My New NYC Art by Illustrator Andreas Posselt

new-york-city-printnew-york-city-print-1

When my book comes out later this year you will discover just how much I love New York City, but until then you’ll just have to take my word when I say how excited I am to visit! As I head to my favourite city in the world I figured it would be the perfect time to feature the work of illustrator and graphic designer, Andreas Posselt. Based in Vienna, Andreas’ work never fails and I especially enjoy the linocuts and letterpress section of his website. So I was thrilled when I visited Munich recently and I discovered no.5 of 50 limited edition New York City screen prints by Andreas at local design store, Room to Dream. The piece immediately caught my eye and I’ve been smitten with it’s whimsical simplicity ever since. Plus, the snowy scene seems somewhat relevant for the Arctic Vortex currently gripping much of America. I’ve yet to find a home for the piece so it’s sitting on my sideboard until I spot, well, the perfect spot! What do you think of this screen print? Have you brought any new art into your home recently?

// Photography by Will Taylor

• Reply Michele January 8, 2014 at 3:18 am

I just got 3 posters of Andy Warhol’s Chanel No. 5. I love the colors and warhol and Chanel, so needless to say I am SO excited to have them.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 8, 2014 at 5:16 am

@Michele – New art is so exciting, isn’t it! Enjoy finding homes for your new pieces! :)

• Reply Han January 8, 2014 at 5:18 am

What a sweet print! I like how it’s uninformed around the edges.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 8, 2014 at 5:22 am

@Han – That was one of the details that I noticed from the off as well!

• Reply Bea January 8, 2014 at 5:20 am

Thank you for introducing Andreas’ work to me – I love his illustrations!

• Reply seelvana January 8, 2014 at 10:33 am

nice piece!

I make art too, you can see my Sacre Coeur piece here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=407897295932696&set=a.337372312985195.81694.213534945368933&type=3&theater

• Reply 2moiselles January 8, 2014 at 10:54 am

I like a lot this NY illustration
    XX

• Reply tim@designmaze January 8, 2014 at 12:18 pm

so that’s the place I missed just around the corner!! I LOVE this NYC print … and that’s the shade of indigo I am crazy about and would love to add it to Chris’ gallery wall!

Have a fun and safe trip to NYC. Hope things are back to normal down south now after a few days a weather madness. xoxo

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 8, 2014 at 5:08 pm

@Tim – Maybe you should email the illustrator and see if he has any of the run left? Fingers crossed for you! x

• Reply Cuvinte & culori January 8, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Love your print and how it matches the blue candle holder.
    I haven’t brought anything new, I just arranged my 4-year old’s art into a nice art wall/headboard in our bedroom so yes, I can call that a new piece :)

• Reply Sheneela Akram January 8, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Its beautiful. Looks amazing. Felt like I’m looking at it from a roof top. {crazy but true!} :)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 8, 2014 at 5:10 pm

@Sheneela – I hadn’t thought of it like that but I really like looking at it with that perspective! Thanks!

• Reply Sarah @ Mocha January 8, 2014 at 2:56 pm

That’s lovely – I really like architectural prints. And the vibrant indigo shade looks stunning!

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} January 8, 2014 at 4:22 pm

beautiful! my sister just got me a rifle paper co. NYC print for christmas…can’t wait to get it framed :)

Molly {Dreams in HD}

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 8, 2014 at 6:04 pm

@Molly – I have the Rifle Paper Co. NYC print as well – so charming!

• Reply Anya January 8, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Such a lovely print Will, enjoy N.Y – I haven’t been there yet, hope to go one fine day. Ax

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 8, 2014 at 6:06 pm

@Anya – Thank you! If you get a chance to visit you must, I love this city! x

• Reply Jess January 8, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Beautiful print, and enjoy your visit! I went to NYC in summer last year and totally fell in love. I bought the New York print by Rifle Paper Co, and it’s proudly framed on my wall. Can’t wait for my next chance to visit!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 8, 2014 at 10:51 pm

@Jess – This city really does get under your skin, doesn’t it? I love it! Oh, and I have that print as well! :)

• Reply FunkySteph January 8, 2014 at 9:24 pm

I love your print Will. It is lovely, I like the simplicity of it. I bought a water color in Hastings recently which is monochrome representing boats in Hastings harbor and I just love it very much. More recently I asked Jane Bannon for an original paint of “her” Pammy… It is in my kitchen and makes me smile everyday.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 8, 2014 at 10:51 pm

@FunkySteph – Thank you! I love watercolour paintings and your’s sounds lovely.

• Reply Louisa January 9, 2014 at 8:59 am

Hello Will! What a lovely print, absolutely perfect for this time of year. Maybe there is a corresponding summer version you can then alternate them! You’re not missing much in the uk except gales! Have a fab trip, look forward to seeing the pics on IG x

• Reply Jennifer January 9, 2014 at 4:55 pm

I love that print, especially next to the city blue glass as well. Where did you get it? It would look so good on our desk in Chicago. The blue is one of my favorite colors right now!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 9, 2014 at 10:31 pm

@Jennifer – I bought it from a shop called Room To Dream; the link is in the post! :)

• Reply latteLisa January 14, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Such a beautiful print and I love your styling too. That first image is perfection.

• Reply domestikate January 22, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Cute print! I got two new prints for Christmas, a pink letterpress ‘I LOVE CAKE’ print which is perfect in my kitchen, and a super cute home sweet home print with all sorts of whimsical forest animals living in a tree. I love them both – Santa spoiled me this year!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 22, 2014 at 1:51 pm

@Domestikate – I love the sound of the whimsical forest animals; I love lots of whimsical animals in my home and my living room sofa is laden with animal motif cushions!