Spring’s New Colour Palette

Lifestyle images scanned from Red, March 2012 and styled by Mary Norden, assisted by Sarah Keady | Photography by Polly Wreford
Products: Orange: throw, candle, table | Yellow: pendant, paint, bowl | Pink: lamp, chair, table
As the snow flurries fell peacefully (but very heavily!) in London last weekend, I let the Homes pages of the March Red magazine transport to me the sunshine filled days of spring. Their ‘pretty modern’ story demonstrated a variety of ways to combine bright hues of orange, yellow and pink. The key when combining these three colours is pick two ‘hero’ hues from the palette, mixing in the third sparingly to break the balance. This is seen above in the yellow vase on the dining table, breaking the pink and orange hues of the table cloth; or upon the orange Jonathan Adler chair where various shades of yellow throws are juxtaposed with a standalone pink cushion. This sunny palette is perfect for adding a lift to a pared back, modern space for the coming season. I liked it so much, I couldn’t help but pick products to match the look from three high street stores. What’s inspiring you about this shoot, friends?

• Reply claudia February 7, 2012 at 12:03 am

This is one of my all time favorite color combos. It's so happy and fun, how could you not love it?!

• Reply manvi @ mochatini February 7, 2012 at 12:23 am

OMGosh Mr. Bazaar. Just the kind of post to start a week off brilliant. The second image need to relocate to my bedroom pronto! And the diamond pink+yellow art work in image 4 would make such a lovely wallpaper too. I wish I could have added it to one of my recent looks for hgtv.com.

Hope you and Bright Bazaar readers have a great week ahead!

PS: Thank you for the gorgeous postcard from France! I stuck it in a frame and hung it on my postcard art wall in my office.

• Reply Nikki Rappaport February 7, 2012 at 12:28 am

This is my all time favorite color combo! I love how refreshing and happy it is for spring. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Lauren February 7, 2012 at 12:33 am

I love that color palette! Perfect for feeling like spring is just around the corner! Those rugs and that chair! Delightful!

• Reply jillian :: cornflake dreams. February 7, 2012 at 1:33 am

absolutely gorgeous bright pops of color! i am smitten with pink (and poppy red) lately. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

• Reply Rachel {Little Bits of Lovely} February 7, 2012 at 2:01 am

Such a gorgeous palette and so perfect for Spring! I'm loving your picks too – that fuschia lamp, yellow pendant light and west elm bowl are all so lovely! xx

• Reply Anna Williams February 7, 2012 at 2:42 am

Pink and yellow, and pink and orange, often end up looking like a teenage room disaster so it's lovely to see some creative, contemporary variations of the colour scheme! 🙂

• Reply VictoriaArt February 7, 2012 at 2:49 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Reply VictoriaArt February 7, 2012 at 2:50 am

Love the hallway with all the pretty kilims! The perfect spring palette! Yum!
    xoxo

• Reply Carolyn February 7, 2012 at 3:37 am

that is so pretty.. would love to decorate my place with those bright citrus notes!

• Reply t olugbala February 7, 2012 at 4:53 am

i'm lovin bright colors-especially neons! here's my ode to neons: http://politicsandfashionblog.com/2012/01/21/flashing-lights/

xoxo

• Reply la petite fashionista February 7, 2012 at 5:49 am

I've been incredibly inspired by colorful interiors lately; these are just the inspiration images I need! i absolutely love your blog! 🙂

• Reply Hannah February 7, 2012 at 7:23 am

I really like the orange shade used, particularly in the chair!

• Reply Stephanie - la belle in France February 7, 2012 at 8:01 am

Love it! Really in the mood for COLOR to get out of this Paris grey! 🙂

• Reply elisa February 7, 2012 at 8:57 am

beautiful.i love the citrus shades too. that turned lamp from habitat is so fine x

• Reply Cristina | Positively Beauty February 7, 2012 at 9:22 am

Lovely images, pink & yellow make for instant spring!

• Reply Jennifer Young February 7, 2012 at 9:30 am

i would never think to group these colors but i'm really loving it! that table cloth in the first image is brilliant–would love to DIY that! such a fantastic and color-filled post as always, will. thanks for the inspiration!
    j.

• Reply Igor Josifovic February 7, 2012 at 11:01 am

Looks like we are heading into a super colourful spring! Nothing to complain about!!!

• Reply meemers February 7, 2012 at 11:13 am

look at all of those beautiful colors! the perfect pick me up after the winter!!!

• Reply Qing Art February 7, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Definitely one of my favourite pages, I love this colour combination, uplifting.

• Reply LatteLisa LisaHjalt February 7, 2012 at 1:27 pm

This is one happy and bright post!
    I really like that living room space but unfortunately this colour palette wouldn't fit my home.

• Reply Chic Coles February 7, 2012 at 4:13 pm

The color palette inspired use. Great job, these color combinations are outstanding.

• Reply Julie-White Tapestry February 7, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I love those rugs!!

• Reply Amber February 7, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Love love love!

• Reply Jaclyn February 7, 2012 at 4:58 pm

spring colors are my fav! way to incorporate the tangerine.

• Reply Justina Blakeney February 7, 2012 at 5:12 pm

That hallway of rugs is ON!

• Reply Hilla Hryniszyn February 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm

colors of spring….
    adorable designs

• Reply Helene @ Homebound February 7, 2012 at 7:42 pm

oh my, i'm in love with this colour palette and would adapt in a heartbeat. totally screaming spring 😉 the second picture is my fave: neutral colours “pimped” with those lovely & springy hues. Will, thanks for putting spring back on my mind after all this snow and ice cold weather. xo, helene

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 7, 2012 at 8:04 pm

That is my favourite image from the spread, too! Love how fresh and airy it feels while still being colourful!

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair February 7, 2012 at 8:44 pm

And me I love the bright colours against the white background. Those rugs are also gorgeous! Cant wait to get this issue xx

• Reply Julie Khuu February 7, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Love these candy colors layered together…what's even more amazing is when they're mixed in with some inky dark walls…Hi gloss navy for a super chic effect! Spring can't come soon enough it seems…beautifully inspired collection!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

• Reply Rhônya Holman February 8, 2012 at 2:22 am

Such a beautiful and colorful post! Love all the details too. (*.*)

Sending happy thoughts your way!!

• Reply The Zhush February 9, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Catching up here, with these stunning color posts and your FAB trip to Paris! So good….

• Reply Ali'sCraftyBlog February 20, 2012 at 11:28 am

Great ideas and lovely colour combinations. Did some flower bunting in these colours the other day and it did look good.