Livingetc, March 2011

I spent Saturday morning sat in my favourite stripy chair by our balcony windows, leafing through the March issue of Livingetc whilst gallantly working my way through a pot of Nutella.Β Despite knowing the temperature was barely above freezing, the sunshine and clear skies outside the window reminded that spring is on the horizon – as did the magazine in my hands. A quirky British style takes over in the Brooklyn brownstone that features as House of the Month (2, 3) and the Totally Tudor feature (4, 5) had my heart skipping at a zillion beats a minute – isn’t that bedroom divine? My affections were soon to be shared as I fell upon the industrial dining space inside Karine and Rodolphe’s late 19th century Marseille-based home. Two knockout kitchens detailing preppy blues and greens round off my top picks from this subtly spring-like issue. Which tears do you like?

• Reply christine, just bella February 1, 2011 at 12:04 am

That gallery wall is awesome, love the map.

• Reply Sarah- The Style Encyclopaedia February 1, 2011 at 12:04 am

Love the white mantle and navy blue seagrass wallpaper. Absolutely beautiful!

Love the blog.

Sarah x

• Reply jon February 1, 2011 at 12:12 am

that kitchen with the blue cabinets and white under cabinets! yes please!

• Reply VictoriaArt February 1, 2011 at 12:59 am

There is nothing I do not like, but the first six are really me in their own ways!
    I am not in love with the last image!

xoxo Victoria

• Reply Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne February 1, 2011 at 1:32 am

I love the quirkiness of this house, especially the dining room wall – with the map! love the paper whites flowers on that dining table.. i just happened to pick up some yesterday too and they look so pretty and smell sooo good right now!

xo, Jeanne

• Reply Marjorie Rose February 1, 2011 at 2:07 am

I love the first and second tears… the first one for the Ralph Lauren Adirondack blue wall paint color and both of them for their seemingly-effortless arrangement of photographs, art and knick knacks.

Beautifully done! Such pictures along with a pot of nutella would make my cold day warm too πŸ™‚

• Reply Lisa Maria February 1, 2011 at 3:51 am

I really love the gallery map – I'll definitely be following the advice to “get the look.”

• Reply Justina Blakeney February 1, 2011 at 4:55 am

I am feeling that crazt green floor! Save some Nutella for me Will!

• Reply EleCat February 1, 2011 at 6:29 am

Nutella! lol! I scoop it onto a teaspoon and eat it like a lollypop. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm…. Love the kitchen with the blue cupboards! Makes my kitchen look veeeerrrry boring. πŸ™‚

• Reply Chiara February 1, 2011 at 7:20 am

Gosh these pages are amazing! I am digging that faux fireplace/mantle. I dig those kitchen cabinets too —- love the brightness *sigh* …Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Anna White February 1, 2011 at 7:58 am

If you didnt have me at Living Etc..you had me at Nutella! Images are divine…as is the chocolaty nutty taste of my favourite spread…but I must admit I havent had it in the morning..something new to try. Thanks for the scoop Will x

• Reply Lili February 1, 2011 at 8:23 am

i LOVE those blue cabinets in that kitchen :))

• Reply Urbanstems February 1, 2011 at 9:52 am

Will thanks for the sneak peak. I am really looking forward to reading my copy of LIVING etc now with a cuppa. I love your review as I know immediately if its gonna be a cracker of an issue! Sinead

• Reply lisaroyhandbags February 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm

looks like a fun issue! love the old map on the gallery wall and those chairs, the industrial feel of the cabinets in the kitchen diner and the huge pendant. looks like I'll be picking up this issue! πŸ™‚

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair February 1, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Looks like a great issue – i love that bed!!
    Rachie xo

• Reply ALL ABOUT CHOCOLATE CREATIVE... February 1, 2011 at 9:59 pm

haha u made me laugh I can do with a nutela pot right now haha..in fact dying for one!!! I love this issue of the magazine specially the kitchen with the big white lamp on top of the table.

• Reply spindelmaker February 1, 2011 at 10:18 pm

WOW!!! those trays are AMAZING!!! Thanks for the tip!

• Reply oh, hello friend. February 1, 2011 at 10:40 pm

I love Nutella! πŸ˜‰ Wow, I would so so love those drawers or whatever they are in picture # 5, they are gorgeous! xo.

• Reply one sydney road February 1, 2011 at 11:54 pm

I seriously need to get an old map – I just love how they look hanging on a wall. Can't wait for this issue!!

• Reply Colleen February 2, 2011 at 2:00 am

I love that navy and white quirky fireplace!

I need to (finally) get a print subscription!!