BRIGHT.LIFE

10 Things I Learned & Loved This Weekend

toast_yellow_hanging_pendant_cordcolorful_stripe_watch_strapcologne_cathedralvintage_soda_boxes

1. This yellow pendant light from Toast was the perfect addition to my home office, which I’m decorating in the style of my Candy Crush colour cocktail.
2. I like the mix of traditional and new elements on my desk thanks to this wooden daily calendar that sits in front of my iMac; there’s something very satisfying about rolling the star along to the correct date each morning.
3. Seeing the Woodland Treasures feature I edited for The Simple Things magazine in print.
4. Wearing the limited edition Hudson’s Bay Co. stripe watch that my pal Tim kindly gave me for Christmas.
5. The little anchors on these scented drawer sachets are very cute!
6. On Sunday I headed to Cologne, Germany to attend IMM Cologne; I love how the spires of the city’s Cathedral pieced the clear blue winter sky.
7. This Je T’aime pillow reminded me how neon coral and grey get it on so darn well!
8. This Industrial Yellow Pendant from West Elm is crying out to be hung in a pair above a kitchen island unit.
9. I ordered this green Straight Twill Blanket from Fine Little Day for my new aubergine and racing green bedroom palette.
10. Seeing these colourful vintage-style soda boxes are made me lust after barmy summer nights!

• Reply Amy @ Milo and Mitzy January 14, 2013 at 1:28 am

Oh I want want want that yellow pendant light. fab finds. Amy x

• Reply chantelle January 14, 2013 at 2:29 am

Ohhhh there are so many items I saved on my decor wishlist right now. Love this list!

• Reply tim@designmaze January 14, 2013 at 2:35 am

Love your finds Will! The yellow cord is perfect for your bright office and I love those wooden birdies too. Have a family of those in my home.

The green blanket is surely fun… I now have my eyes on the yellow twist a twill!

Have a fantastic time in Cologne!

• Reply Michaela @ Simple Domesticity January 14, 2013 at 6:28 am

The pendant lights are fantastic! Especially with the vintage bulbs. Also, I love the anchor sachets. :-)

• Reply Anna Simmonds January 14, 2013 at 8:05 am

That wooden daily calendar is fantastic! I don’t know if I’m just seeing it so much because I love it myself, but I’m really enjoying all the yellow I’m seeing this January.

• Reply Meghan @ Wishful Thinking January 14, 2013 at 12:33 pm

That Je T’aime Pillow WILL be mine before the week is up! Hope you have a wonderful week Will!

• Reply Barbara * Double Bravo Designs January 14, 2013 at 3:01 pm

So many wonders, Will! I did have to pipe in about the Timex watch – I LOVE IT! I am a bit of a watch snob and prefer vintage diver watches BUT I lately purchased a Timex in that series – for a lighter option – the grosgrain ribbon ‘got me’ and the face is a delight. Hooray that you found it too and that you find it so perfectly fitting. Yay!

• Reply maureen stevens January 14, 2013 at 3:08 pm

love that blanket! And the Cologne Cathedral…heavenly! On the other hand, I loved ur little Q & A with Holly in the West Elm catalog, so candid!

• Reply Anya January 14, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Oh I am so very fond of the Je T’aime cushion. -lovely lovely,
    Ax

• Reply Amy - bead bash January 14, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Some lovely lighting options in there, and I love that Je t’aime pillow! I hope you are enjoying cologne :-)

• Reply Stilheimat / Jan January 14, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Will, it’s been great sharing time in Cologne and meeting you. Hope you returned home safely and keep the sun in #6 in good memory. Best of luck for the next journeys and hope to meet again soon!

• Reply susan January 15, 2013 at 8:54 pm

That cathedral is so beautiful!

• Reply Natasha @ smorish January 16, 2013 at 11:22 am

Love that Je T’aime pillow! So simple yet so gorgeous. I agree, coral and grey are a winner colour combo!

• Reply Erica January 16, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Hey,

Is there something wrong with your site? I haven’t been able to view images and everything is links, black, white and sad. Just missing some bright bazaar over here on this side of the Atlantic.

Erica