10 Things I Learned & Loved This Weekend

1. How sweet is this flower cart with its stripy mint awning?
2. My friend, Emelie, kindly gave me this little red Dala Horse, which quickly made itself at home in my apartment.
3. After making croissants last weekend this weekend I attempted pain au chocolat for the first time. What can I say? I love pastries!
4. I spotted this slogan on a quick Saturday morning visit to IKEA – do you think they knew Mr. Bazaar was coming?!
5. Wearing bright polka dot socks makes me smile.
6. I’m really pleased with my new business cards.
7. Love this typewriter card from Dicky Bow paper goods.
8. How fab are the hand-painted details on this stoneware cereal bowl by Da Terra Stoneware?
9. This envelope magazine holder by Goodwin and Goodwin is great for adding a dash of quirky style to a home office.
10. Love the colour options available in the 80th Anniversary version of the Artek Stool 60.

• Reply vv February 24, 2013 at 2:52 pm

those business cards – brilliant & perfectly fitting! i love ‘em. xo

• Reply Barbara February 24, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Will! Another inspiring bolt of color from across the pond. Thank you! Congrats on the business card – its lovely. And I hadn’t known about Dicky Bow – thanks for the introduction to that super stationery. Always happy to learn about the bright things you share. besos, B

• Reply Caroline @trend-daily February 24, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Those pain au chocolat look absolutely professional Will-and your business cards-gorgeous :-) xx

• Reply tim@designmaze February 25, 2013 at 12:12 am

Hope you had a great one Will! Chris and I spent the entire weekend sleeping, eating, and then sleeping again. I am feeling a little better finally but still not out of the woods yet. This deadly cough I am telling ya!

Lacking motivation to do anything over the past week, I am happy to see your new business cards and those fun polka dot socks! Will have to try out those pastry recipes when Chris and I are back to normal again.

I did get my friend to go pick up 2 of the black and white BILLYS from IKEA thanks to your preview! She is loving it and now I am trying to figure out how to work them into the room :)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 25, 2013 at 9:35 am

Sorry you’re not quite 100% yet, Tim but pleased you are at least feeling a bit better. Excited to see how you work those BILLYs into your friend’s place!

• Reply Louisa Blackmore February 25, 2013 at 9:44 am

A lovely colourful start to Monday, thank you Will!

It is grey and snowy outside so having you pop up on my screen is the perfect antidote. In fact, they should prescribe Bright Bazaar for those suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder :)

Have a fabulous week!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 25, 2013 at 9:46 am

@Louisa – Yes, I think colour is the perfect antidote to SAD! Wishing you a wonderful week, too!

• Reply Maryam in Marrakesh February 25, 2013 at 10:53 am

Can’t get over those pains au chocolats! Wow! Looks like they came straight out of a fine boulangerie. Very impressive, Will!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 25, 2013 at 10:58 am

@Maryam – Thank you! I used a recipe from Emmanuel Hadjiandreou’s book How To Make Bread – a great title!

• Reply tOLA February 25, 2013 at 11:58 am

Loved number 7 and number 9! Where did you get your cards printed Will?

Oh and by the I was on the Laura Ashley blog yesterday and saw your video for the S/S13 Collection. You did pretty well, perhaps a future in TV presenting?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 25, 2013 at 12:03 pm

@Tola – Thank you for the kind words about the video! The cards were printed on Luxe paper by Moo.

• Reply Erica February 25, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Beautiful post – Dala horses hold a special place in my heart as my great grandmother was Swedish. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Corinne - Emerald Green Interiors February 25, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Love your new business cards. Who did you use to print them? They seem to have such a nice mat finish.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 25, 2013 at 3:37 pm

@Corinne – Thank you! I had them printed by Moo using their Luxe option.

• Reply Hege February 25, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Did you really make those pain au chocolats? They look amazing! Happy new week! hx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 25, 2013 at 3:42 pm

@Hege – Yep! My fiance and I made them using a recipe from Emmanuel Hadjiandreou’s book, How To Make Bread – well worth a read if you like baking! x

• Reply geraldine February 25, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Most impressed with the croissants and pain au chocolat Will. Also, love the business card – I’m happy to be in possession of one. Have a lovely week x

• Reply Corinne - EMerald GreeN interiors February 25, 2013 at 4:33 pm

@Will, I kind of thought they were :) it’s such a great product.

• Reply janis-pinecone camp February 25, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Love the minty awning! Those pain au chocolates look pretty amazing as well. Now about those business cards – they look so happy and colourful. I would expect nothing less ;)

• Reply Lena February 25, 2013 at 11:26 pm

That cereal bowl! So good. I love that it is such a unique and characteristic piece. And you can be proud of your little pastry adventures. I am impressed, they must be really difficult to make. Have a great week!

• Reply susan February 26, 2013 at 1:06 pm

*love* your cards Will…perfect!

• Reply Ashleigh (Act on Inspiration) February 27, 2013 at 8:30 am

Your business cards look fantastic – love the stock! Good choice =D

• Reply Helena - A Diary of Lovely February 27, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Will, I love your new business cards, perfect for you!