Toast: Spring/Summer 2013 Home Collection

I’m writing this post with the early spring sunshine streaming through the window and gently warming the back of my neck; the rays like a soothing balm to my soul after a long, grey winter. It was these rays that inspired me to blog about the new House & Home collection from Toast, which is a veritable feast of fine earthenware, washed lace bedlinen, handmade ceramics and artisan-made bedspreads. Like many, I’m often drawn to products that I know the provenance of, and Toast sure know how to tell the stories behind their products: The Lila pottery is cast in traditional plaster moulds then hand dipped and glazed in France; their wire baskets are handwoven in Sweden; and the Chirali bedspreads are made by artisans in India from layers of recycled sari fabric quilted together with running kantha stitch. What do you think of Toast’s new homeware collection?

// Photography by Ditte Isager for Toast

• Reply vv March 5, 2013 at 12:13 am

so impressed & excited to see these offerings from toast. you know if there was a venn diagram of you & justina blakeney, i’d imagine that this would fall right in the middle. i love it.

• Reply tim@designmaze March 5, 2013 at 12:42 am

beautifully rich blue and soft pastels … the collection has easy breezy summer days by the sea written all over it! so cozy and cultural looking … I am most drawn to the bedspreads and the linen pillows!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 5, 2013 at 8:52 am

@VV – That analogy made me chuckle – very true!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 5, 2013 at 8:53 am

@Tim – Yep, those bedspreads are knockout; so interesting to read about how they are made.

• Reply Gudy Herder March 5, 2013 at 10:45 am

It’s raining here today in Barcelona and this post is just what I needed:-) It makes me think of booking my summer holidays soon. Of getting soon a new colorful Spring dress. And buy some linen sheets…

• Reply Eleni | my paradissi March 5, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I love toast so much! They always have the most beautiful products and a styling to die for!

• Reply cassie {hi sugarplum} March 5, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Those tiles are amazing…makes me want to rip out floors and replace them with all those bright colors!

• Reply Lena March 5, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Totally in love with it. Perfect for this time of the year when all you want to do is dream yourself away in a warm and exotic place! And I completely agree – knowing the story behind the things you buy is becoming more and more important in a world where you can get anything anywhere at any time.

• Reply megan soh / petitely March 5, 2013 at 6:51 pm

loving those suitcases and the delicate color bedspread!

• Reply Marina March 5, 2013 at 8:42 pm

WOW (with my mouth wide open)…no words…

• Reply geraldine March 5, 2013 at 11:56 pm

It was a lovely day today wasn’t it? A much needed change! Love Toast! liking the pale pink and grey linens. I usually buy their pyjamas which are incredible, really soft cottons with seasonal muted tones. x

• Reply Hege March 6, 2013 at 8:19 pm

What a great collection!
    Have to say I like the location for the shoot too.
    It all fits nicely together. hx

• Reply janis-pinecone camp March 16, 2013 at 9:04 pm

How did I miss this post! It’s taken me back to my recent trip to Morocco. So pretty.