After looking at dining tables in last week’s Six of The Best post, this week I’m turning the spotlight onto dining chairs. After all, who doesn’t love a comfortable and stylish spot to park their booty while tucking into a tasty meal?! I decided on a dining table for #BBbrownstone on Monday, and while I want to keep the design a surprise for the reveal I can tell you that it’s round! I know, that narrows things down a lot, right?! 😉 Here’s a look at some of the potential dining chair options:
1. Rustic Farmhouse | Somerset Side Chair | I’ve always liked the rustic, homely feel of these X-back dining chairs. You often find them in small Italian restaurants (I see them everrrrrywhere here in NYC) and their hardwood seats and X-back supports are surprisingly comfortable.
2. Velvet Luxe | Beetle Dining Chair | This unique looking design is the creation of young design duo, Enrico Fratesi and Stine Gam, and was inspired by the shape, shell and structure of a beetle. The design of the chair reinterprets the characteristic elements of the beetles’ body: rigid on the outside and soft within, while maintaining comfort and functionality. The luxurious rich green velvet against the black piping gives an indulgent feel to the piece.
3. Classic Elegance | Emerald Paige Square Back Dining Chair | With their curved, shapely silhouette, these dining chairs define simple elegance. They are crafted of white American oak, but it’s the distressed finish that adds to their appeal and gives them character, I think.
4. Rodeo Chic | Leather Slope Dining Chair | I love the warmth that leather pieces bring to a space so I’m definitely tempted by these aniline-dyed leather chairs. There’s no doubt that their patina would improve and become rich with unique detailing over time.
5. Design Classic | Hans Wegner CH24 Wishbone Chair | I’ve always dreamt of a dining table completed with a series of Hans Wegner’s Wishbone chairs. It’s pretty awesome that the seat of each chair is hand woven from nearly 400 feet of paper cord that can last up to 50 years. These are currently running high on my list, but I need to save hard!
6. Mint Spindle | http://www.target.com/p/threshold-windsor-dining-chair-set-of-2/-/A-16778305#prodSlot=medium_1_20&term=dining+chairs | These classic dining room chairs come in a whole bunch of colors but I am loving this soft mint option. The pitch on the back of the chairs is comfortable and the spaces between the spokes would help to keep the area around the table open and airy.
7. Long Bench | Farmhouse Dining Bench As the round dining table I have decided on will have to live quite close to a wall (hello, small Manhattan apartment!), I’m keen to create a kinda of built-in padded bench/seating situation along the wall. This option could work nicely as a base unit for me to layer in a padded seat cushion and some additional textiles.
Which stylish dining chair is your favorite and why?
// Top image: Roadhouse leather dining chairs, CB2