BRIGHT.TRAVEL

Mr. Bazaar Explores Provence’s Lavender Fields

mr-bazaar-will-taylor-bright-bazaarlavender-buds-provence-francelavender-fields-south-of-france-provencemr-bazaar-will-taylor-blogger-bright-bazaarlavender-field-provence-south-of-france

If you follow Bright.Bazaar on Instagram then you may know that Mr. Bazaar headed to Provence in the South of France a few weeks ago to start writing my the Bright.Bazaar book. I spent my days writing furiously before slipping off to relax and read by the pool for an hour or so before dinner. One evening we were driving to dinner when we passed the most amazing lavender field – I literally slammed on the breaks of our rental and did a three-point (OK, maybe it was more like five-point) turn and turned in down the dirt track that led to it. The moment you stepped out of the car the lavender scent washed over you, so intense it felt intoxicating and invigorating. As for the light, well I hope the pictures and video above do it justice because the it was one of the most magical golden hours I’ve ever been lucky enough to experience. The way the honey-like light danced it’s way across the gently swaying buds was one of the most soothing sights I’ve seen in a long time. Needless to say, this was a cherished twenty minutes that I hope to never forget. Have you ever been to Provence? What’s the most magical golden hour you’ve ever experienced?
// Photography by Will Taylor using Olympus EPL5 & iPhone

• Reply Sarah July 15, 2013 at 2:37 am

Lavender is one of my most favorite scents…this would be dream. Gorgeous photos
    Xo

• Reply Meghan @ Wishful Thinking July 15, 2013 at 7:55 am

Absolutely incredible Will! I headed to the Dordogne a few months ago and desperately wanted to drive to Provence but the lavender wouldn’t have been in full bloom yet so we swerved it. I am now kicking myself! And how exciting that you are writing a book! x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 15, 2013 at 8:03 am

@Meghan – Dordogne is also a lovely area – I’ve not been since I was a child! Hope you had a lovely trip. x

• Reply Julie July 15, 2013 at 8:00 am

WOW the video you made is incredible!!

• Reply SAM July 15, 2013 at 8:02 am

Never been to the South of France but I hope to go in a few years. Your photos made me feel as if I were there with you.

• Reply Bea July 15, 2013 at 8:16 am

These photos are stunning!!
    I want to go there!!!
    :))

• Reply a:petite July 15, 2013 at 11:08 am

I need tell it … I am so jealous!!! πŸ™‚ wanna see it πŸ™‚

• Reply matthew pike July 15, 2013 at 5:10 pm

it looks a treat, seriously lovely looking images. the legs on the sunnies are very cool.

• Reply Ashley @GirlyObsessions July 15, 2013 at 5:24 pm

We spent time in Provence last year and I made my husband drive around for days exploring the lavender fields. It made me face my fear of bees! Your photos bring back wonderful memories! When we came back we planted like 8 lavender plants in our yard, which provides us with that wonderful smell and plenty of fresh lavender. I even used it to make cookies which I’m posting on my blog tomorrow!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 15, 2013 at 5:24 pm

@Ashley – Lavender cookies? OK now that’s a blog post I can’t wait to read!

• Reply Tim@DesignMaze July 15, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I love Lavender and if I have a garden, it will be filled with Lavender … well and peonies as well. They are just so fraqance and I have to jump in about the lavender cookies mentioned by Ashley. Chris and I made some a while back as well and OMG, they were good!

Lavender shortbread cookies (deadly I know for moi now in my mid 30s) are definitely at the top of my cookie list!

• Reply Pauline Kiwii July 15, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Hi ! I’m a French girl, and Provence is one of my favorite place in France just for this lavender. I feel so proud to see that so many foreigners love them πŸ™‚

And I also want to read about these cookies, never heard about lavender in cooking before !

• Reply Lily | Birch+Bird July 15, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Oh my goodness, aren’t you a lucky duck?! Looks stunning and I’m sure it smells divine too…enjoy!

• Reply satsuki shibuya July 15, 2013 at 11:03 pm

how dreamy! i love the video as it feels like i can experience it right there with you. πŸ™‚

• Reply Cyndi Murdoch July 16, 2013 at 6:15 pm

This is absolutely breathtaking – I home to visit one day!

• Reply Aileen July 16, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Wow this looks heavenly!! I’ve never been but one day I hope to. Washington state has some really lovely lavender farms too but, well, it’s not Provence!

• Reply rachie July 16, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Gorgeous pictures – it looks so lovely there!

• Reply Lana July 16, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Gorgeous Will, I can almost smell the lavender! Happy writing x

• Reply susan July 17, 2013 at 12:18 am

Oh this is lovely…takes me there!

• Reply Gabrielle July 18, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Your photos and video capture the lavender and golden hour perfectly, I want to be there!

• Reply Inge @ SimplyFabulouschic July 19, 2013 at 9:05 am

Oh Will, you described my own feelings with this beautiful post and stunning pictures! When I think of the Provence, I think of the same feeling, the same smell and views… When I was there about a month ago, I did the same thing and took pictures of a field full of golden grain where the sun was setting down… The gold-honey light that glowed over that field was just gorgeous. Takes me right back to our vacation! πŸ™‚
    The Provence really stole my heart… Will go back next year!
    And I cannot wait to buy and read your book Will, I’m sure it will be superb!
    Hugs, Inge x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 19, 2013 at 9:08 am

@Inge – Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement and support, Inge! Yes, Provence is just a truly beautiful place at golden hour – WOW! x

• Reply Holly {Avenue Lifestyle} July 19, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Ah, Will… this is making my heart ache fro Provence. Your images are just beautiful. Captures the golden hour just perfectly!