Video: Mr. Bazaar & Laura Ashley’s S/S13 Range

Remember this behind the scenes Instagram snap? It was taken back in November last year when I headed to Laura Ashley’s press show in London to film a video tour of their Spring/Summer 2013 collection, and here it is! I was really impressed by how much colour I saw across the the three collections: Coastal, Palace Gardens and Bloomsbury, but it was the latter that really captured my imagination. The Bloomsbury collection is a reinvention of their original Bloomsbury collection from the 1980’s and is part of the company’s 60th anniversary celebrations. The brand might be 60 years old but this collection shows that there’s a still plenty of youth at their heart! I love the core colour palette of grape, amethyst and yellow that stretches across the range. In fact, I recently started redecorating my home office in similar tones so the collection couldn’t be better timed. You can take a look at all three themes from Laura Ashley’s new collection in the video above – what’s catching you eye, friends?

// Photography and video by Laura Ashley

• Reply Annette January 24, 2013 at 12:31 am

super cute video you were really good bravo!

• Reply Lucy January 24, 2013 at 1:09 am

the marina jar lamp is lovely!

• Reply tim@designmaze January 24, 2013 at 3:10 am

Love the tour!! you are such a natural and you audition for a TV show! Love your outfit of course and I am with you, that Bloomsbury collection is definitely my favourite! It is playful, colorful, and it simply makes me HAPPY!

can’t wait to shy your home office FRIEND!

• Reply Ana January 24, 2013 at 4:22 am

Great collection, especially the floral pattern. Love it!

• Reply Ice Beautiful January 24, 2013 at 10:08 am

You look great in this video – just meant to be in front of the camera! Coastal collection with marine lamp is my favorite – can not get enough of all these shades of sand and blue!

• Reply Chichi furniture January 24, 2013 at 11:05 am

Morning, what a fab collection. I am loving the marine lamp and the fact you can personalize/update it when you fancy a change. Love the colours of the Bloomsbury collection. Purples/Blueberry colours seem all the rage and are beautiful, classy and warm. Bring on the spring :O)

• Reply Rachel {Little Bits of Lovely} January 24, 2013 at 11:11 am

The bloomsbury collection is gorgeous! Loved your tour Will, you rock these videos! xx

• Reply caroline @trend-daily January 24, 2013 at 12:47 pm

You’re just so watchable lovely. Have to go back for a repeat to look at the fabrics now! Great! :-) x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 24, 2013 at 12:49 pm

@Caroline – Thank you! I did the whole thing unscripted and without having seen any of the products before so there was no time to plan links, but I think it came out OK! :) x

• Reply Lindsey January 24, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Since I don’t get to hear your voice very often *sniff* it’s such a pleasure when you post these videos! as I’ve said before, how long before we see you on your own show? Love the happy colors!

• Reply samantha January 24, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Laura Ashley do do the coastal/seaside look really well, love the lamp/jar idea, living on an island surrounded by beaches and sea its hard not to love this kind of style.
    I’m loving those painted tin cans too, that’s such a DIY project waiting to happen if you don’t mind getting your hands covered in paint….

• Reply latteLisa January 24, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Another fun video … you’re so good at this!

That first chair in the video was one of my favourites; it just looks so bright and summery. I wouldn’t mind having some of their dining chairs … maybe one day.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 24, 2013 at 4:18 pm

@Lisa – Thank you! Yes, the bold print of the Wallace fabric really suits that armchair.

• Reply Tina @Flying House January 24, 2013 at 7:48 pm

You are so cute on film! You should definitely do more videos! I had to rewind… did you really say you were born in ’87? I feel so old! :-) Thanks for the peeks!

• Reply hollie@miafleur January 24, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Fab video! Love the concept of the marina jar lamp too.. though it’s a little neutral for me, so I think I’d brighten it up with some colourful balls of wall inside perhaps! The dove grey and cerise colours in the Palace Gardens range are lovely too..

• Reply PETROS January 25, 2013 at 12:19 am

These paint pots are great! Will they be available on Laura Ashley’s online shop cause I couldn’t find them…?

Oh, great presentation, too; as always!

• Reply Cystal January 27, 2013 at 1:16 am

I love that purple sofa.

• Reply susan January 29, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I could listen to you talk all day…fabulous coverage Will!