BRIGHT.LIFE

10 Things I Learned & Loved This Weekend

mint-coloured-kitchen-aid-mixerwill-taylor-bright-bazaar-in-glamour-magazineinglenook-fireplaceyellow-front-door-cottagewill-taylor-bright-bazaarcolourful-thank-you-cardsmapplique-art

1. When I discover a mint KitchenAid in the sale it’s impossible for me to leave the store without having purchased it!
2. I felt very proud to see my first ever article inside Glamour magazine, alongside pictures from the Bright.Bazaar book.
3. After discovering that we have to move because our landlord is selling our apartment we set out on the hunt for a new place. The result of our search was this charming 17th Century cottage, complete with a traditional inglenook fireplace!
4. I can never fail to be charmed by a yellow front door.
5. Rocked my white trousers for the first time this season. I paired them with stripes, naturally!
6. Now that I’m back from the book tour, I’ve been enjoying all the lovely cards I received as kind congratulations for my book.
7. The graphic patterns of these table lamps caught my eye – great statement pieces!
8. The sentiment of this screen print is totally true of my fiancé and I. Well, apart from marmite – I love it, he hates it!
9. How amazing are these soap stones?
10. I admired the intricate detail of Mapplique’s handmade fabric maps.

• Reply Modern Country Lady June 9, 2014 at 12:25 am

cool! love the minty KitchenAid big time ( mine is lime – I just HAD to have it ).And the soapstones are amazing.What a week you’ve had! Inpending move AND a publication.Good times !

• Reply Chantele June 9, 2014 at 1:19 am

That kitchenAid is amazing!!
    Two Hearts One Roof

• Reply Mel June 9, 2014 at 7:06 am

Love that mint kitchen aid! Sorry to hear that you have to move, what a pain but there’s always the plus that you get the fun of decorating another place and I have to say that you look dashing in the whites and stripes. Happy new week to you xx M

• Reply Serena June 9, 2014 at 8:47 am

That soaps are amazing!!!! It’s impossible to use it! ;)

• Reply Fiona Duke June 9, 2014 at 10:22 am

thanks for the intro to humblesticks

loving the stuff on that website :)

• Reply Leanda June 9, 2014 at 10:38 am

The question is… exactly how many mint KitchenAids do you own Mr. Taylor? Huge congrats on the article, book, amazing new place and white trousers!

• Reply Mappliqué June 9, 2014 at 12:01 pm

thank you SO MUCH for including Mappliqué! Much appreciated :-)

• Reply geraldine@littlebigbell June 9, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Love the mint Kitchen Aid. Mine is a blue. Sorry to hear you have to leave the home you and T so love, but so exciting to have found a new place, new home new Bright Bazaar book right? Have a great week and looking forward to seeing you and T soon! ;)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 9, 2014 at 1:44 pm

@Geraldine – Thanks so much, G! We’re so sad to leave our home but we’re embracing the change as an exciting adventure to make a new home together! :)

• Reply Sarah B June 9, 2014 at 4:13 pm

i to love the kitchen aid in Mint, but its the yellow front door that wins for me .. any idea where you got the white magazine racks in the first photo?
    Thanks

• Reply Martyn June 9, 2014 at 11:18 pm

What a fantastic weekend. Sorry to hear about the sale of your flat. At least you have some wonderful memories of it (especially that it was used for your first book). Your new home looks fantastic, and I can’t wait to see what plans to have for it.
    I loved picture 5: the white jeans are fantastic – I wish I had the confidence to wear them

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 10, 2014 at 10:18 am

@Martyn – Thanks for the kind words! You should just go for it with the white jeans, I’m sure you would look great! :)

• Reply Elodie (madame love) June 10, 2014 at 8:00 am

The mint Kitchen Aid is great and I love how you styled it!
    Have a great week!
    xoxo
    Elodie

• Reply Elena + deco June 10, 2014 at 12:59 pm

I love the Soap Stones by the Design Studio Pelle! I wrote a post about their designs a few days ago. If you want to see some of their other creations, this is the link:

Thank you Will, you are the summer of the blogsphere!

• Reply Sue June 10, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Just love these soaps – they look like rough cut precious stones – simply gorgeous!

• Reply ROCHELLE June 13, 2014 at 11:03 am

Will, I love your ’10 things I learned & loved’ posts. They always make me smile. Love that Kitchen Aid, does he or she have a name yet. In mint he or she deserves a name…..My white faithful is called Matilda… :)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 13, 2014 at 11:04 am

@Rochelle – Matilda – I love that! I think mine needs a name ASAP! ;) x

• Reply valentina June 25, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Will the mint Kitchen Aid is my dream! I searched several years ago but it was only available in the U.S. Now it arrived in Italy … it will be mine!

• Reply Lindsay kulhanek January 5, 2015 at 12:03 am

What is the official kitchenaid color of your mint one? I can’t tell if it’s the Blue Ice or Pistachio, and I LOVE it! :)