Pretty Pastel Decorating Ideas

pretty-pastel-style-book-selina-lakeyvestown-dining-roomyvonne-yvestown-entryway-cath-kidston-floral-wallpaperpink-kitchen-ideamint-staircasemix-and-match-dining-chairsscrapwood-decorating-idea

Regular readers of Bright.Bazaar will know Mr. Bazaar goes weak at the knees for pastels (just see here, here and here for proof!) so I was full of joy when reading Selina Lake’s new book, Pretty Pastel Style. Selina’s books are always thoughtfully presented, with easy to navigate sections that break down her styling ideas so that you can easily replicate them in your own home. You get a great feel for Selina’s bubbly, warm and energetic personality through the images she has styled; I love that she’s done this by creating realistic and achievable spaces – it’s refreshing to see pretty pastel decorating ideas for homes of all shapes and sizes. Pretty Pastel Style is split into three sections – Elements, Details and Spaces – which takes the reader on a logical ‘journey’ to finding the style of pastel decorating that resonates best with them, before showing you inspired ideas of how to bring the look home. If that wasn’t enough, you also get to peek inside the creative and beautiful homes of both Jeanette from By Fryd and Yvonne from Yvestown – need I say anymore?! Here’s to pastels, friends!

// Pretty Pastel Style by Selina Lake | Published by Ryland Peters & Small

• Reply Una March 21, 2013 at 12:32 am

Seems great.
    I like the stairs and the las photo. πŸ™‚

The 2nd and 3rd photos are a bit like my bedroom, (but I’m going to redecorate it after some years of sleeping between rosies ;-))

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 21, 2013 at 8:51 am

@Una – That sounds like a fun project! (P.S. The stairs are my fave!)

• Reply Tanya March 21, 2013 at 5:13 am

I will have to get this book, I love her style! My fave is probably the last picture, an indoor hammock, peeling chippy paint and tons of sunlight? Count me IN!!

xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

• Reply Holly {Avenue} March 21, 2013 at 6:04 am

Hello Will! Adore this review; love the way you compile images and tell a story. LOVE the mint green accents in that one image! And Yvonne’s home is even lovelier in person. She takes those pretty pastel tones to a whole new level. Holly x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 21, 2013 at 8:49 am

@Holly – Thank you so much for the kind words, and, yes, I can only imagine that Yvonne’s home really comes to life in person! x

• Reply Preciously Me March 21, 2013 at 9:47 am

Love all those pastel shades!!!
    Those pictures are so beautiful, mint, pink… just perfect!
    Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

• Reply vicki archer March 21, 2013 at 11:57 am

That attic is heavenly Will… and I agree…w e could all have a little pastel in our lives… xv

• Reply Liz Bird March 21, 2013 at 3:10 pm

crushing on Hot Pink wall!

• Reply susan March 21, 2013 at 11:01 pm

hooray for pastels + spring!

• Reply Valentina March 23, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I love the book! Just arrived from Amazon, I leafed through the pages immediately! Love pastels and love green mint!!

• Reply Fantastic Swings and Hammock Ideas That You Will Have to See - feelitcool.com May 12, 2016 at 2:09 pm

[…] Photo via: brightbazaarblog.com […]