Three Ways To Incorporate A SMEG Fridge

1. Bo Bedre |  2. MJG by Michael Wee | 3. Yvestown | Sponsored by Appliances Online | All opinions and layouts my own
Given my love for colour it will come as no surprise that I’ve always had a crush on SMEG fridges. Their array of candy hues make for my kind of sweet shopping! The extensive colourways on offer mean they are a versatile piece for a number of differently styled kitchens. Here I’ve shown three ways that I think you can rock a SMEG fridge at home. The first, Scandi Brights, shows how a colourful appliance can bring a statement, eye-catching dimension to an otherwise pared back space. Eclectic Mix, from the home tour of Sydney-based stylist Mr Jason Grant, takes a more subtle approach. Here we see how the fridge blurs into the space by surrounding it with worldly finds and colourful tablewares in a set palette of hues. Finally, Pastel Beauty, seen in all it’s glory here in Yvonne’s kitchen is a fine example of how to incorporate a SMEG fridge into a soft and delicate kitchen by teaming it with floral prints and accent pendants. If Mr. Bazaar was going to have a SMEG fridge it would definitely be the candy stripe design. What about you? Which would you pick?

• Reply Michelle February 28, 2012 at 12:20 am

LOVE them!! I will take the eclectic mix in pink… oh how I wish :)

• Reply Rachel from Birch + Bird February 28, 2012 at 1:07 am

I would love me a Smeg fridge,especially two side-by-side.

• Reply Michelle February 28, 2012 at 1:40 am

These fridges really are a stand out aren't they, full of character and personality

• Reply Melissa Simonetta | Stylist February 28, 2012 at 1:45 am

LOVE smegs!

• Reply Sarah Roads February 28, 2012 at 2:23 am

Can't pick, I love them all. Almost talked my friend into a SMEG recently but in the end she thought it was too small. Silly American, function is not the most important thing!

• Reply Inés February 28, 2012 at 2:36 am

If I´m going to have a SMEG fridge it would be the scandi bright design!!! I´ll make a wish….
    Big hugs Mr.Bazaar!

• Reply Rachel {little bits of lovely} February 28, 2012 at 4:32 am

I would buy one of these beauties in an instant if budget permitted – they are simply stunning! I do love a bit of country, so I would go for 2 or 3. So lovely! xx

• Reply Julia@a-living-space February 28, 2012 at 5:03 am

I love these! The “eclectic mix” set up is definitely my favorite, but i could have guessed that just by reading the titles. I'm definitely an eclectic mix kinda girl.

• Reply A and B February 28, 2012 at 5:44 am

Those fridges are fantastic! So much character packed into a little orange fridge!

• Reply Catherine February 28, 2012 at 6:42 am

So gorgeous. Love this and love your blog!!

Catherine (new follower)
    FEST (a new blog about food, style & travel)

• Reply Hannah February 28, 2012 at 6:47 am

2nd one for me- I would love a SMEG fridge!

• Reply Helen | Living Longingly February 28, 2012 at 7:35 am

Love them all, but the 2nd one is my favourite :) I'm convinced it would be very dusty though – as much as those with open shelves would deny it!

• Reply Chi @ Carousel February 28, 2012 at 8:51 am

Ahhh, Smeggie – how do I love thee? Let me count the ways ………
    I've dreamt of having one since ……. well, forever, really! :D

I would love to have one in my favourite colour – fire engine red …. *glazes over*

I love Yvonne's layout the best but the other photos are giving me some ideas for the unused space atop my rather boring Whirlpool number.

• Reply gabrielle February 28, 2012 at 9:33 am

The eclectic mix is my favourite. We treated ourselves to a Smeg when we moved into our new home, I was really tempted to go for duck egg but decided to play it safe and went for cream coloured so it can go in any future kitchen too. Drat being sensible!

