Sneak Peek: Adore Home Mag, Summer 2012

The Internet is such a wonderful invention, isn’t it? When its inventor, Sir Tim Berners-Lee, appeared in the London 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony it struck me again just how amazing it is. To think how this one man created a platform that has led to so many technological advances across our world – it’s mind blowing. Just one tiny slither of this amazing invention means we are lucky enough to soak up interiors inspiration from across the world at the click of a button (or the swipe of a finger for our iPad friends!). And this just what we are doing today as we take a trip to Australia for an exclusive first look inside Adore Home’s new digital issue, which is set to launch tomorrow. I’ve long been a fan of the Australian interiors scene – bold, fearless, exotic and full of colour, it rarely fails to disappoint. Our sneak peek starts with a tour of Threefold, a new food and wine bar in Melbourne with a great rustic-industrial design by Travis Walton. Next up we take a change in tone, with the calm and refreshing palette seen at the Bayshore Bungalows in Byron Bay – ideal for getting some nautical summer decor ideas. The third peek shows us the exotic, jungalow style of PAD (Passionate About Design) store in Sydney. I love the uber chic dark painted walls with bold flashes of Kelly Green accents. Finally, the issue is set to feature fifteen of the world’s top designers, stylists and landscapers, each giving their top tips to creating the perfect outdoor space. My favourite? It has to be a tie between David Jimenez’s Palm Springs retreat-like space and the city chic yellow and white themed Sydney terrace designed by Greg Natale. Enough of what I like, what do you like, friends?!
// All images courtesy of Adore Home magazine

You Might Also Like

• Reply Justina Blakeney July 30, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Oh Yes!
    you know I'm loving the Jungalow style here too! Kind of Hollywood Regency meets Jungalow. Major love!

• Reply elisa July 31, 2012 at 12:40 am

i'm very fond of the www, definitely!
    the way the industrial bar has used the old wine crates is quite striking, perhaps i'll steal a couple away from my children's toys and keep rows of preserves and cordials in them sometime.
    x

• Reply Tim July 31, 2012 at 1:42 am

Thanks for the sneak peek!! Love that industrial bar at the restaurant. It reminds me of Jamie Oliver's restaurant :)

The ocean blue and white nautical palette is always so fresh and delicate. I'm hunting down mint green & white stripe sheet set as we speak!

The mod, high contrast black and white + kelly green definitely hits top score on my book. My balcony is done in similar palette this year. Will share the link with you once it's live in a couple of weeks.

xo Mr!

• Reply FROM THE RIGHT BANK July 31, 2012 at 1:58 am

I had the same thought watching the opening ceremony! Imagine all the wonderful things and friends (especially good blog friends!) we'd be missing out on without it. xo

• Reply Maryann July 31, 2012 at 6:52 am

Love those dark walls and bright contrast of green! Breathtaking! Threefold sounds and looks like a place I have to try.

• Reply Rachel {little bits of lovely} July 31, 2012 at 6:59 am

Ooh this sneak peek looks amazing! I'm exited to see the PAD tour + Greg Natale's home; those views are just incredible xx

• Reply Birch + Bird July 31, 2012 at 7:40 am

Ooh, I just love that wine bar! Off to check out the rest of the issue now…
    ~Lily

• Reply BusiChic July 31, 2012 at 7:45 am

What a tasty visual feast to brighten up a wintry day in the office; thanks for the escape!

• Reply Jules July 31, 2012 at 10:35 am

Can't wait to read / drool over this issue! That industrial bar looks amazing, as do all of the spaces you've shared. Thanks for the sneak peek! Xo

• Reply Gild and Grace July 31, 2012 at 10:46 am

Oh can't wait to see more tomorrow! Love the wine bar and Byron bay is my favourite Aussie holiday spot :)

Abbey x

• Reply Junell July 31, 2012 at 10:48 am

Love, love, love the chaise with green pillows. That organizer behind divine.

• Reply Hege Sletsjøe Morris July 31, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Love the first images! hx

• Reply Gloria July 31, 2012 at 2:25 pm

My uncle happens to knows Sir Tim Berners-Lee! They worked together at CERN at some point. I'm loving that last outdoor space by Greg Natale – I'd drink a lot of mimosas under that sunny yellow and white awning :-)

• Reply heronkady July 31, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Thank you for this post!

• Reply Rachel from Birch + Bird July 31, 2012 at 4:03 pm

There is a lot to love there…but I'm with you on the terrace!

• Reply 1stdibs July 31, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Love these! Thanks for sharing

• Reply Pinecone Camp August 1, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Oh, the internet. What would we do without it? I might be a little less envious as I wouldn't have the chance to see so many amazing homes from all over the planet ;) I love that beautiful Sydney deck with the happy yellow and white awning. Amazing.

• Reply Una October 15, 2012 at 3:32 pm