Scandinavian Design Collective: Kauniste

KaunisteKauniste-swedish-homewaresKauniste-cushionsKauniste-totesKauniste-textilesKauniste-products

Don’t you love it when you happen upon a brand that really excites you? This happened to me when I found Kauniste recently. The brand is a collection of talented young Scandinavian graphic designers and craftsmen who aim to create products that last beyond seasonal trends. And, well, they do just that: their range is packed full of timeless pieces suitable for cherishing year after year. I like how the designers combine unique modern designs and implement them onto the pieces using traditional screen printing skills; it’s this charming mix of old and new that brings interest and heart to each of their designs. I have my eye on their Metsa cushion cover but which pieces do you like best?

// Photography by Kauniste

You Might Also Like

• Reply Maria @ Scandi Home January 30, 2013 at 12:28 am

I’m a huge fan of Kauniste and so proud of another great Finnish line!

• Reply Audrey - This Little Street January 30, 2013 at 1:23 am

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Didn’t know them, thanks for sharing, Will!

• Reply senorita January 30, 2013 at 1:37 am

My friends in Brooklyn have a Scandinavian store for home decor. They are having a huge success in that part of New York… I love to go there and get some of their cool designs… I will have to show them your post; they will be thrilled!!

• Reply Amy @ Milo and Mitzy January 30, 2013 at 2:00 am

Wow Will I adore these cushions especially that bright royal blue. Have a great day. Amy x

• Reply Caroline @trend-daily January 30, 2013 at 9:39 am

They have such wonderful designs-beautiful :-)

• Reply Gerard @Walnutgrey January 30, 2013 at 9:47 am

Trends are at the forefront of my mind at the moment having just written a post on the “scourge of the trend.” It’s great to see designers being upfront about their desire to make products that last beyond seasonal trends.

Thanks for the intro to Kauniste. I do like their Sokeri design.

• Reply Anya January 30, 2013 at 10:49 am

Hi Will, l adore their stuff – such a cool collection. My favorite is probably the spotty pattern – love spots:) Happy day to you,
    Axx

• Reply Gudy Hrder January 30, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Why is it that Scandinavian brands have such an amazing color feeling?

• Reply lisaroy January 30, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Thanks for the intro! Reminds me of the fantastic designs of Marimekko. I love that the names are Finnish words so I get to practice my native language that I haven’t spoken since I was a child. The pillow you like means Forest :)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 30, 2013 at 5:05 pm

@Lisaroy – Great to know; thanks for leaving a comment to let me know! :)

• Reply Sarah @ Curio January 30, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Hmm…. I definitely need more royal blue in my life and I LOVE the tea towels.

• Reply Valentina Appuntidicasa January 30, 2013 at 5:53 pm

love love love and only love for scanadinavian style and colors

• Reply Silkie January 30, 2013 at 5:57 pm

They are fab! I spotted their stand at Home and they were definately straight onto my list of new design crushes!

• Reply Chloe Moon January 30, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I just love that bright blue pillow and apron!! =)

• Reply Hege January 30, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Love them! Nice discovery! hx

• Reply geraldine January 30, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Love Kauniste. So coincidental that you did this blog post – I was actually off on a mission this Sunday to Couverture and the garbstore to buy the cushion. Unfortunately, it was shut! Had a good stroll around Portobello anyway. Looking forward to your talk this weekend :)

• Reply Jennifer Young January 31, 2013 at 1:41 am

I’m falling hard for Kauniste!!

• Reply tim@designmaze January 31, 2013 at 3:51 am

fun!! so playful and what a pop of color and pattern in a natural space for fun and happiness! my favourite has got to be the woodland scene!

• Reply Tereza January 31, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I’m a huge fan of Scandinavian design so it’s no surprise that i have fallen in love with each one of these spectacular fabrics.
    Have a nice Friday!
    Tereza

• Reply WeHeartHome February 1, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Fabulous find Mr. Bazaar! Thanks for sharing, will be following these lovely people :)

Xx. Holly.

• Reply megan / petitely February 2, 2013 at 2:31 am

this is adorable. i love scandinavian designs. these would go perfectly with my friend pei’s stationery! (www.pei-design.com)