Home Tour: A Colourful Mexican Retreat

colorful-home-in-mexicocolorful-home-mexicoyellow-bedroom-decorcolor-home-mexicoyellow-and-purple-decorating-ideabright-mexico-vacation-home

Let’s kick off the week with a trip to Mexico, shall we? I’ve found the perfect place for colour lovers to stay and it’c called, Casa Dos Chicos. Situated on a hill in the tropical town of Sayulita, overlooking the Pacific coastline of Mexico this colourful abode has 360 degree views, a private garden and 4 brightly coloured bedrooms. From purple and orange to yellow and more, each area of the home is decked out in stylishly chosen palettes that reflect the topical surroundings. The owners Patrizio & Mark furnished much of the property with furniture and textiles from local markets so the interior has an authentic Mexican feel. In fact, the colourful spirit of the property is evident from the outside, too – the peach and orange exterior perfectly set the tone for the interior. I love that the building is made up of two structures that are connected by a bridge 100m above sea level, it almost sounds like a luxury tree house, doesn’t it?! It may well be Monday morning but closing my eyes and escaping here for a few quite moments is a daydream of pure bliss. Have a wonderful week, friends!

// Photography by Bob Coscarelli via Design Tripper

• Reply tim@designmaze July 8, 2013 at 4:01 am

indeed!! you and I both Mr! Perhaps we should organize one where you and Igor will meet me at Mexico instead to soak up all the bright hues the amazing tropical paradise has to offer!

Happy Monday!

• Reply Elizabeth @ Rosalilium July 8, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I love the bright Mexican colours of this hotel. *books flights immediately* it looks like such a happy place!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 8, 2013 at 1:45 pm

@Elizabeth – I agree, they are so vibrant and cheerful! Let’s pack our bags and go! :)

• Reply JEN July 8, 2013 at 1:43 pm

The color combinations in this home are playful and stylish at the same time which is hard to do I think. great find!

• Reply suzanne July 8, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Totally agree with you about that peach colour, such a gorgeous shade and so fresh.

• Reply Stacey July 8, 2013 at 7:11 pm

One of my faves! Definitely on my list of places to vacation sans kiddos:-)

• Reply Chichi furniture July 11, 2013 at 10:56 am

Bagsy the yellow room please :O) This place looks wonderful. The rooms are restful and stylish, yet welcoming and cheerful – perfect balance.

• Reply geraldine @ littlebigbell July 13, 2013 at 7:54 am

Beautiful vibrant colours. Now that would be a wonderful holiday home ;)
    Have a lovely weekend will x

• Reply Erin July 13, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Love that the walls are kept white. It really makes the beds in the rooms pop. That fuchsia bedding? So fun!

xx Erin

• Reply maria at inredningsvis July 13, 2013 at 9:39 pm

LOVE this post:) your blog Is always so inspiring in every way.

If you want to see some cute blue colored decor…Check out my blog:)

Have a wonderful day

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

• Reply Anne Damon July 16, 2013 at 7:02 pm

The colors of Mexico are like no where else in el mundo! I love the minimalist approach to Mexican decor-too many times the rooms are overstuffed with objects and take away from the stunning color and design…Gracias!