Colour Palette: Green-On-Green Entryway

Well, well, well, this is quite the scheme to make all the other houses on your street green with envy! Don’t be fooled by the clean lines as although this hallway appears to be simply decorated it's actually a very well-considered space. When layering one shade on top of another from within the same colour family, in this case green on green, it's important to pick an accent shade that differs in tone from the other. This entryway is a fine example of how to execute this approach in a real life scheme as the rustic weathered tolix chair is not only a juxstaposition to the high gloss clean lines seen in the rest of the space, but is also a key element for bringing visual depth to the narrow space. This is achieved by placing the darker green chair in front of the brighter and lighter wallpaper. I'd certainly be happy to see this each time I walked through my front door, especially with that adorable tennis racket wallpaper! What do you like about this entryway?

// Turner Pocock Cazalet

• Reply Vic @ Cush & Nooks December 13, 2012 at 3:21 am

I love a good entrance, and this one is gorgeous. The colour palette is divine, and fantastic styling. x

• Reply tim@designmaze December 13, 2012 at 3:26 am

funny how I didn’t really think of the different shades of green as they work so cohesively together in this entrance! Love the lesson on how to use green (not exactly the easiest hue to work with — hello army green) but it worked in this space!

Love the playful nature of the wallpaper and with the help of light airy console + white framed artwork + the weathered wooden floor, the overall look is dynamic and fun!

• Reply Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating December 13, 2012 at 3:48 am

Blue has long been my favorite color, but blueish greens like in the wallpaper have really been growing on me lately!

• Reply Sara @ literarylima December 13, 2012 at 5:45 am

Ahhh, the blog looks amazing!! What made you decide to change things up?

• Reply Anya December 13, 2012 at 8:30 am

I’m loving the different materials as much as the colours – a bit of iron, plastic, glass and wooden floors – FAB – and green makes the mind wake up. Happy day Will – colour injection perfect for a grey day,
    Ax

• Reply Emelie December 13, 2012 at 9:34 am

Love it , love it, love it! Even though I personally would go for a little bit more moss-green, brownish green. But I love the idea of same-on-same.

By the way, I didn’t say it before but I also love, love, love your new web design! So fresh and clean but still colourful!

• Reply weHeartHome December 13, 2012 at 10:03 am

Woah! Mr. Bazaar, this is too bright for my taste, lol! Still, it makes my eyes totally happy, I’m just not sure I could live with it.

Your tips about layering similar hues and visual depth are great!

Xx. Holly.

• Reply Kelly December 13, 2012 at 10:47 am

A fresh and lively entrance, I like green when you walk in the door, it’s welcoming, I really like the accent of the dark green.
    Really lovely, Also great new look for the blog.

• Reply leslie-anne December 13, 2012 at 11:16 am

I am enjoying the new look of your blog. This space is great. My favourite style is white and wood and lots and lots of colour.

• Reply Natalie Canning December 13, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I have a great love of chairs and this green one is just fabulous. The colours all work brilliantly together. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Rachie December 13, 2012 at 6:33 pm

i love green but not sure if i’m brave enough for the wallpaper! Its so striking though! x