Three Ways To Work Colourful Interior Doors

1colorful-interior-door-lime-greencolourful-french-apartmentyellow-interior-door-design-1end-title

A quick scroll through my 10 Things series or the Bright.Bazaar Instagram feed and it’s obvious that I’m regularly inspired by a brightly coloured front door. That said, you didn’t expect Mr. Bazaar’s love for colourful doors to stop at the front door, did you?! I didn’t think so, which is why you probably won’t be surprised to read that I’m knocked over by all three of these inspiring ways to colourfully paint interior doors. I think the decision to paint the inside edge of the lime green door in Artfully Accented was a stroke of genus. The vermillion hue accents perfectly against the lime green wall in the otherwise neutral space – a fantastic example of how to wow with colourful decorating.

The second painted interior door idea is called Vibrant Contrast and is from a colourfully converted factory in Paris. Colour is used successfully on the door in this case because they yellow hue is only used for the door, moulding and window frames, while the rest of the main retail estate of the space are painted in shades of pink. As pink sits across from yellow on the colour wheel it creates a complementary colour scheme in the room.

Finally, the simplest idea of the three. Single Statement is an example of how pairing a standalone bright interior door with an all-white space instantly creates a visually commanding space. Which of these three colourful interior door examples do you like best, folks?

// Photography by 1. Livingetc via Apartment Therapy | 2. Marie Claire Maison | 3. Marie Claire Maison via Apartment Therapy

You Might Also Like

• Reply susan October 23, 2013 at 1:57 am

#3…single statement! And for a moment I thought you were referring to us all as “best friends” in your header. ;)

• Reply kara rane October 23, 2013 at 2:26 am

wonderful positivity to express the energy of a door!

• Reply GEE October 23, 2013 at 7:58 am

Number one is awesome!!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 23, 2013 at 8:00 am

@Gee – It’s that little surprise pop of accent colour that makes it soar, isn’t it?!

• Reply JANE October 23, 2013 at 7:59 am

I’d like to stay in the Paris apartment but live in the third one with the white and yellow because I love how it feels fresh.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 23, 2013 at 8:00 am

@Jane – Colourful interior doors for your holiday rentals and your home – I like your style! ;)

• Reply geraldine October 23, 2013 at 8:07 am

I’m liking no. 3 and how it’s accentuated by the yellow objects nearby. I’ve just wrote about Charlotte of RICE yesterday and she was telling us about her happy yellow door. Maybe I shall be bold and paint my door a colour too. Have a lovely day Will. xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 23, 2013 at 8:31 am

@Geradline – Yes, I vote paint one of your doors! :) Have a lovely day! x

• Reply caroline @trend-daily October 23, 2013 at 10:16 am

Painting our doors has been on my to-do list forever! I just love it. Not sure if on would allow a bright colour-but wouldn’t it be fun!! xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 23, 2013 at 10:18 am

@Caroline – You should totally do it! Even a subtle shade would work, like a mint cream or washed apricot. x

• Reply un23 ilaria October 23, 2013 at 11:03 am

No doubt I am for the single statement! I have always put colours on walls but never on doors … it’s time to start I guess! The yellow of the last door is just to die for … so bright and lively! Thank you Will, you are brighting up my day with these colors :-) xx

• Reply Serena October 23, 2013 at 11:15 am

It’s great result… I’m only worry about for how long I stand up before change color again.. :-D

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 23, 2013 at 11:19 am

@Serena – The beauty of paint is you can re-paint as the mood or season changes if you wish! :)

• Reply Alison October 23, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Oh my I just love door number 3 & that yellow bench!

• Reply Rebecca Engels October 23, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I love the orange edge on the lime green door, it would look great on a blue door as well. We are going to be moving house soon – so will have to bookmark this page.

• Reply Juliane at Modern Mural October 23, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I love the single statement… it feels the easiest but also you can coordinate with some small bits of it like the orange streak with the wall art. An apartment means limiting all the things I paint! All of these are beautiful in any case!

• Reply Tim@DesignMaze October 23, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Love No. 1!! It is playfully and sophisticated at the same time! Now how the inside frame of the door is painted to echo the painting! That wallpaper, I may just need to use it in Chris’ new home!

• Reply Stacey October 24, 2013 at 12:51 am

Love love this! I was actually thinking of painting my bedroom door a green colour! That first one with the orange is fab. Love the yellow ones too of course!:-)