Colour Palette: Rustic Kitchen Diner

If I ever need reminding of just how powerful colour can be in an interior space, then this would be the room to do it. Why? Well, take a moment to imagine this space without the weathered green factory pendant or the rustic blue stool and rug. Without them, I believe the space would be lifeless and seriously lacking in depth. The green pendant provides a visual break between the pale wooden dining furniture and the white cabinetry behind; this is important addition because it brings depth, while also drawing the eye down to the focal point of the room. Meanwhile, the texture and colour added through the blue Tolix stool and rug bring warmth to the milky white base palette. I love the subtle addition of purple through the blooms, too – green and purple are such a great combination! What do you like about this space?
// Skona Hem

• Reply Ashleigh November 15, 2012 at 12:33 am

Love this room! I have a big pendant light hanging above my dining room table….Thinking that a coat of paint might help the room POP! :)

xx Ashleigh

• Reply Tracey Ayton Photography November 15, 2012 at 1:12 am

Love love love this room. I like it all put together but I love the light and the chairs because they are both old and have character. The table is fabulous too.

• Reply kate November 15, 2012 at 1:27 am

I love everything about this kitchen. The pendant really draws your attention to the small, thoughtful touches – flowers, herbs, artichokes and oils.

• Reply mary @ BGjournals November 15, 2012 at 5:46 am

agreed. and the restraint in color used makes ensures that colors aren't too loud and competing for your attention—these colors still add pop without making the space feel too “bubbly”

• Reply Kate {domestikatedlife} November 15, 2012 at 1:55 am

That green is one of my favorite colors — I love how it pops against the white space!

• Reply Sheila of A Punch of Color November 15, 2012 at 4:27 am

Loving the green these days! Hope you are doing fabulous Will! :)

• Reply Elements November 15, 2012 at 6:29 am

Love the pendant light and I even like how the scratched off section on the white chairs works in with the colour palette. Your right in every way about the rest of the room. Perfect description of the space.

• Reply Tim November 15, 2012 at 6:44 am

i love that it feels warm and inviting with an edge. The rustic approach adds warmth to pure white, making it more livable, especially during those cold winter mornings. Of course I love the healthy doses of colors here and there from the pendant and the blooms!

• Reply Sofia - As We Travel November 15, 2012 at 7:35 am

Usually I don't like a room with too much white, but like you said the blues and greens play a vital role and makes it look really nice.

• Reply WeHeartHome November 15, 2012 at 9:15 am

Totally agree with your colour analysis Will. Thanks for sharing! :) Holly.

• Reply two hippos November 15, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Love the kitchen, I love the extra height wall cupboards – but I'm planning my new kitchen and looking for extra high units! The scrubbed wooden table and old metal stools are great together.

• Reply Atta Rehman November 15, 2012 at 12:30 pm

A great article indeed and a very detailed, realistic and superb analysis of the current
    and past scenarios.
    Architectural Walkthrough
    Architectural Visualization
    Architectural Rendering
    3D Animation
    Product Animation
    3D Modeling
    Corporate Presentation
    3D Images
    Real Estate Publicity
    Multimedia Presentation

• Reply FunkySteph November 15, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I love this room and I love using colors, but I find most interiors today are setup with neutral tones, making me feeling lonely on my color planet…

• Reply LatteLisa LisaHjalt November 15, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I love the colour palette of this space, the room has that warmth I long for even though the cupboards are white. And don't get me started on that flower vase!

• Reply Hege November 15, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I like it all! The extra height wall cupboards are fab.

• Reply Handan Altintas Pusatcioglu November 15, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Love this Scandivanian inspired kitchen…the light colors invite you to eat!

Love your blog!

• Reply Meghan @ Wishful Thinking November 15, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I tend to shy away from colours in big doses so this room is absolutely perfect for me! The first word that came to mind when I saw it was “harmonious” – which is just the kind of feeling I want in a kitchen! I love the whole casual feel too with the banquet bench and then those gorgeous white chairs!

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair November 15, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Very much liking the green light – its fab! x

• Reply Jessie @ Messy Jesse November 15, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Oh those units are to die for! I want those for my next house :) They have a lovely handmade look to them. xo

• Reply Lana {lanalou style} November 16, 2012 at 4:01 pm

You're right Will, without those touches of colour it would be so boring! But as it now, I absolutely love it. Especially the mismatched seating, the pendant light and the vase of flowers. Gorgeous! Have a fantastic weekend!

Ps waiting eagerly for your new site reveal!:)

• Reply Elli November 16, 2012 at 5:12 pm

What I like??The chairs is my love!!!Amazing kitchen Will!