The Conran Shop: Shed Chic Window Display

The beautiful sunshine in London over the past week or so has left me craving a garden of my own to curate and tender to under the warm summer sunshine. So you can imagine my delight when I happened upon this ‘shed chic’ window display in The Conran Shop here in London. How chic and striking is the black and lime green colour combination of the sheds themselves? I’d never have considered a black she before seeing these but I think they look great! The visual merchandising team have done an outstanding job of displaying their garden product in an inspiring manner. I especially like the little window shelf with the terracotta pots filled with succulents under bell jars. To me there’s something magical and playful about exploring the sheds within the windows. Creative window displays are so inspiring, don’t you think?!
// The Conran Shop

• Reply beautiful square feet May 30, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Great post! I've just painted my shed light blue and I'm really enjoying the new pop of colour in my garden. I'm pretty new to your blog after stumbling upon it in the nominees for the homies, but I really enjoy your writing. Also, for some reason I had assumed you were American and so, after reading this post about Conran in London I read the information about you in Meet Mr Bazaar and low and behold you're from the UK too! Lovely to make your aquaintance ;-)

• Reply Uncle Beefy May 31, 2012 at 12:00 am

I LOVE phenomenal visual merchandising, Will! (Maybe *that's* what I should be doing? But, I digress… ) This is spot on for sure!

• Reply chelsea May 31, 2012 at 12:39 am

love love love!!

• Reply Wendy May 31, 2012 at 12:46 am

wow! these are unlike anything I have seen before – fabulous!

• Reply Designwali May 31, 2012 at 2:47 am

absolutely fantastic. I know have the sudden urge to mow the lawn and buy this shed to put it in!

• Reply Cynthia Fox-Giddens May 31, 2012 at 4:17 am

Love these looks and the bright green is dazzling!

• Reply Splendid Willow May 31, 2012 at 4:30 am

Wowza! Brilliant on so many levels. Savvy stylists indeed.

And I never grow tired of Saarinen. Forever pieces.

Hope all is well with you, Will.

Hugs from Seattle

Mon

• Reply The Magical Christmas Wreath Company May 31, 2012 at 5:07 am

The vivid green on black is great. I did wonder who would need a feather duster in a shed but of course all sheds come with a resident spider so perfect. They have such a great merchandising display team at Conran. Love it.

• Reply ashley cooper May 31, 2012 at 8:14 am

How creative and cute!
    I know you like COLORFUL things, I am a textile designer with some new fabric designs that I am super excited about and I think you would LOVE them! You can check them out on my blog…let me know what you think!
    Have a great week!

-Ashley Cooper

• Reply sofa slipcovers May 31, 2012 at 9:45 am

Hey
    It is a bright light! Thank you for sharing your talent and wholesome information about with us.

• Reply Susan May 31, 2012 at 10:08 am

I would live in that!!

• Reply Krystal May 31, 2012 at 11:18 am

OMG I am so blogging this!

• Reply caroline @trend-daily May 31, 2012 at 12:10 pm

OMG-outstanding is not the word-completely amazing displays! We painted our posh shed/garden office black and have just finished the fences too-stunning and brilliant if you're a crap gardener like me as they look amazing even without plants. Thanks so much for sharing these Will-wonderful to see :-)

• Reply Julie-White Tapestry May 31, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I've been wanting a flower shed for so long but haven't spotted one that I've wanted yet, this one is amazing! Where can I find one??

• Reply Mary Middleton Design May 31, 2012 at 3:44 pm

We've just bought a shed for our garden. I now what to paint the inside as well as the outside – how cool do these look. I wonder what colour that green is? In love with Apple Smiles by Paper & Paints Library at the minute
    x

• Reply Alexa May 31, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Yeah. I want to LIVE in one of those! Gorgeous find!

• Reply Stacey May 31, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Yes, they are! I love, love this and the green contrasting with the black is absolute dynamite!!:-)

• Reply Tim May 31, 2012 at 9:24 pm

so much fun!! don't we just all want a little shed like this in our backyard? it takes up next to nothing space but totally living large! Love the country chic aesthetics and yet very contemporary application with colors and furnishings!

Got to love Conran shop! I think I'm due for another visit to London very soon!

• Reply Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne May 31, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I love visual merchandising! That is something you definitely do not get from “online” shopping. I agree that the little window with the terra-cotta plants are the cutest! I would be so stoked to see this display in person.

• Reply Jessie May 31, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Such stylish color combo! Love the black and green shed, never thought of such color palette before but this is so inspiring! The coolest shed I have ever seen!

Have a good day, Will!

Jessie

• Reply Mr. Glitter June 4, 2012 at 4:44 pm

May I please move in??

I also think the color is VERY stylish!

• Reply Jennifer Young June 5, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Definitely. Creative window displays always get my brain juices flowing! I agree with you–this one is brilliant!
    xo