10 Things I Learned & Loved This Weekend

1. I loved going for a walk in the countryside in my new green chinos on the first sunny day in weeks.
2. The latest issue of The Simple Things magazine dropped onto my doormat on Saturday morning – check out the colourful cover!
3. The England countryside never fails to impress me with its beauty.
4. I love being inspired by colour when I least expect it, just like the yellow and blue hues of this weathered door.
5. I think I might have to get some neon gift tags to stock up my stationery cupboard.
6. Although there’s about a billion steps, I really enjoyed making croissants from scratch for the first time. (I’ve wanted to do this ever since I saw Meryl Streep make them in It’s Complicated!)
7. Don’t you think this Rise & Shine print is perfect for spring?
8. Copper is enjoying an en vogue season right now; this disk pendant from Michele Varian is divine.
9. This arrows cushion has colour and charm written all over it.
10. I just can’t get enough of 50s-inspired pieces at the moment, including this turquoise couch from Sentou.

• Reply susan February 19, 2013 at 1:58 am

love all your fun colored pants will!

• Reply Meghan @ Wishful Thinking February 19, 2013 at 7:42 am

Will, your baking prowess never fails to amaze me! Croissants from scratch? You are a very very brave man! Loving your green chinos too!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 19, 2013 at 7:47 am

@Meghan – Thank you! I had my fiancΓ© to help me, so even though there were lots of steps having two pairs of hands helped a lot! x

• Reply Greta February 19, 2013 at 8:27 am

Looks like you had a lovely weekend! Also just love that blue sofa! The colour is amazing!
    Have a nice day :)

• Reply WeHeartHome February 19, 2013 at 8:56 am

Oh my, Will! Those croissants look perfect! Good job :)

I’m so on board with the copper trend, I love the “soft” quality of this metal and that lamp is a great choice.

And Sentou is really fun! Thanks for the intro.

Xx. Holly.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 19, 2013 at 8:57 am

@Holly – I was introduced to Sentou at Maison et Objet this year and I’ve been hooked ever since! x

• Reply Anya February 19, 2013 at 9:39 am

Hi Will, I LOVE how sunny it looks where you are, and the new chinos rock the Spring look. Happy Tuesday to you – have a fab one,

• Reply Rebecca Portsmouth February 19, 2013 at 10:39 am

What BEAUTIFUL croissants! They look amazing!

• Reply Lindsey February 19, 2013 at 11:40 am

Next time you’re in Paris, let’s take a class at La Cuisine Paris together – croissants, macarons ,you name it!

• Reply Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} February 19, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I’m so impressed by your croissants! NOM! Your weekend looks perfectly lovely! x

• Reply Laura Bear February 19, 2013 at 2:07 pm

wow those croissants!!! I need one right now! Looks like a wonderful weekend.

• Reply Chloe Moon February 19, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I have to look for the new issue of The Simple Things! It is really hard to find it in the U.S. Your crossiants are beautiful and I’m in love with that couch!!! =)

Have a great week!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 19, 2013 at 3:23 pm

@Chloe – Thanks! I know The Simple Things is sold through Barnes & Noble in the US. Hope that helps!

• Reply elli by studio34E February 19, 2013 at 5:11 pm

croissants???oh now you speak to my heart!!

• Reply Tina @Flying House February 19, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I have totally been eying that sofa! They had a coordinating chair and I have been searching Denmark for it because the shop that did carry it sold out.

• Reply LatteLisa February 19, 2013 at 8:29 pm

those croissants … mon dieu, they look perfect
    and I would love to leaf through The Simple Things

• Reply mikky February 19, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Those neon tags are da bomb! Love ‘em!

• Reply Gloria February 20, 2013 at 3:00 pm

What recipe did you use for the croissants? They look scrumptious!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 20, 2013 at 3:01 pm

@Gloria – They were yummy! I used a recipe in Emmanuel Hadjiandreou’s book, How To Make Bread.

• Reply tim@designmaze February 20, 2013 at 6:02 pm

love those green chinos!! TopMan? I have to go check them out again. so need to do a spring cleaning (closet edition) soon. so much clothes!

your bakery looks delicious! maybe you need to share the recipe here with us :)

Love Michele Varian and I brought this home from NYC with me during my last visit:

loving that little settee as well … super adorable.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 20, 2013 at 6:06 pm

@Tim – Thanks, Mr! The recipe was from Emmanuel Hadjiandreou’s book, How To Make Bread – you should try it!

• Reply tim@designmaze February 21, 2013 at 1:21 pm

will have to look it up … maybe chris and I will try it this weekend :)