Martha Stewart Living, Oct 2011

MSL | 1. Con Poulos | 2. Scedric Angeles | 3. Annie Schlechter | 4. Burcu Avsar | 5. Yunhee Kim | 6. Cedric Angeles | 7. Johnny Miller | 8. Anson Smart | 9. & 10. | Dana Gallagher
It’s been a while since I’ve shared my favourite tear sheets with you but I loved the October issue of Martha Stewart Living so much you couldn’t have gotten me to the blog any faster! Let’s get down to business, shall we? First up I found myself inspired by the burnt orange flower arrangements – perfect for autumn. Next up was the children’s bedroom, where the stylist used spot on accessories to style up the room (not to mention that super sweet wallpaper). Then I soon found myself dreaming of days when I might have a house to take a hallway as lovely as the one shown in the Good Things feature! As well as the rustic-meets-opulent place setting, I also felt inspired to try out the sage popcorn recipe and the DIY bats for Halloween. Finally, I really liked their story on decorating with check patterns – the DIY screen particularly caught my eye. So, tell me whatΒ your faves were folks?

• Reply Tommy October 11, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Whoa up. That jumbo crayon gives me thoughts of episodes of Full House. Fun times!

• Reply Rachel {Little Bits of Lovely} October 12, 2011 at 3:00 am

Love all of the Halloween ideas and gorgeous table scapes, all so inspiring! Xx

• Reply jon October 12, 2011 at 4:23 am

i love the cover shot- making me so hungry!

• Reply Allison Egan October 12, 2011 at 7:15 am

That last image with the gingham is so lovely! I adore that upholstered screen!

xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank

• Reply Lorna October 12, 2011 at 7:46 am

I'm really liking all the orange and red floral and apple displays esp that wreath.

• Reply insideology.com October 12, 2011 at 8:40 am

Wow I love the second lot, orange and taupe is probably my favourite ever combination!

• Reply {this is glamorous} October 12, 2011 at 8:43 am

hello will! if the time hadn't been such a whirlwind, would have most definitely called on you for tea — would have been lovely! but of course, there's always next time x

• Reply Carissa @ Mean Maharani October 12, 2011 at 11:44 am

It wouldn't be fall without Martha would it?! I have to admit, looking at her magazine makes me want to get crafty and try new things out. lol Oh and the brass looking flatware…. LOVEEEEEEE!

• Reply Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} October 12, 2011 at 2:21 pm

She makes everything look so effortless!!!! Always great inspiration…from Martha and BB!!

xo. C

• Reply happysnapshots October 12, 2011 at 2:46 pm

my favorite time of the year is autumn (oh, and the winter holidays!), and martha does it so well. i just can't pick a favorite — i love all of them!

• Reply DESIGNmyheartout October 12, 2011 at 2:54 pm

That wallpaper in the kid's room is adorable and hellllo gingham!! xo morgan!

• Reply Britt @ Dreamy Spaces October 12, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Martha Stewart — so good with seasonal / holiday decor. All super cute. Love the colors. Makes fall look so cozy and fun! Great way to celebrate the seasons is by makign your space look cute like these!

• Reply courtneyoutloud October 12, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I adore the table setting — the use of bark as a placemat is perfection. I think I may have found my inspiration for Thanksgiving…..

• Reply Annette October 12, 2011 at 7:13 pm

yeah read that on the plane coming back from a shoot, it was a good one, they have not been so hot lately.

• Reply Jessie October 12, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Love the gorgeous place setting and the fabulous entry! Beautiful inspirations as usual!

Jessie

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair October 12, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Thanks so much for posting this – we are having a kiddies halloween/firework party at our house so im looking for easy recipes!!

Love that apple wreath – wonder if i can pick up enough apples in the garden to make it!!

Rachie xo

• Reply Helena - A Diary of Lovely October 12, 2011 at 10:23 pm

i love the halloween bit even though I m not much of a fan of the festivity as per se, beautiful ideas!

• Reply nutmeg December 16, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Any idea where that wallpaper comes from in the kids' bedroom. I have been searching high and low to find out. Am wanting to use that, or something similar, in a room at my house…

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2011 at 1:51 pm

@Nutmeg – I'm not sure, sorry. I can see why you like it though – it so fun!