Uncategorized

Happy Weekend: Mr. Bazaar at the Olympics!

On Thursday night I was lucky enough to experience a London 2012 Olympics event in person when I watched the Beach Volleyball at Horse Guard’s Parade in central London. I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences I’ve had all year; the atmosphere was electric and the setting was breathtaking. The temporary stadium set up in Horse Guard’s Parade feels quite intimate despite holding 15,000 spectators and provides the most amazing views of London’s famous landmarks, including the London Eye, The Shard and the BT Tower. After four hours of exciting play I left feeling inspired by these wonderful Games, lucky to have spent a joy-filled evening with my partner and reminded of how life really is what we make of it. Thank you all for your continued support of Bright.Bazaar, connecting with you daily continues to bring me so much happiness. Hugs to you all!
// Photography by Will Taylor

• Reply Cyndi Murdoch August 3, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I am intrigued by the creation of a temporary “beach” on the parade grounds – It's a great sport that is played a lot here in California….

• Reply Susan August 4, 2012 at 12:01 am

You bring ME happiness, and how awesome you were able to attend! Love the photos!!

• Reply Katherine August 4, 2012 at 1:21 am

Oh you lucky boy. I wish I could have hopped across the pond and taken in London and the games.
    have a great weekend.

• Reply Stacey August 4, 2012 at 2:53 am

Will, you seemed to have captured the essence of the game in your pics! They're awesome! I am living vicariously through you:-). Happy weekend! XX

• Reply Nadia August 4, 2012 at 6:39 am

I LOVE London and I'm sure it's a wonderful experience for londoners to host the Olympics!!!
    Enjoy and Thank YOU for bringing color into our lives β™₯

• Reply Bettina August 4, 2012 at 6:53 am

Wow how amazing you got to attend the Olympics!!!

• Reply tina August 4, 2012 at 7:02 am

Will, that' great. So happy you got to experiene this . I always love your enthusiasm for Tennis, the Olympics, for everything London and UK.

You captured the atmosphere brilliantly and I can imagine that watching Beach Volleyball in Horseguard Parade where we normally see Trooping the Colour must have been electric.

I'm still hoping to get to see the Olympic Park before I go away next week.

Have a great weekend and here's to Christmas:)

• Reply Elli August 4, 2012 at 8:05 am

wow so how lucky are you Will!!i love London!!!!happy weekend!!

• Reply Mowie August 4, 2012 at 8:54 am

Lovely photos Will! I was there on Thursday and I absolutely loved it – great, fun atmosphere! Couldn't believe how different Horse Guards Parade & St James's Park looked – completely transformed! Off to the men's water polo tonight – should be fun. GO TEAM GB!

• Reply Diego August 4, 2012 at 9:11 am

Beautiful images as usually Will πŸ™‚

• Reply Mimi Montgomery August 4, 2012 at 9:42 am

So happy you got to attend, Will!Your enthusiasm shows in your pictures…thanks for sharing your experience!

• Reply iheartsunnydays August 4, 2012 at 11:04 am

Gorgeous images Will. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful day. It would certainly be a thrilling experience πŸ™‚

• Reply Lauren August 4, 2012 at 11:50 am

So exciting! I love these images, and I just love that you got to see the beach volleyball. Of all the venues we've seen that might be my favorite. Good for you for taking advantage and having a blast!

• Reply Tonia B. August 4, 2012 at 12:02 pm

How wonderful you were able to attend one of the games at the Olympics!! How exciting? From your pictures we know you had a wonderful time!

• Reply Mat August 4, 2012 at 12:28 pm

so jealous man, so so much. looks like you had the time of your life

• Reply Anna @ IHOD August 4, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Totally jealous. Sounds amazing, and thank you for sharing the photos so I can feel a little what it was like;)
    Happy weekend Will!
    Anna

• Reply Junell August 4, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Such a fun post. Lucky you!

• Reply Tim August 4, 2012 at 1:08 pm

so jealous!! I'm sure the festivity ad olympics spirit is over the moon exciting right now. Enjoy the game and the weekend you stylish gent in that outfit!

