Livingetc, August 2011: Best Issue of 2011!

The August issue of Livingetc is my favourite issue out of all of 2011’s offerings to date. It quickly won my affections with it’s mix of summer homes, hot hues and bold patterns. My favourite features included the ‘Decorating with Stripes’ and the ’40 Fabulous Rooms’ stories, but it was the home tours that shone through. Inside this issue you will find an exclusive tour of Bobbi Brown’s coastal home, who launched a worldwide make up brand in her name. Her home is a lesson in how to make a nautical palette of blue and white work without looking cliched. There’s also a bright and airy north London home that features bold primary colours, but Sibella Court’s new Sydney home is the standout space – her creativity is hugely inspiring. What do you like about this issue?

• Reply amanda jane July 6, 2011 at 11:10 pm

this looks fantastic… beautiful beautiful collection.

• Reply Jenna July 7, 2011 at 3:26 am

Love love love all of this but I have to say that the black and white stripe couch won me over BIG time…I was struck by the amazing mix of patterns throughout as well…great feature Will!
    XO~J

• Reply Jessie July 7, 2011 at 3:36 am

Love the striped wall in image #3 and the red striped rug in image #2. Great collection of striped decor, Will!

Jessie

• Reply Samantha July 7, 2011 at 9:56 am

Love Sibella Court's style, I have her book ETC, though I don't think I could live like that its a bit messy.

• Reply designchic July 7, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Loving all of the stripes…looks wonderful!!

• Reply Michael - Innkeeper July 7, 2011 at 6:22 pm

this magazine looks amazing!! i wish it was cheaper to purchase/subscribe to in the states.

• Reply Elizabeth @rosalilium July 7, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I tend to be more of a stripes of clothes kind of girl, but some of this is nicely done.

I think the rooms with high ceilings will always do it for me!

• Reply Helena - A Diary of Lovely July 7, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I can see why you like it Will! so many beautiful colors!

• Reply Caitlin July 8, 2011 at 3:23 am

This looks like a fabulous issue! I'm definitely going to have to pick it up soon.

• Reply Allison Egan July 8, 2011 at 5:48 am

looks like a fantastic issue! I love the sneak peak you have shown on decorating with stripes!! I am always a sucker for anything striped!
    xo Allison

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 8, 2011 at 9:24 am

Thanks for stopping by and telling me your faves from the issue, folks! I'm lovin' the stripes, too!

• Reply sammy and glenn: pachadesign July 8, 2011 at 11:25 am

the page that features our kitchen table new rustic is our favourite! we just blogged about it.
    but we love the piece about sibella court's place too.

• Reply Qing Art July 8, 2011 at 11:26 am

Our Cushions and Gold Ceramic Stool are there! Thank you for choosing those pages, it is really great to get recognised, loads more gorgeous stuff on the website too!

Anne-Marie at Qing Art