BRIGHT.LIFE

10 Things I Learned & Loved This Weekend

1. I was pleased to find these red, white and blue stripe seat pads in the sale. They are ideal for softening these hard school chairs.
2. Of course, I had to hang some Team GB bunting to show my support for the team in their London 2012 Olympics campaign!
3. I snapped this evocative sunset as I walked to dinner with my mum on Saturday night.
4. Next time I’m in NYC, I’d like to visit Catbird to pick up one of their beautifully packaged candles.
5. Picking out your first olive tree with my heartmate was a special experience.
6. I spent Sunday making curtains whilst intermittently screaming at my TV during various Olympic events – fun!
7. Words cannot express how much my heart beats for this stripe yellow blanket from Father Rabbit.
8. My pencils spent most of the weekend flirting with this pencil cup!
9. I love this sophisticated and stylish tote from Hasso.
10. Graphic, colourful and stripy, this cushion combines three of my favourites!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Modern Country Lady July 29, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Wow your place is really coming together.Keep the olive tree safe from frost- I had one but i=t died one winter- and they are too special to lose!

• Reply Ferren July 30, 2012 at 9:40 am

I have some chairs like your #1 picture, but the bars are plain metal. I can't wait to figure out how best to paint them so I can get a colour boost!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 30, 2012 at 10:24 am

Hi Ferren! Have you considered spray painting the metal legs in your desired colours? Done right, this will give a lovely smooth finish. Good luck!

• Reply Ferren July 31, 2012 at 11:33 am

Hi Will– do you know if you need a specific type of spray paint (i.e. for metals)? Also, should I put a finishing coat over it?
      Fx

• Reply Gild and Grace July 30, 2012 at 11:07 am

I'm so impressed with your curtain making abilities Will! Some great finds there as always :)

Abbey x

• Reply Lianna July 30, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I am jealous! I am itching to buy myself a sewing machine! The curtains are going to be great!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 30, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I bought myself one last year, Lianna, and haven't looked back since! This is only the second pair I've made and it's not too difficult. I'm excited about this pair as I bought the fabric in the sale at Cath Kidston!

• Reply Rachel {little bits of lovely} July 30, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Those candles look amazing! Your curtains look really fun too :) xx

• Reply Samantha Green July 30, 2012 at 1:39 pm

seriously love the fact that you can make your own curtains! this is a skill i wish i had. just stumbled upon your blog and liking what i see a lot :) xx

• Reply king abdaoe July 30, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Thanks very possible, please visit my humble blog

ايجى4ماكسى
    ايجى4ماكسى

• Reply Cupcake Couture July 30, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I am so impressed by your curtain making – amazing! Love the fabric! x

• Reply house of earnest July 30, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I had to come over and see these curtains! You're so good to make them and I can't wait to see them hung!

• Reply Yvonne Eijkenduijn July 30, 2012 at 2:37 pm

You did it Will!! I was making curtains last week and it kept me thinking of you, how I should film a tutorial for you. But you did it, yay!! It's not too bad isn't it? I love that fabric!!!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 30, 2012 at 9:26 pm

It wasn't so hard – you were right! I'd still love a tutorial as I have lots of improving to do!

• Reply Kayla Poole July 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Ooooh! The glorious, magical light in number 3! And that pencil cup. And striped yellow throw. So many goodies in one place.

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair July 30, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Love that you are making curtains – I really need to get the sewing machine out too!! That candle is gorgeous and I am loving the bunting xx

• Reply LatteLisa LisaHjalt July 30, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Love the candles and I love the screaming at the TV ;-) Are you making your own curtains? Man, you put me to shame! I don't even have a sewing machine … yet.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 30, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Yep, this will be the second pair I've made now. Kinda proud of myself as it's all self taught! They're not perfect but at least I know I made them myself, you know?!

• Reply Andi of My Beautiful Adventures July 30, 2012 at 10:04 pm

That sunset pic is amaaaaazing!!!! My voice is gone from screaming at the TV haha.

• Reply Tim July 31, 2012 at 1:31 am

I love your curtains!! The accent fabric is so much fun and perfect for Mr. Bright Bazaar! Of course that yellow stripe blanket also had me at hello :)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 31, 2012 at 7:40 am

Thanks, Tim. I was so pleased to find the fabric for them on sale at Cath Kidston!

• Reply StarletStarlet July 31, 2012 at 9:08 pm

OHHHHH! How exciting!!! Which olive tree did you end up planting?

We picked our olive tree last year and we are so thrilled to have the handsome tree as part of our front yard. We have the manzanilla, who is giving about 10 olives at the moment (haha still a baby!)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar August 1, 2012 at 7:15 am

Our tree is a baby too and won't start fruiting for another couple of years I don't think! So excited to own one!

• Reply www.finelittleday.com July 31, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I need that nine!

• Reply Mat August 1, 2012 at 2:42 pm

those seat cushions are a must, can't do without them

• Reply Vicki August 1, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Love this series – and the pops of yellow!