MT Casa: Three Ways To Add Temporary Colour

MT-CASAMT-CASA-tapeMT-Casa-Tape-ideasMT-casa

Since I graduated from university I’ve lived in rented apartments, so I’m always delighted to discover design ideas that offer the opportunity to bring temporary colour into a space. MT Casa, an initiative from the folks behind the much loved MT Washi Tape, provides one such solution with tape that is designed to be used across household objects and walls. I especially love the idea of covering kitchen cabinets or ugly appliances with a bold colour block stripe; the perfect way to add a personalised touch to a rented kitchen. If you’re happy with your kitchen, why not try the tape on a pair of lampshades either side of the sofa or to make a statement from a basic coffee table? I think this is a fun way to add interest and creativity to affordable pieces of furniture – ideal when you’re just starting out! MT Casa tape is also great for bringing smaller quirky colour touches into your home – I couldn’t help but smile when I saw those piano keys adorned with brightly coloured tape. Are any of these playful colour ideas capturing your imagination, friends?

// Photography by MT Casa

• Reply lenya January 31, 2013 at 1:50 am

loooooooooving the tape over the piano keys – how unexpected!

• Reply tim@designmaze January 31, 2013 at 3:54 am

can’t believe that’s all tapes! must take a while to do them but what an impactful way to inject color in a space, especially when in a rental where you can’t do anything permanent to the walls!

are you taping in your home MR?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 31, 2013 at 7:54 am

@Tim – In my home office to bring colour to the bookshelf and magazine files! :)

• Reply jon January 31, 2013 at 6:06 am

i wish i had plain smooth walls- my walls are all textured, which makes these types of stickers look bad. ugh. otherwise i’d be taping up EVERYTHING!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 31, 2013 at 7:53 am

@Jon – That’s annoying! Guess you’ll have to stick to appliances and furniture for now, which is still fun! :)

• Reply Abbey@Gild&grace January 31, 2013 at 10:22 am

What a clever idea Will! Loving those pink striped cupboards :)

• Reply Hege January 31, 2013 at 10:26 am

You’ve got to love masking tape! I think it’s brilliant that they have got larger once out now! Nice post. hx

• Reply Tina from A Few Pretty Things January 31, 2013 at 11:44 am

I love the kitchen, what a fun and cute idea!

• Reply Preciously Me January 31, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I love this colorful kitchen!!!
    Perfect to brighten your day!

• Reply Sammy FROM STELLA + CHARLIE January 31, 2013 at 5:49 pm

the piano literally made my day!

• Reply allie January 31, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Are there any sites in English to buy these tapes?

• Reply tina @ colourliving January 31, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Oh, didn’t know Washimatta site.. thanks for that.

Wow, MT mega mania has well and truly arrived. I’ve seen some great applications on flooring… don’t know about all theses applications but I love the initiative to show people what can be done… you are absolutely right about rental places. That’s certainly one way of modifying.

Have a great trip. No doubt you’ll rock!! x

• Reply Elli @studio34e blog February 1, 2013 at 7:34 am

Oh my!!!! I love the pink stripes!!!And th piano idea .. adorable!!!
    Great post my friend!!!
    So happy!
    Have a nice weekend!

• Reply Something Gorgeous February 1, 2013 at 9:56 pm

It looks amazing but I don’t think I could be so brave. G.x

• Reply Margarida February 1, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I love this! I saw the MT Casa at the Top Drawer and I thought this would be perfect for my room – in a rented house!

• Reply Hampshire Furniture February 4, 2013 at 11:52 am

This is a really interesting concept. I know that Washi tape is hugely popular in crafting so it’s great to see craft and interiors merge to create a really cool, contemporary look. I’d be frightened of taping my cabinets in rented accommodation but it’s definitely something I’d do if I owned a place.

• Reply RACHEL February 5, 2013 at 2:30 am

I’ve been using MT Casa tape in my upstairs studio and I am absolutely smitten. It is so easy to use and it leaves no damage or residue. I could go washi tape crazy on my walls over here!