My New Watercolour Print By Yao Cheng Design

yao-cheng-artyao-cheng-design-watercolor-tea-towelsYao-cheng-design-printsyao-cheng-design-art-printsyao-cheng-design-watercolor-art-print

What is it about watercolour that makes it so darn appealing? I literally cannot get enough of this look (case in point right here), so I was thrilled to discover the works of Yao Cheng. My living room (you can take a peek at it on the UK cover of my book) is a riot of citrus brights, so Yao’s Citrus print was the perfect piece to lend my sideboard vignette a vibrant and exotic summer vibe, don’t you think? As well as a range of beautiful prints (just look at those blue hues – so good!), Yao also sells a cheerful range of tea towels, too. Which of her designs do you like best, folks? Where would you hang your favourite print?

// Top photograph by Will Taylor | Other photographs by Yao Cheng

• Reply Bea June 18, 2014 at 8:43 am

Super choice on the fruits, it’s my favortite as well. Love this artist!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 18, 2014 at 8:47 am

@Bea – It’s cute, isn’t it! Goes so well with the colour palette in my living room!

• Reply Susan June 18, 2014 at 8:45 am

You always introduce us to the best pieces of art and artists. The waves print is stunning. Thank you!

• Reply Polly ROWAN June 18, 2014 at 10:26 am

Ooh I love the last one! So pretty! The watercolour softens the geometrics.

• Reply Chedva June 18, 2014 at 10:37 am

Will, what a great discovery! I love them all but the blue ones really speak to me. It is my favorite color, after all.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 18, 2014 at 10:50 am

@Chedva – There’s something very soothing and calming about the blues, isn’t there!

• Reply Jenny June 18, 2014 at 10:39 am

Love the prints; and the packaging for the tea towels. Watercolour prints on textiles seems to be such a big trend now, and they’re so much more interesting to look at than a flat print!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 18, 2014 at 10:51 am

@Jenny – Yes, huge! I feel like watercolour is having a massive resurgence in popularity.

• Reply Allywan June 18, 2014 at 11:58 am

I’m really drawn to the blue section. That landscape watercolour is gorgeous!

• Reply Martie @ Spunkyrella June 18, 2014 at 1:08 pm

I feel the same way about water color prints especially if there are lots of different shades of blue – summer as its best. Didn´t know the artist! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 18, 2014 at 1:49 pm

@Martie – Yes, totally summer at it’s best! My pleasure – thanks for reading. :)

• Reply Fiona Duke June 18, 2014 at 1:30 pm

definitely the blues …. the forest print in particular is stunning.

amazing how good art can change a room. i have a painting in our spare room at the moment and I hate it and it’s ruining the room…….. so needs to be changed

these blue prints are very calming and spiritual

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 18, 2014 at 1:49 pm

@Fiona – I agree, that forest print is just mesmerising! Glad you love these blue hues as much as me!

• Reply Fiona Duke June 18, 2014 at 2:26 pm

hi Will – thank you for the measurements for your cabinet yesterday. did you have an idea of price at all ?

• Reply SERE June 18, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Really, really amazing… I can’t choose only one..,. I’m enchanted *_*

• Reply Lucy Meek June 18, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I have the peachy geometric print as a cushion in my living room :)

• Reply julia I mintlametta June 18, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I damn like all of them! the colors, the style – feels like summer … all the best julia

• Reply Danielle June 25, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Lovely! Where do you buy your frames for prints?

• Reply Trevor July 15, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Finally checked out Yao Cheng! Love the prints and will definitely have to order a couple for the new apartment!