Pure Kitchen Design: Stylish Accent Colour Idea

John-Lewis-of-Hungerford-New-Pure-Kitchen-Greenpure-kitchen-john-lewis-of-hungerford

Accent colour ideas for kitchens don’t come much better than the beautiful new Pure kitchen by John Lewis of Hungerford. I like how this colourful kitchen design uses a flash of lime green to make a stylish colour statement out of an existing design feature of the kitchen: the single green section amongst the white cabinetry creates an instant focal point for the eye. The harmonising quality of the green pairs well with the nod to organic texture in the wooden trim detailing; this design element also adds warmth to the green and white kitchen. Normally I’m not drawn to all white, super sleek and modern kitchen designs – I prefer a more rustic, lived-in approach with all my wares on display – but the clever use of colour and addition of exposed wood makes this space feel more homely, inviting and liveable than usual. I also think that the painted wooden floors help soften the look. What do you like about this kitchen design? How do you invite accent colour into your kitchen?

// Photography by John Lewis of Hungerford

You Might Also Like

• Reply emily January 16, 2014 at 6:01 am

omg. I LOVE this idea. Gorgeous kitchen. Great color combo. So fresh and so clean clean!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 16, 2014 at 8:01 am

@Emily – So stylish and effortless, isn’t it? For me, it’s the wooden detailing makes it so special.

• Reply 2moiselles January 16, 2014 at 7:10 am

I like all fresh colors. Lime green is a really fantastic punchy color :-)
    xx
    2moiselles

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 16, 2014 at 8:01 am

@2moiselles – I agree; it’s the perfect choice to use as an accent in a kitchen.

• Reply Geraldine@littlebigbell January 16, 2014 at 8:04 am

A great idea adding the green accent colour. My kitchen is white but also love adding touches of colour on the worktop. The large frame window in my kitchen looking at a small garden takes the eye away from the stark white. Have a lovely day x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 16, 2014 at 11:38 am

@Geraldine – A picture window is always a winner in the kitchen! x

• Reply raina @astylistslife January 16, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Will,
    As ususal you have my number. Love, Love, Love that kitchen from the color (of course) to the drawer details.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 16, 2014 at 1:20 pm

@Raina – I had a sneaky feeling this space would resonate strongly with your aesthetic!