!
// Photography by Mark Roskams

• Reply Elizabeth Prince Ceramics April 23, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Loving the post Will! My fave here is the patterned carpet in the child's room I think – fabulous!

• Reply Michelle April 24, 2012 at 1:08 am

What a cheery home, I like how the blue and greens flow from outside to in

• Reply Miss Rubio April 24, 2012 at 2:05 am

I am obsessed with the sofa with neon yellow pillows…that entire room is gorgeous!!!! Amazing home. xoxo

• Reply Elizabeth April 24, 2012 at 3:33 am

I can't get enough of those pictures! What a great color palette. As usual, wonderful pictures.

Cheers, Elizabeth

• Reply Katherine April 24, 2012 at 3:55 am

That is a lot of colour for such a small house – but it works. It works big time. Simply add a little Mad Men fashion and you're set.

• Reply Eleni April 24, 2012 at 7:19 am

Totally summer hues! I'm not sure I'd opt for something that colorful but I definitely is good looking at the photos and getting some inspiration (like the teal velvet couch with the neon yellow pillows- amazing!)

• Reply Carla April 24, 2012 at 7:23 am

Bright and summery all year round in Beth's house… stunning she has some great pieces, but I love the 2 peacock blue velvet sofa's! Fabulous
    Carla x

• Reply Alicia B. Designs April 24, 2012 at 11:10 am

This is Miami perfection! I love the fabric on the 2 chairs in the Living Room–wonder where it's from?

xo
    Alicia B.

• Reply LatteLisa LisaHjalt April 24, 2012 at 11:49 am

The house itself appeals to me. I love the sofa with the yellow cushions and the painting behind it. Well, I love many items in that house and I'm swooning over the rug in the same photo, but this is not how I would decorate my home, it's very far from my personal style. One more thing, I love their collection of vases, I want them all!

• Reply Julie-White Tapestry April 24, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Miami is definitely a wonderfully bright place. The buildings, the water…ahhh. I cold use a beach day! I love the mixture of the blue and yellow, with a dash of pink.

• Reply Helena - A Diary of Lovely April 24, 2012 at 12:49 pm

swoon! Im dreaming of a velvet sofa for my “when I grow up home” 🙂

• Reply Divina Chita Brasil April 24, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Hi ! I love the velvet blue sofa!!!!
    Cimara

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair April 24, 2012 at 1:53 pm

OMG I love this!! The green against the wood is such a great combination and the floor in that blue bedroom is insanely gorgeous!
    Great find!
    Rachie xo

• Reply C.B. April 24, 2012 at 2:48 pm

This is the kind of house where gloom can never be seen. It makes me happy just to look at it.

• Reply Marina April 24, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I liked very much the room with the blue sofa) a lot of light and greenary) it's awesome)

• Reply How2home April 24, 2012 at 6:34 pm

LOVE the blue sofa! Its so adorable. Great post.

• Reply Rachel from Birch + Bird April 24, 2012 at 7:28 pm

That is a whole lot of HAPPY! I absolutely love it but couldn't live it full time, maybe for my beach house. 😉

• Reply Andi of My Beautiful Adventures April 24, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Me me me, I looooove MIA!!!

• Reply Janet Dorey April 24, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Will, Always heard and never agreed with the adage that “Blue & green should never be seen” This proves that they should be seen! I love it. And I just wanna plunge into that pool.

• Reply Rachel {little bits of lovely} April 25, 2012 at 1:09 am

Such a bright + happy home – I love all of the blues and greens mixed together to create such a relaxed / holiday mode vibe. I also love that blue sofa! Thank you Will for your lovely comments 🙂 xx

• Reply Birch + Bird April 25, 2012 at 6:02 am

What a fun house! I love the layers of colour and texture and those ceilings are amazing! ~Lily

• Reply Tim April 25, 2012 at 12:29 pm

love the green!! that's perfect for miami isn't it? I also heart the pineapple lamp and saw one 50% once. Chris thought I was crazy and pulled me out of the store. Now I can show him my vision via these images!

• Reply Julie Khuu April 25, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Such a stunning space! Vibrant and colorful, rich in detail and thought…DYING over that turq sofa and neon pillows…all my FAVE spring trends in one room…this is too too GOOD!

I’m hosting 5 days of GIVEAWAYS with 5 chances to WIN in honor of my blog’s 2year anniversary! Would love for you to stop by and check it out!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

• Reply Хуторская Юлия April 26, 2012 at 5:51 am

So bright place!!! Wonderful home/

• Reply Pinecone Camp April 26, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Beautiful colours! Love that blue velvet settee. Looks comfy too!

• Reply Interior Prince April 27, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Love this Will, that Sofa is on my wishlist!!

• Reply Jessie April 28, 2012 at 7:29 am

Fabulous home! Love the bright colors especially the green geometric curtain and the blue and white geometric rug. Adore the green grasscloth wallpaper as well.

Jessie

• Reply becca January 4, 2015 at 4:39 am

i just came across this blog post and HAVE to know where those neon yellow pillows are from… did the original post mention who made them? xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 4, 2015 at 3:34 pm

@Becca – I’m not sure, sorry! They are amazing, though. Try Etsy for similar, maybe? x

• Reply 15 ENGAGING INTERIORS WITH A DASH OF NEON- Here & There!! October 3, 2016 at 2:44 pm

[…] ► […]