Colourful Decorating Ideas For Compact Living

Bemz-new-collectionBemz-ikea-fabric-coversyellow-pink-interior-designcolorful-striped-sofabemzbemz-furniture-covers

I’m feeling inspired today by the colour and pattern combinations Bemz have pulled together for their latest story, Compact Living. I’ve blogged about Bemz last year but this new story inspired me even more than their last. If you’re new to this company let me quickly explain the concept: they offer a range of covers that fit a variety of IKEA furniture so you can personalise pieces to perfectly fit the decorating scheme you are working on. Clever, right? Perhaps it’s because this latest feature focuses on how to use colour and pattern in smaller spaces or maybe it’s because I’m just totally hooked on hue, but either way this combination of bold brights and striking stripes are doing it for me big time today. These covers show how you can introduce both strong hues and pattern into small rooms without it being overbearing – try a pink and white stripe fabric to make a feature out of a couch-meets-daybed solution, or why not cheer up the windows of your rental by knocking up some curtains? (I did this recently and see my curtain DIY, here.) Which Bemz furniture covers do you like best, friends? Have you ever updated IKEA furniture with a favourite fabric?

// Photography by Bemz

You Might Also Like

• Reply Vic @ Cush & Nooks February 22, 2013 at 12:12 am

I am such a huge fan of bold stripes – love all of these. My two favs are the pink & white daybed and the blue & white sofa. x

• Reply Kathi February 22, 2013 at 1:52 am

love these bold stripes! but I think my favorite may be the black floral cover!

• Reply maureen February 22, 2013 at 3:12 am

striped + bright hues seem to always look so good together!

• Reply Amy @ Milo and Mitzy February 22, 2013 at 5:56 am

Wow, this is amazing. I dont do colour a huge amount but if I did this is how I would do it. Love the bold stripes.

Amy x

• Reply Eva February 22, 2013 at 9:00 am

Lovely spaces and fresh colours! Your recent posts inspire me to add some fresh stripes to our decorating scheme! :-) The Marimekko cover is really striking, but I think I’d go with solid colour if I’d buy a cover, after all …

A couple of years ago I recovered an Ikea desk chair I got second hand. You can see the result here:

It was a really satisfying project and because the desk chair is not that big, it was really quite manageable. I’d like to cover an ottoman some time in the future, I think those cubes of colour and pattern always add so much to a space! :-)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 22, 2013 at 9:40 am

@Eva – Thanks so much for sharing your IKEA desk chair makeover – it looks FAB!

• Reply Polly Rowan February 22, 2013 at 10:31 am

Love all those bold stripes! So fun x

• Reply rachie @ a chi chi affair February 22, 2013 at 11:20 am

Love the mix of stripes and patterns and so much colour!!

• Reply susan February 22, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Very cool…might be perfect for our playroom!

• Reply Tonia February 22, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I can always depend you on for awesome happy color combinations! I love the pink and yellow together.

• Reply Charlotte February 22, 2013 at 11:22 pm

I love the colour palettes in these, they work really well. And those poster prints are great!