• Reply Gild and Grace February 28, 2012 at 10:41 am

We were all set to get one of these divine smegs but we needed the bottom mount and it was too high for the gap! Shattering! That orange one looks fabulous :)

Abbey x

• Reply Helene @ Homebound February 28, 2012 at 11:24 am

pastel beauty is my fave! my creme coloured smeg would also fit perfectly in that theme. have a lovely day Will.

• Reply LatteLisa LisaHjalt February 28, 2012 at 11:42 am

On Bloglovin' I read “three ways to ignore a SMEG fridge” and I thought to myself: why on earth would Will want to ignore those! hahahaha

I have this wonderful future plan of incorporating one of these into my life ;-) The light blue one would be perfect because I want my kitchen to be a mix of white and oak and most of my kitchen accessories are light blue.

Off to daydreaming.

• Reply {northern cottage} February 28, 2012 at 12:41 pm

yes indeed – i'd LOVE to have a little cottage, on a little lake, with a little kitchen containing one of these darling little fridges! nice post!

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair February 28, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I sooo want that orange one! Its so cool! xx

• Reply rolala February 28, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I would so love to to make a SMEG fridge mine one day. The Scandi bright in orange would look great with my baby blue cabinets.

• Reply Olivia February 28, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Love the orange one !
    And love your blog Mr Bright Bazaar ;-)

• Reply Susan February 28, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I ADORE Smeg and will continue to dream of owning one!

• Reply ANETTESHUS February 28, 2012 at 4:34 pm

LOOOVE smegs!

• Reply Monica | Hola!design February 28, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I love smeg fridges! my favorite is the orange one!

• Reply Pinecone Camp February 28, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Will, you're making me crazy! I've been going on and on, to my husband, about getting a smeg. He just doesn't have the same love for them. ;)

• Reply Fran February 28, 2012 at 6:23 pm

I love, no, adore the SMEG fridges. So, so retro.

• Reply Sara in Oz February 28, 2012 at 10:44 pm

you are making me needy for an orange SMEG!

• Reply Ice Beautiful February 28, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Orange! (honestly, I like candy design best :) Smeg fridge gives kitchen its distinctiveness that is for sure! The color does need to be sacrificed.

• Reply deleite February 28, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I love the orange Smeg.
    I have been seen your blog and it like, your colours enjoy me and I like your way to see de decoration.

• Reply Lauren February 29, 2012 at 12:24 am

Oh my gosh! I love those fridges! Want! Orange would look awesome in my kitchen, but then so would yellow for that matter. No way I could convince the hubs though. Boo.

• Reply sarah | chevrons and stripes February 29, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Wow, the candy stripe is insanely awesome. I've always loved the look of Smeg's (I'd choose a seafoam green) but wonder if they're as functional as some of the more modern brands out there. I'd love to check out the inside of one one of these days. Though the sub-zero in our rental isn't exactly the most attractive, it certainly gets the job done!

• Reply Zara March 1, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Absolutely loving the orange one!! I think, I'd choose it over any other Smeg colours, though they are all so attractive!

• Reply scimmiapelosa June 6, 2012 at 4:30 am

I love your blog SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!! I was reading your article while deciding which color to get, and I went with the pastel blue. Now it's on it's way from New York!!! I've been in my new little flat in the North Beach area of San Francisco for about five months now and I'm so excited for it's arrival!!! My place is loft style, so unique freestanding furniture is essential! I think it'll go perfectly with my aquatic paintings and coastal blue Le Creuset cookwhere. Keep up the excellent posts!!!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 6, 2012 at 4:17 pm

How exciting! So pleased that the post helped you to make a decision and inspired the purchase of the beautiful pastel blue colourway! Happy new SMEG fridge day!

P.S. Thank you for the kind words :)

• Reply scimmiapelosa June 7, 2012 at 3:43 am

It's my pleasure! Any suggestions for small space utilization and incorporating rugs? I thought my Eames multicolored hang-it-all would contrast well with this rug
    Couch options you'd reccomend? You would know! Also, I visited Zara and loved their blazer selection. Once again, thanks for your help :)