• Reply Heather August 4, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Wow! I am so jealous – and that flag is so cool πŸ™‚

• Reply vosges paris August 4, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Great! I am not that much into sport but I can imagine it is great to experience the atmosphere of such a worldwide event! It is a bit like the SAIL thing we have every 5 year in Amsterdam I am not into boot (either LOL) but it i amazing to go there!

happy weekend
    desiree

• Reply Lost In Cheeseland August 4, 2012 at 5:42 pm

So jealous you got to go but how exciting! Lots of London pride !

• Reply Sips and Spoonfuls August 4, 2012 at 7:19 pm

For once I wished I still lived in London!!!

• Reply Ice Beautiful August 4, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Amazed by your great pictures and deeply moved by sincere words. Usually I feel the same after watching basketball. Thanks!

• Reply unfounddoor August 4, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Yes! The beach volleyball setting is amazing – Big Ben? Check! London Eye? Check! Beach full of Olympians?! Check!!
    Awesome pics and I'm totally envious that you got tickets too πŸ™‚
    Have been taking advantage of the tail end of my maternity leave by watching a LOT of Olympic c overage on the big screens in Hyde Park. I admit I was a little sceptical before (and still have my moments — Boris stuck on a zip line?!) but the atmosphere is so great, I am *loving* it!

(and I now internally soundtrack most things I do with the Chariots of Fire theme.)

• Reply Modern Country Lady August 4, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Awwwww big hug back! It looks great fun and I wish I had been there:-)
    Have a great Sunday and hope the apartment is getting together just as you like it.
    XOXO

Bea

• Reply Hoola Tallulah August 5, 2012 at 7:04 am

So glad you got to see it! I get a massive lump in my throat every time we get another mdeal and sing the national anthem, go team GB, so proud!

• Reply Gild and Grace August 5, 2012 at 10:18 am

Oh I'm so jealous Will!! How amazing to be there. We have been pretty glued to the screen here. I'm hoping for a few more Aussie golds this week…

Abbey x

• Reply Rachel {little bits of lovely} August 5, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Sounds like London is a pretty amazing place to be right now, the atmosphere must be electric! So wish I could be there too! Lucky you got to go to an event, I can't imagine how fun it must have been! xx

• Reply Heather Joy August 5, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Wow!! What an amazing life experience! Thanks for the reminder about how life is what you make it. I've been enjoying the games more than ever this year. It's also reminded me to strive for higher dreams. Thanks for sharing your life and style with us too, Will!

• Reply PrΓͺt Γ  Voyager August 5, 2012 at 7:14 pm

SO amazing, Will! My friend Margaret is heading to the finals on Wednesday. Incredible venue, truly.

Cheers,
    Anne

• Reply Nordic Bliss August 5, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Looks like you've had a fabulous time! I love the Olympics it is such a once in a lifetime experience. I am going to watch the handball semifinal on Thursday. Can't wait! The Scandi countries usually do well in handball so I am hoping at least on of them will be in the semifinal so I can cheer them on πŸ™‚

• Reply simplygrove August 6, 2012 at 3:04 am

That is SO awesome Will!!!!!

• Reply sfgirlbybay August 6, 2012 at 3:15 am

lucky guy! looks so beautiful!

• Reply Maureen at The Inglenook Decor August 6, 2012 at 3:29 am

awww, gorgeous, gorgeous images!and that flag is just the perfect cape…or scarf, pashmina maybe?

• Reply Claire August 6, 2012 at 7:56 am

Ahh! How amazing! I've been glued to the TV all week soaking up every bit of the Olympics I can… I've never watched so much sport in all my life! It must fantastic to actually BE there! Cherio from Singapore πŸ™‚

• Reply ECLECchic August 6, 2012 at 10:50 am

Oh, i can immagine how exciting it was!!

• Reply Erin | Holtwood Hipster August 7, 2012 at 12:06 am

I can absolutely feel the energy of London in these GREAT pics! I was just glued to the television yesterday, remarking how completely surreal it must've been for those Marathoners to be running through the historic streets of London. Just amazing stuff.

• Reply LatteLisa LisaHjalt August 7, 2012 at 2:51 pm