Scion Textile & Wallpaper Collection: Wabi Sabi

Scion-Wabi-Sabi-collectionscion-wabi-sabi-wallpaper-fabricScion-wabi-sabi-new-collectionscion-new-collection-2013scion-colourful-fabrics-textilesscion-fabricscion-colourful-fabricsScion-new-2013-collection

Almost exactly a year ago I blogged about Scion’s debut collection and now twelve months later Scion are set to release their glorious new range, Wabi Sabi, in March. The collection’s name originates from a Japanese philosophy, which embraces two concepts: ‘Wabi’ – humble and simple, and ‘Sabi’ – aged and weathered. Within the range you will find 13 fabrics and 10 non-woven wallpaper designs that have been inspired by traditional methods such as block-printing, shibori and ikat. The patterns that grace each piece are a mix of geometric, floral and abstract designs realised in a variety of styles from painterly brush strokes and soft ombre shades to striking chevrons and stripes. Meanwhile, the colour palette is equally as inspired: indigo, midnight and inky blues all appear alongside raspberry, amethyst and clover tones. Basically, this collection gets a double thumbs up from Mr. Bazaar! What’s catching your eye, folks?

// Photography by Scion

• Reply Audrey - This Little Street February 6, 2013 at 1:27 am

ok, I just died a little reading your post. IN LOVE with the last one, the berry brights chair.

• Reply Something Gorgeous February 6, 2013 at 2:43 am

What a beautiful collection, the colours are gorgeous.

• Reply Elli @Studio34e February 6, 2013 at 7:38 am

This blue dot curtain is going to look fabulous on my window!!!
    Nice collection!

• Reply Rachel {Little Bits of Lovely} February 6, 2013 at 7:50 am

These are gorgeous fabrics, I love the bright colours! I’d have to go for the berry brights xx

• Reply Abbey@gild&gRace February 6, 2013 at 8:10 am

Oh I love the flamingoes Will! So fun :)

Abbey x

• Reply Ice Beautiful February 6, 2013 at 11:03 am

Love the first picture – all these blues and turquoise with a touch of honey colored wood!

• Reply rachie @ a chi chi affair February 6, 2013 at 11:21 am

Love the spots and the bird blinds!! x

• Reply vicki archer February 6, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Love the colours Will… especially the blue… we seem to be thinking the same colour today…:)

• Reply Amy - Bead bash February 6, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I love the abstract bird print – beautiful textiles :-)

• Reply Jade February 6, 2013 at 7:46 pm

These are all just so beautiful! I would love to inject some colour in to my unfinished apartment, it seems like lovely bright patterns like this might just do the trick. It’s so hard to choose a favorite but the print on the chair in the last photo is a real eye pleaser.

• Reply tim@designmaze February 7, 2013 at 5:32 am

so much colors and patterns … and you know how much I love them MR! My favourite? I have to pick the blue chair. I just think that the graphic fabric fits the mid-century modern chair perfectly!

• Reply Chichi furniture February 7, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Wow, I don’t think any of these can ‘avoid’ the eye – stunning fabrics and colour. My favourite is the country vibe as I could use that in my home – my rooms aren’t big enough for anything too heavy, I also love the 4 cushions on the chair, beautiful colours. The prints are great but would definately need a large , white room to work well. I love how you can bring anything to life with a fab upholstered piece.

• Reply Katja February 7, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Really interesting and eye-catching fabrics! I like the blue collection most, especially the chair.

• Reply Emma alviti February 8, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Scion have such refreshing products – love the painterly effects and naive quality