Nordic Design Collective: 17 Stylish Art Prints

Market Picks: Fig.1 | Fig.2 | Fig.3 | Fig.4 | Fig.5

Last week I was on the hunt for a small typographic print to place on my living room sideboard when I discovered a knockout online source for affordable (and super stylish) art prints called Nordic Design Collective. After pouring over the site’s offering of over 1,000 art prints, I decided to order the This Poster Could Say Whatever print because it fitted my original plan for something typographic, as well as matching the black accents in my living room. I think it coordinates perfectly with the striped Kahler candlesticks, in addition to reminding me of the episode of Will & Grace where Jack is talking about his CV which he has already planned to have printed in Helvetica!

Anyway, I digress – after ordering the print I struck up a conversation with Maria, the owner of Nordic Design Collective, and she kindly agreed to offer Bright.Bazaar readers 10% off everything on the site (until 9th March 2014) with the code: brightbazaar. I’m feeling very drawn to the atmospheric Swedish landscape pictures by Dan Isacc Wallin, who takes his shots with a polaroid camera and doesn’t manipulate them digitally at all – aren’t they stunning? While we’re on the subject of knockout photographers, please do check out CJohanson Foto’s work out, too. I’ve pulled together some of my favourites from atmospheric to graphic through to whimsical (with some colourful home accessories thrown in for good measure!), but which art print is catching your eye?

• Reply Judith March 5, 2014 at 1:10 am

Hahaha I remember that Will & Grace scene ;) Really like your choice, Will, NDC has sooo much to choose from!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 5, 2014 at 8:10 am

@Judith – I’m laughing just thinking about it now! ;) Glad you enjoyed the selection!

• Reply Susan March 5, 2014 at 8:06 am

Your new helvetica print is fantastic! Neat that you can order the ‘whatever’ bit in customized colors too.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 5, 2014 at 8:11 am

@Susan – Thanks! I’m thrilled with how it looks in this little corner of my living room. It looks great in the blush pink colourway, too, I think.

• Reply BEA March 5, 2014 at 8:08 am

‘Pastel is the new black’ made me giggle! Thanks for the introduction to Dan’s work… wow.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 5, 2014 at 8:12 am

@Bea – Stunning, isn’t it? I first discovered his work via Nordic Design Collective so he’s pretty new to me as well.

• Reply Sarahmia March 5, 2014 at 9:11 am

I really love that birches print – they’re one of my favourite trees :) The Helvetica print made me snort with laughter, ha.

*once a designer always a designer*

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 5, 2014 at 9:45 am

@Sarah – Gorgeous, isn’t it? Birch trees are my favourite, too. Glad the Helvetica print made you laugh as well – I smile each time I see it!

• Reply Serena March 5, 2014 at 9:23 am

It’s so hard to choose … the prints in particular are very very beautiful!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 5, 2014 at 9:46 am

@Serena – It’s certainly a tough choice; I had a hard time picking favourites just for the post! ;)

• Reply Tim@DesignMaze March 5, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Thanks for introducing me to Nordic Design! My favorite has got to be that blue geranium wall art! Love the color and the scale! Now I am thinking if I can use it on the blue accent wall in the kitchen!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 5, 2014 at 3:52 pm

@Tim – Anytime! Great idea! The wall hanging also comes as a tray, I believe!

• Reply Jen March 5, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Oh my goodness, my husband loves helvetica!! This would be such a great gift for him. Fantastic find!

• Reply andrew joseph March 12, 2014 at 2:45 pm

I love how whimsical and playful this all is!