Sneak Peek: Holiday with Matthew Mead

I’ve expressed before how much I love reading the special Holiday issues published by magazine brands, so I was delighted when the folks over at Holiday with Matthew Mead offered to share a peek inside their 2011 Holiday issue. Packed full of craft ideas and cookie recipes from foodie bloggers, the magazine also provides inspiration for a variety of Christmas decorating schemes. With colour palettes from pinks and whites through to traditional red and green, I was impressed at the breadth of the styles and taste points covered in the issue’s 144 pages. (Pssst! You can see even more from the magazine this video preview!) I really like the all-white space that has used paper stars and layered textiles to add interest but the moss wreath-cum-candle surround was my top tear from the issue. What’s inspiring you from this peek inside Holiday with Matthew Mead?

• Reply Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne November 25, 2011 at 12:06 am

Love that white xmas tree with the fans and colorful ornaments!! Going on my pinterest board, right now! πŸ™‚

• Reply Amy November 25, 2011 at 1:16 am

I like using the white textures instead of red+green too. Also the oriental influenced christmas tree looks like a good match for our Summer Christmases down under πŸ™‚ SO EXCITED

• Reply JAMIE SAYS DREAM November 25, 2011 at 4:01 am

I have the same favourites as you actually πŸ™‚

• Reply Anna@MyDesignEthos November 25, 2011 at 5:02 am

Oh, I like that pink and red tree. very layered and a great colour scheme! The fans on the other tree are rather gorgeous too.

• Reply Heather Joy November 25, 2011 at 5:16 am

Love the red tree with the great ornament and gift wrapping ideas!

• Reply Hannah November 25, 2011 at 6:49 am

The white tree is like going back in time to my parents house in the 70's! Such a vintage style about it.

I still LOVE red as a Christmas colour! Everything looks so festive.

• Reply littletree... November 25, 2011 at 9:29 am

Ooh I love the apple wreath, so different and fresh! And the tree thats all red and white is just stunning…im loving red and white with a splash of aqua for this years xmas palette!x

• Reply Gild and Grace November 25, 2011 at 9:42 am

Lovely Will! I really like the last shot of the mantle. Have a fabulous weekend πŸ™‚

Abbey x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 25, 2011 at 9:55 am

@Jeanne, Anna – Likin' your style! πŸ˜‰ xx

@Amy – Your Christmas decor plans sound fab!

@Jamie – Yay!

@Heather – The presents are beautifully wrapped under the traditional red and green tree, aren't they!

@Hannah – Isn't it SO 70s! Kinda fabulous!

@littletree – Love the sound of your aqua accented decor scheme!

@Abbey – I love the pine cones that have been worked into the mantle. Have a good weekend, too! x

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair November 25, 2011 at 10:05 am

Love the all white christmas scheme too! Those stars and the candle sticks are lovely. Like that apple wreath too!

Rachie xo

• Reply Rachel {Little Bits of Lovely} November 25, 2011 at 10:31 am

How lovely, so many gorgeous ideas to inspire! Those white on white rooms are my favourites xx

• Reply MITICA ILLUSTRATIONS November 25, 2011 at 11:05 am

Cool blog, follow you! I will come back for sure πŸ™‚

• Reply Igor Josifovic November 25, 2011 at 11:12 am

Love the last pic – green is such a calming colour. Great!

• Reply elisa November 25, 2011 at 11:26 am

ooh, the candle basket is a brilliant idea, we've been rolling and dipping our own beeswax and i'd be wondering where to put them. sweet to be able to see them.
    we're planning all sort of white paper crafts to decorate for winter. i love them because they are very wintry and less christmassy, so i'm happy to live with them through december and january. x!

• Reply Hoola Tallulah November 25, 2011 at 11:52 am

One day I will have perfectly co-ordinated christmas decorations, one day… πŸ™‚
    My favourite is the white with shots of bright colours and pink roses, so pretty!

• Reply Appunti di casa November 25, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I love white xmas, it's just a mania… but this year I'll choose white and blue, like the beautiful inspirations by Paul Lowe, seen here in your blog! Thanks Will

vale

• Reply Shannon November 25, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I love the idea of white decor … I think it's the whole white Christmas notion. Just beautiful.

• Reply White Tapestry November 25, 2011 at 6:33 pm

So funny because this morning as I was driving to work, I was noticing some moss growing on some trees near a lake and I thought, “Hmmm…I want to do something with moss.” You must have read my mind;it looks great with those candles;)

• Reply Hilla Hryniszyn November 25, 2011 at 6:34 pm

gosh wouldnt know what to pick πŸ™‚
    inveiglefair.blogspot.com

• Reply christine November 25, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Hi,

I love your blog and just wanted pass along a master list of 20+ Black Friday Sales for fashion I created at my blog: http://www.breathe-design.com/

Thought it would be lovely to share it with you and your readers! It surely won’t disappoint!

Happy holidays and shopping!

xo
    Christine

• Reply Jessie November 25, 2011 at 8:45 pm

So many Christmas decorating ideas! Love each of them especially the first picture!

Jessie

• Reply Beth November 27, 2011 at 1:06 pm

My faves are the little paper fans. I think I'm going to try making some of those!

• Reply Lana {lanalou style} November 27, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Just love the moss wreath around the candles, so simple but so lovely! Hope you had a fantastic weekend Will!:)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 29, 2011 at 10:39 am

@Lana – I agree, the moss wreath is just beautiful!

• Reply Be Inspired November 30, 2011 at 5:45 am

I love it all! Your blog is full of fabulous inspiration! New follower…