Hi there, friends! Thank you so much for following along my adventures on Blog Tour LA over on the Bright.Bazaar Instagram feed. I had such a blast and was fortunate enough to not only see stacks of great design and inspiring colour, but to also spend time getting to know an incredibly inspiring group of women from all over Europe and America. But you know what? I missed you guys and I’m fizzing with a heady mix of enthusiasm and creative spirit (well minus the jet lag and head cold but they can exit stage left pronto, right?!) to be back blogging again today. I learned in depth about some super design brands during the tour and will bring you my colourful take on each in due course. Before we dive into those together I felt inspired to share eight fleeting snapshots that inspired Mr. Bazaar’s colour-loving eye across the 10 day trip:
1. I walked past this colourful apartment building every morning on my way to get coffee and I stopped to admire it every day without fail. I mean, seriously, we need more vibrant colours like this on buildings in the UK, please. Right opposite this building I spotted a yellow fire hydrant and purple sidewalk – what a knockout colour combo!
2. The rooftop pool at the Chamberlain West Hollywood offered drink em’ up views of the city below and those endless blue skies that frame everything perfectly.
3. A visit to Heath Ceramics store and studio led me to discover these beautiful teal-hued ombre bud vases.
4. Before the tour started I hired a car with my fiancé and headed into the hills of Santa Barbara for a wine tasting. I felt very inspired by the lush green hues that surrounded the vineyard.
5. No trip to Southern California would be complete without a few quintessentially SoCal shots of exotic palm trees and bright blue skies.
6. As always I had my eye out for inspiring yellow shades – this bag and car, both spotted near Venice Beach, were two favourites.
7. After exploring Abbott Kinney in Venice we watched the sunset from the rooftop bar at Hotel Erwin. Seeing the sunset over the Pacific Ocean for the first time is an experience I hope never to forget – the orange and purple colours only became more intense the lower the sun sank behind the ocean.
8. And no travel post is complete without a playful picture of Mr. Bazaar, is it?! Here I am acting cool as a cucumber in front of the Hollywood sign…!
Which of these colourful sights are inspiring you? Have you been to Los Angeles before?
// Photography by Will Taylor