Magazine Sneak Peek – Livingetc, May 2011

Susanne Imre is back at the helm of Livingetc after returning from maternity leave, and I love how she references brights in her first editor’s letter back! In fact, much of the May issue centers around bright, summary hues. First up – my favourite story from the issue – Gelato Colours, which reinvents pieces with ice cream shades. As well as the preppy brights, there’s also great inspiration for darker, more masculine colour schemes – just check out that black feature wall in the living room, and how seductive is the black space teamed with the dramatic vertical garden – I love it! With product round ups for fruit bowls and coffee tables, and great ideas for your walls and bathrooms there’s something to inspire for all. They even managed to squeeze in some cracking recipes from Donna Hay – with knockout food styling to boot. Bravo, guys! P.S. Be sure to check out their limited edition plate auction in aid of Shelter, as there are exclusive designs from the likes of Jonathan Adler, Lee Broom, Donna Wilson and many more.

• Reply Apt. #34 April 4, 2011 at 11:41 pm

just picked up last month's issue over the weekend – swooning over the bright pinks on the over!

• Reply Rachel @ Little Bits of Lovely April 5, 2011 at 12:14 am

Loving those gorgeous gelato colours! I hope they bring out an iPad app soon so I can download the latest issue straight away! xo

• Reply Pinecone Camp April 5, 2011 at 1:27 am

Pretty fabulous colours going on here. Looks like another perfect issue of Living Etc!

• Reply Quincy April 5, 2011 at 2:02 am

This is my favorite magazine!
    For Rachel – I just discovered the zinio app. For $32 you can subscribe to Living etc for the year. Much better than the $150+ paper subscrip if you're in the US. And with every bookstore closing near my home and office, I can't even buy single copies anymore : (

• Reply Eva / Sycamore Street Press April 5, 2011 at 5:22 am

Will, I love that you not only post your favorite pics from each magazine you feature, but that you talk about the behind the scenes of the mag, overarching themes, etc… So juicy and interesting to us interior design groupies.

• Reply Belly B April 5, 2011 at 5:38 am

Pink couch!!! Pink couch pink couch pink couch! <3<3

Belly B

• Reply Emily April 5, 2011 at 6:27 am

new follower! absolutely love your blog! Thanks for showing off this magazine!
    xoxo em

• Reply This Home Sweet Home April 5, 2011 at 10:21 am

ohhh LOVE! on my way to get me a copy
    right now!

• Reply JustineRZ April 5, 2011 at 10:44 am

Pretty beautiful selection !

• Reply The Zhush April 5, 2011 at 11:33 am

This just looks amazing! I need to get my hands on a copy!

• Reply Helena - A Diary of Lovely April 5, 2011 at 1:16 pm

how cool is that gathered sofa? love many of these, very colorful and happy

• Reply Marianne Junqueira April 5, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Love the post!! Especially the living room with the pink couch!

xx

atelierinbox.com.br

• Reply Kris10 April 5, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Ahh! I love Living Etc.. I was just about to say I need to bite the bullet and subscribe already (I miss so many good months otherwise)…Thanks Quincy for the zino tip! Definitely more affordable! Love your bright colorful blogging Will! Cheers!

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair April 5, 2011 at 5:07 pm

This looks like such a good issue!! Cant wait to read it and also loving those gelato colours! xo

• Reply jon April 5, 2011 at 5:38 pm

now i'm hungry for fish tacos! looking forward to diving into the issue!

• Reply LiveLikeYou April 5, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Love getting these magazine reviews because I never get around to reading them. And you add the best of the best.

• Reply Julie April 5, 2011 at 10:33 pm

So fabulous…I love that bathroom cabinet! Amazing colors all around!

• Reply Charlotta Ward April 6, 2011 at 3:01 am

Hey darl!
    It was great to hear from you yesterday. I was wondering how you were. xx

Loving the sound of 'gelato colours' – such a wonderful and vivid way to describing them.
    Am crazy about the picture with the pink sofa and that amazing photo of what looks like (but perhaps isn't) the 'Bondi Icebergs'.

Have a great rest of the week and do remember to take a break now and then from unpacking..!

xx Charlotta

• Reply henzy April 6, 2011 at 7:23 pm

so much to love.. like the clothes pin rack.. and the stools and my favorite the small geometric round table.. love it!

• Reply Mackenzie {Design Darling} April 6, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I swear that pink sectional was made for me! No fair that this super fun magazine is all the way in the UK… Living vicariously through your gorgey post!

• Reply Mat April 7, 2011 at 9:42 am

thanks for stopping by and entering the comp. i can certainly see why you do like the socks yeah.

glad i found your blog actually, i'm really into interiors and design so it's a win win