Sneak Peek: Heart Home Magazine Spring 2013

I’m really excited to be sharing this sneak peek of Heart Home Mag’s forthcoming Spring 2013 issue because the shoot I’m blogging about is perfect for Mr. Bazaar! The shoot in question focuses on easy ideas to invite colour into your home for Spring and the stylist, Elkie Brown, brought her usual mix of wit and charm to bring the simple yet stylish ideas to life. I think the shoot resonates with me because it encourages a playful, throw caution to the wind approach to decorating. So you want to cheer up an empty nook with a bunch of multicoloured balloons? Sure, just go for it. Feel an urge to paint your wooden dining chairs in an array of vivacious hues? The paint pot is all yours. After all, colour is such a wonderful way to express how you feel it only seems right to let loose and embrace hue however you wish. If it involves an impromptu game of Twister with new season plates, a nod to the film UP! and an adorable bunny rabbit, well, all the better! The full issue can be read from midday GMT on Thursday, right here. What made you smile about this colourful shoot, friends?

// Heart Home Magazine | Photography by Jon Day | Styling by Elkie Brown, assisted by Katie Phillips

• Reply Ashleigh | love stoned March 6, 2013 at 1:39 am

Plate twister fun and extremely dangerous! haha, what if you crack one of those precious plates?! :)

xx Ashleigh

• Reply Serena March 6, 2013 at 2:02 am

I want the blue bike!! :)

• Reply Preciously Me March 6, 2013 at 7:05 am

Love all those colrful pillows!!!
    They brighten your day with all those colors and patterns!
    Perfect to add a pop of color in any room ♥

• Reply Janine March 6, 2013 at 7:37 am

Absolutely love those wallpaper clouds! What an awesome idea for so many different occasions.

• Reply Eva March 6, 2013 at 8:28 am

Everything is so beautiful! I especially love the pic of the balloon house and the clouds! The clouds would make a fun decorating idea for a birthday party, I think!

• Reply Caroline @trend-daily March 6, 2013 at 9:40 am

They are such a clever bunch! It all looks fabulous, but I particularly love the cover and the balloon shot. Congratulations to the team of 3! :-) xx

• Reply Daniel Nelson March 6, 2013 at 11:50 am

Thanks Will, a really nice post. We really love this issue – particularly some of the design changes inside the magazine. Really feels like Spring has arrived.

Hope you all enjoy it when it launches tomorrow.

• Reply tina @ colourliving March 6, 2013 at 12:16 pm

What a gorgeous shoot and ‘UP’ is one of my favourite films. I love the vibrancy, the colours and all the playfulness.

The whole issue is promising to be full of gems. I can’t wait to sit down with my mint tea and devour. Brill. x

• Reply susan March 6, 2013 at 12:50 pm

The UP house + balloons puts a big smile on my face!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2013 at 12:54 pm

@Susan – You and me both! One of those shots I loved the moment I saw it! The stylist, Elkie, is such a creative talent.

• Reply Clementine & Bloom March 6, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Couldn’t agree with you more! Life would be so dull without colour. Everyday we are glad that are home is filled with every shade imaginable :)

• Reply tim@designmaze March 7, 2013 at 3:49 am

love it! the spaces are so playful and yet perfect for the grown ups! I just can’t get over that balloon shot!! and that turquoise bike against a refreshing white backdrop with all the lovely traditional details … I totally died and gone to lovely land!!

• Reply maria at inredningsvis March 7, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I LOVE THIS POST:) so lovely light colors..It make me happy.
    Your blog is so cool and Im following…I hope you follow me also:)

If you want some cute swedish bedroom inspiration…check out my blog:)

Have a great weekend