Stationery Essentials: Happy Home Working

No matter what we use our home offices for – writing bestselling novels or just paying the bills – we undoubtedly like to have stationery essentials nearby. After blogging about Joules’ new bedding collection recently I was super excited to discover their stationery collection. I’m a massive paper geek and already have a little stockpile of notebooks, pencils and files that have caught my eye over the years. It’s ironic, I spend so much time working online and using new technologies yet I always opt to make lists and organise myself with the traditional pen and paper method. I’ve never found online organisers or list apps that useful. Does anyone else find that you can’t beat pen and paper for list making? As well as using stationery for all my list making, I like to keep copies of my expenses and receipts filed away by month to (attempt to!) keep organised ready for the dreaded tax return. I find drawers work really well for this as I can label them by month and keep other relevant paperwork inside as well. Boxes with lids work well for storing press packs, which I also group together by season for easy access when working on features. My final essential? OK, so it’s not stationery-related, but I spotted these dog beds and they were so adorable I couldn’t resist including them. After all, a pooch this sweet is a sure fire way to a happy workspace, right?! How do you use stationery to organise your home office?
// Home office photographed by Rachael Smith for Style at Home | Shopping products by Joules

• Reply Preciously Me August 24, 2012 at 7:58 am

I agree with you Will! A good pen and a piece of paper are still useful today because I use to make a lot of lists too 🙂
    Thanks for this beautiful find as I already like Joule's items!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar August 24, 2012 at 9:06 am

I don't know what I would do without all my lists, they keep me (semi!) organised. Have a great weekend!

• Reply Littletree Designs // Rebecca August 24, 2012 at 9:11 am

Loving that candy coloured workspace…yummy x

• Reply office furniture August 24, 2012 at 9:24 am

Thank you for posting the great content…I was looking for something like this…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs….Keep sharing

• Reply Gabrielle Treanor August 24, 2012 at 10:28 am

Well, you're preaching to the converted here, Will! You know how much I love stationery, that's why I design it as my job! I use plenty of technology too but there's no way it can completely replace the good ol paper and pen. There's just something special about writing in ink on a blank piece of paper in a new notebook. Or on a notepad, or a postcard or the list continues! Love that Joules are expanding their range into new areas, it's a great idea and I'm sure it'll be really successful.

• Reply Gild and Grace August 24, 2012 at 11:32 am

Sadly neither my real office nor my home office look anything like this fabulous fun space! I would love some gorgeous stationary like this! Have a great weekend Will 🙂

Abbey x

• Reply Susan August 24, 2012 at 11:48 am

Billy would love those beds!

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair August 24, 2012 at 2:41 pm

You are so organised!! Love this stationery x

• Reply Chica, Cienna, and Cali August 24, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I will cease to exist without my pen-and-paper to-do lists. In the digital world that we live in today, that's probably the only time I use a pen and paper 🙂 Fabulous stationery selection……and adorable pooch!

• Reply Gloria August 24, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I think I like those adorable dog beds as much as my French bulldog would!

• Reply Whitney Cosgrave August 24, 2012 at 8:58 pm

so cute! Great office storage advice.

• Reply Jessie August 24, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I love those pretty boxes with drawers, they are fun and fabulous!

Happy weekend, Will!

Jessie

• Reply Andi of My Beautiful Adventures August 25, 2012 at 1:59 am

I love love love those dog beds!

• Reply Daisy Rogers August 25, 2012 at 7:20 am

My Pet Sultan will really love those beautiful beds.You explained the topic very well. The contents has provided meaningful information. Thanks for sharing this valuable information.

• Reply Ani Grace August 25, 2012 at 7:25 am

Now a great time to shopping. I have never expected such great features at this rate. It is really more satisfying and reliable for me and takes away all the points in terms of…

sprzęt wędkarski

• Reply Pink and White August 25, 2012 at 4:13 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Reply Pink and White August 25, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Sorry to have removed my comment: I've just clicked on the wrong button. Anyway I was telling you that I love the home office photo you've posted and that I share your love for paper, pens, etc.
      Best wishes 🙂

• Reply Ownby Design August 27, 2012 at 7:57 pm

The dog beds are to cute!!! 🙂

• Reply Scatter Cushions May 12, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Love the dog beds!!!

• Reply Michael West January 31, 2017 at 4:28 pm

I really enjoy everything pinned up on the wall in front of the desk. . .and the thick shelf above that mirrors the look of the desk top. Well done!